• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku lifting strength edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goku's lifting strength stats is missing on the wiki. One of my friend posted this calc on facebook about Goku's lifting strength. Note: I can't guarantee that my friend is an expert on anime stats calc, however he put some effort and here are his words. The calc is based on the showings from Episode 3 of DBS and compared to Goku's previous showing in the manga (the infamous 40 ton) so likely the calc is a low end estimate.

I am copying his words from FB.

Nicholas Oldick Anyone want to do the math to actually calc the goku feat? I dont even remember how much each arm weight weighed XD

Nicholas Oldick 10*19. One goku of tgose weights is about 190 tons. I counted 14 gokus to a single to

Nicholas Oldick Correct me if Im wrong, but 14*190 seems to be 760+1900. 2660 tons per weight
Nicholas Oldick Tyree, using the ASSUMPTION that these large weights are made of the same thing as the smaller weights, I am calcing the approximate tonage Nicholas Oldick 19 of those weights makes approximately a goku sized figure. 14 goku-esqu figures seem to make up a single weight. I placed each weight at 10 tons (as 4 were 40 tons) Nicholas Oldick Now continuing where I was, 2660 tons per weight times the 3 weights. 7980 tons under normal gravity for that feat, assuming my calcs are correct and those weights are made of the same material as the smaller weights Nicholas Oldick 7980*10 for the total gravity. Current base Goku can lift, assuming my calcs are correct and the weights are made of th same materials, 79,800 tons Probably my friends calc is wrong That's why I want an expert to look into Goku's feat. I ALSO REQUEST THE MODS to put Goku's lifting strength at least 80,000 tons until new calc is published
11209572 934574023248305 3329464731454005707 n

11753720 934574429914931 7842836799356126219 n
Goku lifting weight

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 said:
40 tons lifting feat is inconsistent... so this calc doesn't mean much...
That's the only quantifiable lifting feat in the manga, so whether it's inconsistent or not doesn't matter. I already said in the OP that it's a low end calc. 80000 ton is better than nothing

If somebody gets another calc, I have no problem with that. But since we have a calc already there's no reason to disregard it when no other calc is available

I still say it was because there was ten times gravity, that the feat was difficult for him at first. But yeah. Ten times gravity and thats at least Class 70 or 80, easily.

@ Joseph619: No it's not. According to this calc we accept Goku strugling to lift 40 tons in base which we most definitely don't. Scale the thing Goku's lifting up and then do the calc don't base the thing on something we don't accept....

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 said:
@ Joseph619: No it's not. According to this calc we accept Goku strugling to lift 40 tons in base which we most definitely don't. Scale the thing Goku's lifting up and then do the calc don't base the thing on something we don't accept....
The calc is perfectly in accordance with the manga and it's not based on imagination. If you don't accept it, please make a better calc yourself. Otherwise I would appreciate you not saying anything on this matter since you're not contributing.

I agree withSchutzenDunkelZiel1217.

We can't base his Lifting Strength off of a calc which uses an outlier that we don't accept as legitimate. Even if we were to put something like "80,000 tons at the bare minimum," we would still be acknowledging the 40 ton inconsistency as accurate, which we don't.

If somebody doesn't acknowledge then they can calculate it themselves. That's the point of this thread. You don't have to accept the calc

I already made oneon Goku's page using a building's weight for the weight he was lifting up and multiplying it by 10 for the ten times gravity.

I'm giving you a reason as to why we can't use this yet you tell me to go away. I'm not gonna say anything bad just cuz I'm too tired right now.

Is it possible to calculate the weight of the image from DB Super instead?

Antvasima said:
They need an equivalent, or scientific evidence that can be placed alongside it. Everything takes evidence when making these calcs.

Antvasima said:
We can use regular weights. Shouldn't be that difficult to calc. We have many angles of the lifting feat, a calc expert can make an estimate pretty easily. Can you ask someone to do a calc?

I have already asked people a lot lately, so I don't wish to disturb them too much, as it isn't that important an issue. But you can ask them yourself if you wish.

Isn't like DBZ focuses on lifting feats. Though, considering Freeza could hold up a Spirit Bomb, and it was "physical" in nature, with so much mass and energy, I'm guessing it can't be quantified in the powers.

What do you guys think of this? The red texts means like it made a correction on the value. Do you think it's adequate for his lifting strength from episode 3 of Dragon Ball Super?
Goku getting back into shape by brandonking2013-da591dc

Goku lifted Giant Piccolo which was stated to be 10x larger

using square-cube law. He would be several hundred tons in mass

and that was a serious scene unlike the 40 tons feat

In DBZ Kai (What is our policy again?) Goku lifts several hundred ton trees and resists a several thousand ton island being thrown at him

Well, given how much more powerful he is in SSB form compared to base, it is still very hard to approximate his true current power level.

this is stupid, remember when he changed it from 8 tons to 40 tons, the weight didn't change size, so this could actually be similar weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back