• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not the most knowledgeable on Fire Emblem but if that calc is accurate it would likely only scale to them when they are wielding those weapons

The way Vivi found the timeframe for the crying seems a bit weird. Not sure if we can use an assumption like that, but I'll leave it for the other calc members to decide. Flooding the Earth in general is low end High 6-A anywho.

Second calc seems fine.

For now yes, you can likely keep the calc in the profile as the low end is Multi-Continent level and consistent with other feats of flooding the world, but if the high end is accepted youre free to change it back.

Yeah, I agree with the upgrades. It literally made no sense for base Roy to be ranked stronger than Eliwood, Lyn and Hector to begin with. And the Fire Dragon fought at the end of FE7 is way more powerful than any of the manakates seen in FE6; Fire Dragon is able to put up somewhat of a decent fight against 3 or 4 Divine weapon users while Manakates in FE6 are typically casually stomed by just one Divine weapon.

And for clearence, that calc was made by Proto; So he would be a good person to ask. But he's been busy with RL lately. But anyway, I was just trying to be informative and share my thoughts. I agree with the second tags of the Elibe Fire Emblem series being High 6-A.

So, in your opinion, Base Roy and Lilina should be downgraded to 8-C and the three main characters from FE7 should be upgraded to be High 6-A with their Holy Weapon?

Yes, that sounds right. But I'll wait for more feed back from staff of course.

I don´t know, arent those manaketes supposed to be from the fire dragon tribe or something?

I always thought the final dragon in FE7 was just a regular fire dragon.

I suppose this makes sense, given that Durandal and Armads are members of the Eight Legendary Weapons and the Sol Katti is thought to be on par with them.

However, as Miles has stated, the Fire Dragon is pretty much an ordinary Manakete and there's nothing particularly remarkable about it aside from being unusually strong and tough as it was designated as a final boss. In addition, it was actually weakened during the fight by Ninian's attack as an Ice Dragon.

Actually I've never heard any source stating that the Fire Dragon fought at the end of FE7 was an ordinary manakete. That Fire Dragon in paricular came from another world and was merely summoned by Nergal at the Dragon's gate; they came from the world Ninian and Nils came from of course. Also, I've heard several times throughout the game that those Dragons in paricular was capable of destroying the world; albeit it's not specific how long it would take to do so. And of course, that it was able to provide a challege with a couple Divine Weapon users should indicate that Tier High 6-A would be a reasonable tier for Fire Drago

Now anyway, I respect the opinions of everyone else, but I just wanted to be informative. I've played through both games at least a dozen times, and I've never heard Fire Dragon being comparable to the manakates. They came from another realm entirely and even just three of them were considered a threat to the entire world. And the important fact one of them even in a weakened was comparable to the Divine Weapons. In other words I think Fire Dragon and the second tags lyn, Eliwood, and Hector should be multi-continent level. And same thing with Nergal, scaling from the lords.

@DarkDragonMedeus

Regardless, all of the dragons that have appeared in the series have been manaketes and it would be strange to assume that these Fire Dragons would be any different, given that dragons like Jahn have the same class as Fire Dragons.

@Reppuzan

Yeah, that does make sense. Dragons in the Fire Emblem franchise with the exeption of wyverns, but they're irrelevent, have always been people who turn into Dragons regardless if they're manakates or Laguz. Not much is known about the Dragons Gate Fire Dragons, and there is a strong possibility that they could be manakates. The only point I wanted to highlight was that the Fire Dragon Boss was on another level from most of the common enemy manakates when it comes to power. And I said most because, Zephiel and Yahn was also stated to be comparible to Roy and Idoun in Roy's profile. So, I personally think Yahn may be a good comparison for Fire Dragon. I'll accept whatever conclusion that comes to an agreement regardless.

@DarkDragonMedeus

The Dragon Laguz are effectively Manaketes in every sense of the word aside from the fact that they don't use Dragonstones.

What we do know about the Dragons from the Dragon Gate is that that's where the Dragons went after The Scouring, which includes the likes of Nils and Ninian, who are Manaketes. In addition, Manaketes are constantly referred to simply as dragons throughout the Elibe saga, with Ain being a "war dragon" and Fae and Idenn being Divine Dragons. Thus you can only say that they're manaketes.

@Reppuzan

Alright. I apologize for not remembering that bit; about the Dragons Gate being a refuge for the dragons/manakates. I do appriciate the reinformation however. But at the same time, my initial thoughts on the tier revisions remain the same; but whatever we decide is fine by me.

Wait, if the fire dragon could only be defeated with holy weapons in FE7 canonwise and we kind of agree they are comparable to the ones you face in FE6, wouldnt that mean Roy and Lilina are High 6-A at base?

@Miles

That's the thing. Things get bumpy with scaling because of the fact that Roy and Lilina should be much weaker than their End-of-Story parents. In addition, various other materials depict other people as being able to best Manaketes with relatively mundane weapons. In addition, Roy's feat of shaking Elibe with the Sword of Seals was treated as a pretty big deal.

I'm willing to bump up Roy with the Sword of Seals and Lilina with Forblaze to High 6-A, but I'm unsure about any other occasions.

Roy is already High 6-A in his page, tho. I think the FE7 cast with their holy weapons, the fire dragon, Ninian amd Lilina should all be upgraded to High 6-A.

In this case, maybe we should get rid of their base forms to avoid confusion, or just put their base forms at "At most/Possibly High 6-A" even if it is a bit outlier-ish.

@Miles

I already said that I'm limiting any upgrades to when they have the Eight Legendary Weapons, since they are what caused the above feat in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back