• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Do higher tiered characters ALWAYS win on here?

I'm relatively new to this forum — and have made a small handful of versus threads. However, in the threads I've made, the characters, in my opinion, have been suitable matches. The common trend I've seen is that people automatically give the fight to the character with a higher tier, regardless of what attributes comprise the justification for the higher tier.

For example, Batman, an ordinary human, has taken down threats with an incredibly high tier on paper — and that's just the situation. If we evaluate too closely as to what's on paper, then the higher tiered will always win when we don't take other factors in to consideration.

So, my question is, when criteria justifies a lowered tier character defeating a higher tiered character?

Are there any cases where a high 1-B defeats a 1-A? Or, where a 2-A defeats a 1-A?

No, tier doesn't mean much.

Sans is one of the more prominent examples of this. 1-A matches are prohibited because of the nature of 1-A, so you will never find cases where one beats a 1-A, even if they themselves are.

Not always, but usually yeah. For instance a tier 6 character will stomp a tier 9 character due to sheer difference in attack potency, but it can be a stomp for the tier 9 character because he can have certain hax, like time stop, soul manipulation, existence erasure, etc.

Now for characters that are higher dimensional, it's always (until the tiering revisions hit) a stomp for the higher dimensional one, unless the lower dimensional one has feats or abilities that can affect and kill a higher dimensional one.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
No, tier doesn't mean much.

Sans is one of the more prominent examples of this. 1-A matches are prohibited because of the nature of 1-A, so you will never find cases where one beats a 1-A, even if they themselves are.
Actually 1-A matches are not banned youre thinking of Tier 0.

tbh it completely depends on what characters have in their arsenal. An example being Naruto Uzumaki (Part II) would obviously lose to someone like Son Goku (Dragon Ball Super) due to the strength difference. But if someone say Reinhard Heydrich fights goku he would win even though there is a massive tier and AP difference due to his abilities effective goku and him not resisting said abilities.

Its very situational at times too as in terms of physical abilities like 2-A and high 1-B trying to fight a 1-A they would get destroyed horribly unless the weaker characters have abilities that can effect and kill the 1-A and not die from being breathed on too hard

I think the point was made, no need to make this into "here's another character that can beat a higher tiered one!"

Back