• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arkenis

They/Them
Since Yuji's page is becoming more and more updated, I thought why not try seeing how far Yuji can get on another mc throughout their keys.

Post-Nen (Heavens Arena Arc) Gon:
Fearsome Womb Arc Yuji:

Last edited:
"The following are the assumptions to be made for battles in versus threads, if no alternative assumptions are specified by the thread creator"

You didn't specify anything about the battle other than versions
And the assumptions never list equal speed. Where are you seeing the equal speed assumption? If its not clear this isn't equal speed.

images

.......Jesus Christ did I mandala effect myself due to how often speed is equalized?

Do the 9-A key for Gon. that way he can at least be not in one shot territory immediately.

It'd be 0.005 tons vs 0.02 tons in favor of Yuji, a 4x gap so still favorable for him, but way more fair.

Do the 9-A key for Gon. that way he can at least be not in one shot territory immediately.

It'd be 0.005 tons vs 0.02 tons in favor of Yuji, a 4x gap so still favorable for him, but way more fair.
Alright I changed it.

Alright so I'd imagine Gon is definitely a bit better of a fighter here, and has higher LS; even if Yuji has karate training and all that Gon has more experience and knows Kung Fu, as well as Reactive Evolution that can let him become a better fighter mid combat. Perception manip also helps at the cost of making him more vulnerable to damage due to basically turning off his aura barrier.

Yuji is more than 4x stronger, and has the capability to see Nen due to being able to see Cursed Spirits; this could likely let him exploit Gon shifting his aura around with Gyo, but he's not that great at doing that yet so maybe not; still note worthy. Ren is also generally OOC for Gon to use offensively, and Yuji might be able to willpower around it anyways since its not potent enough to make him wanna die immediately anyways. If he has slaughter demon here he can effectively shank Gon to death, and Fishing Rod probably doesn't work very well for Gon here since that's basically asking for someone as insane as Yuji to just pull them into you

Basically this is Gon's superior skills and abilities vs Yuji's sheer power, don't know who to lean on but I'd like to see more arguments

Itadori's profile is reslly outdated. Theres already a class 5 feat for him and he should def scale to 8-C. Idk why we still use 9-A

The AP difference shouldn't be that detrimental after some time as;
Analytical Prediction (Capable of reading Knuckle's movements despite being slower. Was also capable of reading Gido's tops with his enhanced senses whose patterns are too complex even for the attacker)
Accelerated Development (Gon's talent was described to possess an uncanny, bottomless potential. Gon can learn extremely quickly, and that is true especially in the field of Nen, with an aptitude like his being very rare), Reactive Power Level (Gon's physical capabilities increase amid combat. He can adapt to stronger and faster opponents and much more skilled opponents[1])
Gon's gonn adapt to Yuji's skill and catch up to Yuji's strength in a prolonged fight. Anything Yuji can do before that happens?

Gon skill aren't impressive in this key (or in any). He cannot adapt to skills instantaly. The Gigo's feat is not gonna be useful here in any shape or form

Hell, in exam hunter he couldn't defeat the bald ninja who was less than four times his strenght

Gon skill aren't impressive in this key (or in any
I don't think 9-A Yuji's skills are that impressive either. He's a physical brawler who fights other strong characters using mundane techniques like karate and boxing. Not too far from what Gon has;
even if Yuji has karate training and all that Gon has more experience and knows Kung Fu
The skill gap shouldn't be incomparable at it's worst. They have similar capabilities.
Gon on the other hand has Adapting Capabilities especially in the skill department which could help him learn and counter a similarly skilled opponent such as Yuji. Albeit this happens in time, and that won't be a problem as Gon has incredible willpower and stamina.

I don't think 9-A Yuji's skills are that impressive either. He's a physical brawler who fights other strong characters using mundane techniques like karate and boxing. Not too far from what Gon has;
Thats the point. No skill gap, therefone the 4x difference will asure the win
Gon on the other hand has Adapting Capabilities especially in the skill department which could help him learn and counter a similarly skilled opponent such as Yuji.
Gon have never dealt with someone four time stronger and more durable, whos capable to keep fightning even after having numerous organs destroyed
Gon will at best try to do a "stealth attack" like agaisnt Hisoka and connect a direct punch, which will not do much effect at all

Thats the point. No skill gap, therefone the 4x difference will asure the win

Gon have never dealt with someone four time stronger and more durable, whos capable to keep fightning even after having numerous organs destroyed
Gon will at best try to do a "stealth attack" like agaisnt Hisoka and connect a direct punch, which will not do much effect at all
I see. In that case, how would Gon have a decisive win or rather a wincon to validate Yuji's own decisive win by physical stats. If there's none, then it's a stomp.

Also I say Gon is more skilled cause of him fighting more than this Yuji has, this Yuji's barely fought a curse at this point while this Gon has gone toe to toe with Hisoka at this point

Gon's already mastered the basics of nen here. Gon's more experienced in combat at this point, he's got his experience in fighting wild life too, and he's quick at developing plans, even if against someone like Hisoka his plans failed, Yuji is less intelligent and would fall for numerous things Gon could think of. This Yuji's also got lower stamina, he isn't gonna just push through all the accumulated damage like his later keys.

Back