• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Lightbuster30 said:
What are your thoughts on the current conversation?
I think that you should add a brief explanation that he can shut off gravity within his realm, as an example.

Physics Manipulation (Upon entering his realm, a curse placed on the Cutie Mark Crusaders failed due to his realm lacking any form of logic (He has displayed control over his realm such as adding and deleting gravity from it on a whim)

To me, only the second example should be listed.

"Logic" isn't really a physical law, creating a realm without logic wouldn't really give you that either, and "manipulating logic" is a from of Chaos Manipulation.

DMB 1 said:
To me, only the second example should be listed.
Yeah, but then that would only be gravity manipulation. The first example proves his realm lacks logic by stating and showing it. The second example proves he has control over this illogical nature.

DMB 1 said:
"Logic" isn't a physical law.
Isn't it related to them though? True, gravity can be considered part of the laws of physics, but I don't think that by itself is enough. Didn't notice your edit, I'll make a response to that.

DMB 1 said:
"Logic" isn't really a physical law, creating a realm without logic wouldn't really give you that either, and "manipulating logic" is a from of Chaos Manipulation.
That doesn't really explain much. So it grants Chaos Manipulation. Then what specific abilities would that entail? There's a bunch of different powersets to gain from Chaos Manipulation.

If the spell failed because they entered a world that had no logic in it, then would that possibly be a form of LM?

I agree with DMB. It is better to only use the example.

Alright, I've edited it out. I will however, be making a thread asking about logic manipulation, it's an extreamely interesting power, and I'd like to see if it has associations with other powers. I've also added him to the abstract entities category seeing as he has that power now.

DMB 1 said:
Logic Manipulation is extremely vague as power and mostly falls under either Conceptual Manipulation or Chaos Manipulation, or a bit of both.
This version kinda sounds like it could be law manipulation if it isn't physics manipulation. As it was the result of going to place with no sense of logic to it. The way the magic stopped functioning as a result of no logic kinda gives me those vibes. Kinda like Bill removing the laws of the multiverse.

Logic not existing in Discords' realm wouldn't still qualify for Law Manipulation. It would if he could remove all of the logic, not just making non-sensical things through reality warping, from any realm, not just his.

DMB 1 said:
Logic not existing in Discords' realm wouldn't still qualify for Law Manipulation. It would if he could remove all of the logic, not just making non-sensical things through reality warping, from any realm, not just his.
Fair point on everything else, but I don't think Discord's chaos is non-sensical because it is reality warping things to be weird and out the norm. Rather I think it warps reality because it has almost no logic and reasoning, the fact that a spell failed specifically because of a lack of logic supports this. Might not be LM, but I'd hesitate to boil it down to common reality warping.

Logic is of course, metaphysical. Therefore instead of "Physics" he should have "Metaphysical" or "Conceptual" Manipulation. It also depends on extent.

Manipulating something metaphysical like logic in his realm does fall under that catergory. Although I'll leave now since I have no business in this, just intrigued.

EmperorRorepme said:
[Nvm back again] It depends on extent. Is he manipulating the idea or just causing things to not make sense via chaos manipulation.
Wouldn't say he's manipulating the idea, but like stated before: His chaos caused a curse spell to fail because there was no logic, not as a result of Discord reality warping it. So I doubt it's the latter.

Back