• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Get Ratioed vs Boogie Woogie

Todo took a direct Black Flash and stayed standing so he should be able to take at least one or two ratio hits. Boogie Woogie is a very disorienting technique even for characters that know how it works and Todo himself is very smart with it (enhancing object with CE to switch with them, fake clapping to make his opponent think he'll switch). Overall i think Todo would be able to evade Nanami and wear him down and him finding Playful Cloud would basically be an instawin given it's huge AP boost, so i'm going Todo for now

Boogie Woogie's true capabilities are possible when Todo is paired up with an equal partner like Yuji so he's gonna have to rely on throwing rocks infused with his CE to use it in this matchup
Really shouldn't be hard. He can also. just mess with Nanami up close with his ct like he did to Mahito during the fight. It'll make Nanami hitting harder but he should get used to it quickly.

Todo took a direct Black Flash and stayed standing so he should be able to take at least one or two ratio hits. Boogie Woogie is a very disorienting technique even for characters that know how it works and Todo himself is very smart with it (enhancing object with CE to switch with them, fake clapping to make his opponent think he'll switch). Overall i think Todo would be able to evade Nanami and wear him down and him finding Playful Cloud would basically be an instawin given it's huge AP boost, so i'm going Todo for now
All basically true. Though I think Nanami can very much cause issues for Todo as well by destroying the area with his ratio tech making the area harder to teleport around like destroying large portions of the ground to block places to teleport

I agree, but at the same time Nanami fought a horde of curses while half his body was a skeleton. Todo damn near went down with that Black Flash, so when it comes to sheer endurance I think Nanami edges out.
Thing is by the nature of his technique Todo wont have to take as many hits as Nanami in this fight, so being just durable enough/having high enough endurance to where he can take a few hits is enough

Nanami straight up has Supernatural Willpower along with his stamina feats which are more impressive than Todo's. Although, Todo with Playful Cloud would be a handful for Nanami, a single strike dealt pretty big damage to Hanami
I think Nanami can use his sword to block PC unless we assume it will cleaves through it.

I agree, but at the same time Nanami fought a horde of curses while half his body was a skeleton. Todo damn near went down with that Black Flash, so when it comes to sheer endurance I think Nanami edges out.
Yeah agree with this.

Both have almost same skill set except Nanami Outscales Todo with Supernatural Willpower and Stamina/Endurance.

Also Nanami Ratio Technique would definitely gonna have a big impact on Todo with just one hit. He doesn't have any Regeneration powers like curses. One hit is enough to lose an arm or leg.

Also Nanami Extension Technique can come in handy with the forest. He can always create a blindspot.

Wait Todo doesn’t instantly have access to pc in this matchup, which makes it harder for him to defend and deal damage against Nanami.

Boogie woogie is an insane technique but it is possible to get the timing right and predict Todo’s moves, especially with prior knowledge too. And Nanami getting the timing right might just be a black flash.

I think Nanami can use his sword to block PC unless we assume it will cleaves through it.
Playful Cloud is durable enough to withstand smashing into Hanami, Dagon's toughest Shikigami and Dagon himself (who Nanami in Overtime can't even deal significant damage to with the Ratio Technique) so I don't think Nanami can cut through it
Really shouldn't be hard. He can also. just mess with Nanami up close with his ct like he did to Mahito during the fight. It'll make Nanami hitting harder but he should get used to it quickly.
Nanami would learn to anticipate switching places with only Todo pretty quickly especially with already having prior knowledge which is why Todo would need to mix in other objects to throw off Nanami
Yeah kinda downplaying Nanami here, he took death swarm for a minute and left with his body intact completely, a playful cloud strike really shouldn't be something too destructive. And I don't remember pc doing insane damage.
It should be noted that Dagon only focused 30% of his power on Nanami as he saw Naobito as a bigger threat and Megumi expanded Chimera Shadow Garden in Dagon's Domain not long after. Maki with Playful Cloud was capable of knocking Hanami far back and injuring his arm as well as tearing a chunk out of Dagon's arm and Todo should scale above her physically.

It should be noted that Dagon only focused 30% of his power on Nanami as he saw Naobito as a bigger threat and Megumi expanded Chimera Shadow Garden in Dagon's Domain not long after. Maki with Playful Cloud was capable of knocking Hanami far back and injuring his arm as well as tearing a chunk out of Dagon's arm and Todo should scale above her physically.
Yeah the power thing is in relation to just how many shikigamis he got attacked with, its not a literal power difference idt. And yeah Maki did that but we see Todo can't even dent Hanami's face when he hits her. And I think the Hanami you're bringing up for Maki is a Hanami who was holding back and hadn't tapped into their soul as well. But regardless Nanami should be able to block without suffering too great.

Playful Cloud is durable enough to withstand smashing into Hanami, Dagon's toughest Shikigami and Dagon himself (who Nanami in Overtime can't even deal significant damage to with the Ratio Technique) so I don't think Nanami can cut through it
Nanami Technique didn't worked against Dagon but his Blade survived Jogos attack and Death Swarm.
Even if we go by 70% attack was against Naobita and 30% Attack was directed at Nanami by Dagon shows Naboita is only 2 times stronger than Nanami where Naobito himself can damage Dagon. PC shouldn't have too much difference in durability of Nanami blade.

Nanami Technique didn't worked against Dagon but his Blade survived Jogos attack and Death Swarm.
Even if we go by 70% attack was against Naobita and 30% Attack was directed at Nanami by Dagon shows Naboita is only 2 times stronger than Nanami where Naobito himself can damage Dagon. PC shouldn't have too much difference in durability of Nanami blade.
Nanami's blade wasn't hit by Jogo's attack. Nanami's blade wasn't hit by the Shikigami either, they were biting into his body

Ya arguing over PC scaling but Todo first needs to get PC. At least address how the fights gonna go and if Todo can last long enough before getting PC and even after getting PC is he gonna be in good condition to use PC properly.

Ya arguing over PC scaling but Todo first needs to get PC. At least address how the fights gonna go and if Todo can last long enough before getting PC and even after getting PC is he gonna be in good condition to use PC properly.
Doesn't he just have to sense its cursed energy and clap at the start of the fight

I am leaning towards Nanami just due to the fact in close combat all he'll need is one hit with ratio on any part of Todo and considering they both have prior knowledge he's likely to strike his arms rendering him unable to clap. Though I will put forth Todo can boogie Nanami blade but we see Nanami can just use his ct barehanded so it won't really matter much, it'll just become a fist fight with Todo having to dodge every potential strike and I don't think Todo's got the speed advantage here by much.

I will also argue Nanami's more likely to hit BF and do so consecutively than Todo is just off their only accounts of doing so, so it's likely Nanami gets BF connect before Todo will and after that it'll be basically over.

This is a pretty hard one. I think Nanami would just barely win due to greater experience and the fact that Nanami's shown greater feats of durability than Todo, with how he could keep fighting after being swarmed by Dagon's shikigami and could STILL fight after being burned by Jogo. I think Nanami's cursed technique would allow him to land more powerful blows, and Boogie Woogie really works best when it's in tandem with a partner, so it would be easier for Nanami to predict Todo's movements after a period of time.

Back