• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Relatively speaking, which is harder to interact with, a one-dimensional entity/object (such as superstrings), a zero-dimensional entity/object (like the singularity of a black hole), or a higher-dimensional entity/object (4D, 5D, etc.)?

Depends on the verse, really.

A Zero-Dimesional Being can be interacted with by destroying the dimensional plane they exist on, while a Higher-Dimensional Being can be interacted with by destroying the dimensional plane below them, dragging them down a dimension.

Depends on the verse, really.

A Zero-Dimesional Being can be interacted with by destroying the dimensional plane they exist on, while a Higher-Dimensional Being can be interacted with by destroying the dimensional plane below them, dragging them down a dimension.
In my opinion, it appears to be more difficult for fiction verses to interact with zero-dimensional than with higher dimensions. For instance, it is more common to find characters from higher dimensions or who interact with higher dimensions than zero-dimensional characters or those who interact with zero-dimensional. I have also noticed that it is extremely rare to find characters who interact with Planck length scales (superstrings). Usually, characters are capable of affecting up to the subatomic particle level, while superstrings are addressed in very few works, especially due to operating on scales as small as the Planck length.

Well, that's my opinion. I made this post to know what others think, as I find it an interesting subject.

That's true, but something being common or not common in fiction does not technically equate to it being difficult.
Yes, true. I think it's like you mentioned at the beginning, it varies from work to work. I don't think there's a way to scientifically quantify which would be more difficult. But considering that in fiction, in general, most characters (even those from higher dimensions) can't affect something on the scale of superstrings, it gives the slight impression that the micro world ends up being more complex than the macro world, lol.

Back