• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

G1 Megatron runs a villain gauntlet

So wait, your putting a tier 1 character against a bunch of tier 2 characters and below? I don't really get the logic of that lol

Aurasuke said:
So wait, your putting a tier 1 character against a bunch of tier 2 characters and below? I don't really get the logic of that lol
That's only after reaching a certain point in the list without that level of power, and half of them IIRC have high level magic and hax.

Iustitia Prime said:
That's only after reaching a certain point in the list without that level of power, and half of them IIRC have high level magic and hax.
No amount of lower-dimensional hax is going to be able to even scuff Alternity Megatron's armor.

He said he could use it starting from the 15th round, at which point Megatron stomps everyone effortlessly.

this is like saying megatron vs demonbane, there is literally no way the other characters can defeat a tier 1, so really there isn't a point of this at all, spite much?

Aurasuke said:
this is like saying megatron vs demonbane, there is literally no way the other characters can defeat a tier 1, so really there isn't a point of this at all, spite much?

Again, Megatron can only use that form if he gets to the last quarter of opponents.

I still don't get the point of this though, at least add in someone of the same tier like the anguished one, or lambadelta if your trying to measure his power. if not just by literally looking at the tier you can already tell the result. anyone higher than his tier beats him, lower loses

Aurasuke said:
I still don't get the point of this though, at least add in someone of the same tier like the anguished one, or lambadelta if your trying to measure his power. if not just by literally looking at the tier you can already tell the result. anyone higher than his tier beats him, lower loses
I have no idea who those are. I used characters I'm familiar enough with to make a list. I do not know every character or franchise, especially the most obscure ones from Japan.

Regardless. Discounting Alternity, Megatron's highest AP looks to be small planet, and his highest speed FTL.

Rounds 1 through 12 are fairly easy wins. With small planet AP, Megatron oneshots all of them, basically. Diablomon is too slow, so he dies.

Stops at Ganondorf due to lacking the means to kill him, although Ganondorf can't do anything to him, either. Doom's page says basically nothing about his stats, so I really can't say anything there, although by the feats I know, Doom should be able to kill him fairly easily as well.

Unless you count Alternity, in which case Megatron kills everyone starting Round 15, and dies to everyone otherwise.

Promestein said:
Regardless. Discounting Alternity, Megatron's highest AP looks to be small planet, and his highest speed FTL.
Rounds 1 through 12 are fairly easy wins. With small planet AP, Megatron oneshots all of them, basically. Diablomon is too slow, so he dies.

Stops at Ganondorf due to lacking the means to kill him, although Ganondorf can't do anything to him, either. Doom's page says basically nothing about his stats, so I really can't say anything there, although by the feats I know, Doom should be able to kill him fairly easily as well.

Unless you count Alternity, in which case Megatron kills everyone starting Round 15, and dies to everyone otherwise.

Do you think Megatron could edge out further through his durability and special powers? I'm not sure how resistent 14-16 are to matter manipulation. Megatron's original ability was summoning anti-matter blasts. His G2 powers allow him to manipulate atomic particles, exciting electrons and imploding neutrons. I don't know why Doom's page doesn't have stats listed by I recall him being a match for Thing and Hulk and fighting cosmic foes. But Ganon I've heard conflicting things about. Shau Khan I know nothing about besides him having soul/mind manipulation.

Promestein said:

Do you think Megatron could edge out further through his durability and special powers? I'm not sure how resistent 14-16 are to matter manipulation. Megatron's original ability was summoning anti-matter blasts. His G2 powers allow him to manipulate atomic particles, exciting electrons and imploding neutrons. I don't know why Doom's page doesn't have stats listed by I recall him being a match for Thing and Hulk and fighting cosmic foes. But Ganon I've heard conflicting things about. Shau Khan I know nothing about besides him having soul/mind manipulation.

If he makes it to 15 he can use that form and its powers if needed. No prep

So basically it's tier 1 against tier 5 to tier 2, that's why I don't get the point of this thread, they aren't even in the same tier of power.

Which is why I think it's spite.

Oh, anti-matter blasts would win him Ganon and Shao Kahn due to his speed advantage, and likely Skeletor as well. Doom's armor is apparently filled with all sorts of ridiculous things that would likely make him at least partly resistant, although Megatron likely has at least the potential to win.

After that, though, everyone else one-shots him due to higher speed and AP.

Promestein said:
Oh, anti-matter blasts would win him Ganon and Shao Kahn due to his speed advantage, and likely Skeletor as well. Doom's armor is apparently filled with all sorts of ridiculous things that would likely make him at least partly resistant, although Megatron likely has at least the potential to win.
so are you restricting his tier 1 form?

Aurasuke said:
Yes. It's clear that he can effortlessly beat anyone here with it.

Promestein said:
I remember Doom having crazy shit going for him. Reading the Darth Vader vs Doctor Doom topic on Death Battle's forum I came across lots of absurd shit. Like even his Doom Bots having the ability to siphon the power cosmic for a limited time.

Promestein said:
Aurasuke said:
Yes. It's clear that he can effortlessly beat anyone here with it.
which is why i think they should at least include some characters of the similar tier lol,

someone like the anguished one at the very least,

Guys I am in my opinion fairly transparant. I created a list of bad guys I knew and pitted a bad guy against them. In hindsight, yes, Megatron's most powerful form is likely a stomp to the upper tier. But again, I don't know everything. Last I knew Frieza was a planet-buster and now he's listed at multi-galactic level based on an anime I haven't watched. There are characters here I'm familiar with but not up to date on, meaning there could be plenty I'm not aware of that could even things out.

And again, I don't know every character or franchise ever. I don't really pay much attention to newer media which is probably where most tier 1 guys are. Honestly, again, this was a theme match up for villains. Going through the Tier 1 list I feel like I'm looking at alphabet soup.

If you guys want to add some higher tier villains to the list I am totally cool with that for the sake of fairness. I don't want a spite match, I just want to get some matches between Megatron and other big bads.

Autobot234 said:
Stops at 21.
Why the hell are you bumping necro threads? Most pages used in this have changed or been deleted since this thread was made, no argument even makes sense.

Back