• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Half-truth fallacy on Saiki's plot manipulation.

Aseka

He/Him
So, recently I was reading Saiki's page on wiki, and there's Plot Manipulation there. So I'm curious where is that come from. It is said it's from the novels, so I read it.

When I read the novels, it feels so odd for Saiki getting Plot hax. There's so much anti-feats hidden within it. And in addition, even Saiki's statement is only unilateral statemen without any proofs. So I want to show you the truth of it.

The plot hax comes from this feat. It says that Saiki was the one who writes the serialization of manga and that novelization. But, it's statement from Saiki was just a digression from the topic. He's being himself, digress that he write their serialization of manga.

The truth is he didn't write plot of Saiki Kusuo. Saiki didn't refer as the author of Saiki Kusuo's serialization, but in fact, he claims that the plot of Saiki Kusuo written by Asou-sensei, which indeed the author of Saiki Kusuo. He also says the author that write the novels (Asou-sensei) was completely out of his mind when writing the novels. And also, Saiki claims that his superpowers can't work on fictional characters, which should work if he can view that world as meta-fictional.

In conclusion, Saiki's plot manip was a lie. There's so much facts hidden while the statement alone is just digress from Saiki. He doesn't serious when he talked about it. Also, Saiki can't prove himself that he can write the meta-fictional world of Saiki Kusuo, only the author Asou-sensei.

Agree: Fikriskps, BestMGQScalerEver,
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
The CRT talks about higher dimensional, indeed it include Plot Manipulation, but I just want to argue about the Plot Manipulation that already in the profile. I don't care about the higher dimensional things, at least for now.
Edutyn explained why the Plot Manipulation should stay and the Antifeats, its better to argue the legitimacy of it there against Edutyn

its better to argue the legitimacy of it there against Edutyn
It's because the problems of his friends, right? Does it argue about how Saiki recognize his own author, despite he bluffing about his plot hax. He's just digress.

“The plot is built by the author”

Building the plot does not mean that Author wrote the novel it can just mean the general idea of the novel came from the Author but the Saiki was the one who wrote it. Its too vague to say much since he said “built” not “wrote”

“Whoever wrote this manga is crazy”

Its likely a joke and also extremely vague since Saiki might be talking about himself, which means its hard to know what he really meant. A weird metafictional joke

I dont see how these are enough to disprove Saikis literal statement of Plot Manipulation which has actually no vagueness unlike these antifeats

Disagree FRA

“Whoever wrote this manga is crazy”

Its likely a joke and also extremely vague since Saiki might be talking about himself, which means its hard to know what he really meant. A weird metafictional joke
You said that was a joke but you taken Saiki's digress statement seriously🙄

You said that was a joke but you taken Saiki's digress statement seriously🙄
One of them is calling the “author” crazy for making a weird plot, the other is a serious toned statement about the lenght of his powers.

Guess which one is more believeable.

The digress statement itself is vague, and what's more is it only unilateral claims. There's no proof that Saiki can write the plot.

Build the plot and write the plot is the same thing, what's the difference between it?

Build the plot and write the plot is the same thing, what's the difference between it?
Building a plot can mean having ideas and planning how its gonna be, if you look at the statement it implies Author was planning the plot more than making it

OR he was talking about the general plot of the series which makes it even more vague!
It's digress statement, not a serious one.
Saiki explains his powers like this for the entirety of his series and guess what? All of it is true. He is a believable source on his powers

“The plot is built by the author”

Building the plot does not mean that Author wrote the novel it can just mean the general idea of the novel came from the Author but the Saiki was the one who wrote it. Its too vague to say much since he said “built” not “wrote”
To add/support this

Asou doesn't seem to have complete control over the series.

Since he was unable to stop Alternate Saiki from eliminating Nendo from the story of "The Disastrous Life of Saiki K", leading to the cancellation of the series. (Which almost led him to return to his old job.)

Another occasion in which he altered the series was in chapter 100, although it failed to affect Saiki.

So, recently I was reading Saiki's page on wiki, and there's Plot Manipulation there. So I'm curious where is that come from. It is said it's from the novels, so I read it.

When I read the novels, it feels so odd for Saiki getting Plot hax. There's so much anti-feats hidden within it. And in addition, even Saiki's statement is only unilateral statemen without any proofs. So I want to show you the truth of it.

The plot hax comes from this feat. It says that Saiki was the one who writes the serialization of manga and that novelization. But, it's statement from Saiki was just a digression from the topic. He's being himself, digress that he write their serialization of manga.

The truth is he didn't write plot of Saiki Kusuo. Saiki didn't refer as the author of Saiki Kusuo's serialization, but in fact, he claims that the plot of Saiki Kusuo written by Asou-sensei, which indeed the author of Saiki Kusuo. He also says the author that write the novels (Asou-sensei) was completely out of his mind when writing the novels. And also, Saiki claims that his superpowers can't work on fictional characters, which should work if he can view that world as meta-fictional.

In conclusion, Saiki's plot manip was a lie. There's so much facts hidden while the statement alone is just digress from Saiki. He doesn't serious when he talked about it. Also, Saiki can't prove himself that he can write the meta-fictional world of Saiki Kusuo, only the author Asou-sensei.

Agree: Fikriskps, BestMGQScalerEver,
Disagree:
Neutral:
No longer interested in this crt? You should call some staff members.

To add/support this

Asou doesn't seem to have complete control over the series.

Since he was unable to stop Alternate Saiki from eliminating Nendo from the story of "The Disastrous Life of Saiki K", leading to the cancellation of the series. (Which almost led him to return to his old job.)

Another occasion in which he altered the series was in chapter 100, although it failed to affect Saiki.
Do you have any proof that the event number 100 was a Plot Manipulation created by the author (looks like just a case of reality warping)? Or that the author tried to stop Saiki from taking Nendo out of the story?

Back