• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax Potency Question

This came across my mind recently. How do we treat the potency of abilities that constantly become stronger when they’re used?

Like if a hax ability becomes more powerful at a constant rate, would it’s potency become more potent?

"Like if a hax ability becomes more powerful at a constant rate, would it’s potency become more potent?"

I would assume so.

"Like if a hax ability becomes more powerful at a constant rate, would it’s potency become more potent?"

I would assume so.
So let’s say that you have an ability with soul manipulation that can manipulate 100 souls at once.

The potency of the soul hax would, from that point, be 100+?

To answer your question second question, I think it's potency would remain the same unless stated or explicitly shown otherwise.

For instance, If a story says that a character's time stop is getting stronger or becomes stronger as the character grows then the time stop's potency wouldn't be considered better because there is no clarification on what aspect of the time stop makes it stronger than before. The time stop's range increasing could be it "getting stronger", the time stop's duration increasing could be it "getting stronger", or the time stop working on a person that it previously didn't work on could be it "getting stronger". "Getting stronger" can mean many different things for hax.

Basically, the aspect(s) of the hax that is getting stronger needs to be clarified by statements or showings, otherwise, it's potency is considered normal/basic.

That's how I view it.

I think its potency would increase but just by an unquantifiable amount.

And to the time stop point, baseline time stop resistance would still counter that.

Any form of rating the "potency" of hax beyond what the verse make it to be its arbitrary (in reality, you can't even say a real human can't resist something).

Any form of rating the "potency" of hax beyond what the verse make it to be its arbitrary (in reality, you can't even say a real human can't resist something).
Well we wouldn’t just abitrarily give the hax a random potency number from this.

More like just a “higher” rating or a “+”

Do we use the "higher" and "+" for powers? One rather write down how it works, the to anyone its own in a debate.

Back