• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Exiled Student fights a very territorial Chieftain! (Liam Sternberg vs Kryn-ge-Raned vyn Taryal)

So because I know Liam better, being the writer and all, I'll go over some of his edges in this fight

I'm not sure what the skill range is for Crestseal, but Liam probably has Kryn beat out in this. He's an expert martial artist with training in hundreds of diffrent martial arts from around the world, with such in depth knowledge on fighting that he can look at the stance somebody takes and instantly identify what type of martial arts they know and roughly how skilled they are in it, as well as predict their next attack from it. He also has a large amount of experience in combat, being a professional hero for many years and having faught countless diffrent superpowered opponents.

For hacks, his most helpful one is definetly his damage reduction, with his sollertia allowing him to negate a large portion of damage done to him, even making punches that are simular in power to his own pretty much worthless, allowing him to go on for a crazy long time without going down. Even if the "forcefield" that allows him to do this is broken he can still somwhat do this. I'm not sure if Liam's Analytical Prediction would work here, as Kryn has a resistance, but Analytical Prediction might also work diffrently in that verse so idk

Liam is also a lot smarter, being a far better stratigist and planner and having more overall knowledge on fighting. He does miss out on edges such as AP and LS, but he does have plenty more going for him in this fight

Kryn can fight off people who can fodderize people who can fodderize people who are more skilled than this guy (look at his feats and all other stuff comes from skill as well). Kryn's Analytical Prediction and Information Analysis are very layered as well as his resistances to them

Here Kryn just reads Liam like a book (ironically) and thus knows whatever his abilities are and what he will do next. I don't know how much damage reduction can reduce given Kryn has 2x AP advantage, can immediately blast him with many Farbeams, and can also fold Liam if he gets his hands on him via Pre-Stellar LS

The only advantage Liam has here is knowing more different types of martial arts which I don't think is very useful against Kryn to be honest

Back