• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

empty plot and empty plane of existence

I have a question that no one has answered

Character A is outside reality and reality is what makes up the story, so isn't escaping the story the same as escaping the plane of existence?

Okay so you have a narrative/story in a verse, and sed narrative/story is made from reality/a part of reality. In that case, being outside of reality is akin to being outside of the story/narrative.

However, escaping the story does not mean you are escaping from reality. It depends on whether all of reality makes up the story, or if the story is just made up of A PART of reality.

However, escaping the story does not mean you are escaping from reality. It depends on whether all of reality makes up the story, or if the story is just made up of A PART of reality.
Okay so you have a narrative/story in a verse, and sed narrative/story is made from reality/a part of reality. In that case, being outside of reality is akin to being outside of the story/narrative.

Okay, I understand but can you explain more about ''created by a part of reality''? Because every story in my opinion is made up of the reality of that world, blabla stories are made up of the reality of the verse, so I think that if you are outside the story, it is the same as being outside reality. of that verse. Please explain more carefully

Okay, I understand but can you explain more about ''created by a part of reality''? Because every story in my opinion is made up of the reality of that world, blabla stories are made up of the reality of the verse, so I think that if you are outside the story, it is the same as being outside reality. of that verse. Please explain more carefully
It depends on how the verse you are talking about treats it. If there is nothing beyond the story, then yes, escaping the story would be akin to escaping reality and vice versa.

However, if the verse says there's more to the world than just the story, then escaping the story would just mean you are somewhere else, outside of the story, but still within reality.

So in the end it just depends on what the author says.

Back