• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

.hack//Series Discussion Thread

I'm trying to find some people who are willing to help me with research for dot hack. If you know some things and are willing to help, that'd be great.

I am willing to help with this, but unfortunately I don't have a PS2 and have no experience with the series whatsoever.

Ah, it's okay. Thank you for willing to help though. There are manga, anime, and some light novels if you wanna start there.

I could watch a Let's Play of it to find some feats if you like.

You're aware of the Tiering System and how it works, right? If so, do you know of any potential measurable feats?

I'm aware of how the tiering system works. But I guess I can tell you about the Twilight Bracelet, which is an item in the game that Kite carries, with it he can use Data Drain, which rewrites monster data, and from what was seen in .hack//Legend of the twilight and .hack//G.U., it can be used on other players. If you want to start with the games then start here. However, if you want to do it in Chronological order then I suggest reading .hack//AI Buster.
Let's Play Dothack Infection Episode 1 Cutscene Tutorials..
Let's Play Dothack Infection Episode 1 Cutscene Tutorials...

I'll look into it and see what I can find.

I've also spread the word about this thread in the chat and on my user page. I'll try to help in any way I can.

Again, thank you. This means a lot. Ah, and as a side note, some of the stuff you may find might be non-canon, such as .hack//xxxx, .hack//Legend of the Twilight(anime), and .hack//G.U.+, just to name a few

What ability would data-draining count as? Seems like existence deletion.

Plus there seems to be some reality warping/illusions present, shown at the 19:43 mark of that video you showed me where the area they were in completely changed.

Was that something Aura did? It seems like it.

Well in the game, it turned a dragon back into a baby and an evil tree into a flower. Data Drain can also use status effects such as debuffing and ailments. So in a way it very well could be, but most likely it's reconstrucing/deconstructing. However, there is a draw back, if used too much it can cause status effects to the user, not only that but it's rumored that it could also destroy The World if used carelessly.

The area was changed by the program following Aura, Skeith the terror of death, it was made to collect data on human emotion's towards death, it's known as a phase and there are 7 more phases. Here's a video showing what happens if Data Drain is used too much.
.Hack Data Drain=Game over
.Hack Data Drain=Game over

Alright, so since it appears to destroy the game's equivalent of a universe, it could be Low 2-C via overusing data drain.

Not to mention The World has different servers, like an american server, a japanese server, a european server, not to mention that all Mac Anu, Dou Loreign and others have different Lv. areas of their own. Data Drain can also be strong enough to send the players into a comatose.

It doesn't normally. however with the game over, it is implied to have done that if overused. As when*Spoilers*The World is destroyed at the end of .hack//Quarantine which leads into .hack//G.U. when The World is remade into The World R:2. Here's a small look at what Data Drain can do to a player.
.Hack Gu Vol
.Hack Gu Vol.1 Haseo gets data drained PCSX2

Another thing to note is that there may be one more version of a character, for example Kite, In The World R:1 he's played by a nameless protagonist, but later on a different PC that looks like Kite is played by a kid named Shugo. Later into The World R:2 Aura created an AI after the 3 azure knights, which was Orca, Balmung, and Kite. This AI is named Azure Flame Kite and appears very lanky and zombie-like. As we move into The World R:X, a girl named Sakuya uses a PC somewhat similar to Kite's, Aura recreated the players as virtual AIs, thus there is a Virtual Kite and a Virtual Shugo. The current Kite's are a girl named Sora and her friend named Tanaka. Tanaka's being from .hack//Versus and Sora's being from .hack//Beyond the world. There is still a few more Kites, however they're lost in translation since most of the some of the series was never localized.

Alright, so since there's more than one version of a character, we'll have to create separate keys for each version probably.

Kite | Kite 2 | Kite 3, etcetera.

Also, do you recall any explosions or feats that could be calc'd? I could try to assist in that. I'm still relatively new to calcing, so it would be good practice.

Actually yeah. Funny considering that was one of the things I needed to be calc'd. By the way, this is .hack//Link, the one with Virtual Kite, so everyone else you see in the video who isn't the red-headed kid(Tokio) is a Virtual AI of a player from the past, well aside from Flugel(The tall man with the long white hair), Cello(the little girl with the toy monster), and Klarinette(The cyan haired girl with an eye patch)
.hack LINK - Cross Rengeki Compilation (Part 1)
.hack LINK - Cross Rengeki Compilation (Part 1)

.hack LINK - Cross Rengeki Compilation (Part 2)
.hack LINK - Cross Rengeki Compilation (Part 2)

So if they're all virtual AIs from players of presumably equal levels, then they should probably scale, right?

Got it. I'll try and calc one of the ones in the first video. Although in most of them I cannot see the full distance the shockwaves travel. But I'll give it a shot anyways.

In the first video yes, however in the second video it wouldn't count except for Haseo, Xth Form is something completely new to them other than Tokio and Haseo.

I'm actually trying to calc the explosion made at around the 1:50 mark. Apparently the calculator I'm using isn't helping much.

I'll make a request in a thread.

Do you perhaps have any feats of characters destroying solid objects? I could probably do that. Trying to use a nuclear weapon yield calculator isn't working well for me.

.hack TRILOGY - B -st Haseo Vs
.hack TRILOGY - B -st Haseo Vs. Ova

Not sure if this helps, but here goes. Note that this is Bst-Form Haseo. So I guess this would be put under Haseo's forms.

I think there might be an error on the .hack//Wiki, as I watched a playthrough of Mutation, after defeating Magus, The World is then distorted causing most of the players connection to shut off from entering The World. It is very clear that it is better to do the research as well and not rely on the Wiki for everything
ÒÇî
ÒÇî.hack MUTATIONÒÇì - Ending & Credits

Back