• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Duplicate forum threads & other issues

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
As many of you have likely noticed, the VsBattles wiki has recently had a problem with various new forum threads being automatically posted in 4-6 duplicate versions almost every day.

I have contacted Wikia's official staff regarding the issue, and they have told me that they will try to fix the bug as soon as possible.

In addition, when I attempted to check the "see more discussions" link at the bottom right corner of a page, in order to find and reference an old topic, I could only view the most recent of the 3 thread list pages. Clicking "next", or the "2", or the "3", did not work. It simply redirected me to the first page.

Given that this feature is important for our wiki, since we need to find and reference old topics, so they do not get repeated continuously, I contacted Wikia's staff about this problem as well, and they told me that the technical team would try to fix it.

As a more minor detail, when checking the VsBattles wiki's current WAM score, I noticed that it was registered under the "Movies" category.

The wiki is technically focused on indexing the statistics of characters from all forms of media, but it is primarily focused on western and eastern comics and cartoons. Hence, I asked them to change the main focus category from Movies to Comics, since it might help more visitors in our target audience to take notice.

They were very helpful, and have performed the change.

Aye. Really annoying to deal with the duplicates.

Question about the WAM (i didn't know that was a thing the network has). Is this because most of our potential visitors are people who read comic books?

Yes. WAM is a rating that, as far as I understand, combines the number of visitors with the overall activity of a wiki, and then ranks them accordingly.

We tend to vary between rank 40 and 60, depending on how active our wiki is at the moment. But we have steadily gone up in overall Similarweb visitor statistics.

I have encountered the Duplicate forum glitch multiple times and it was getting quite annoying Likewise the notification bar glitch where notifications are duplicated and can't get removed....I'm glad these issues are getting taken cared for...

They are not resolved yet, as far as I am aware, but the staff members said that they were going to try to fix them.

Back