• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Despicable Me discussion thread

Coolboy6

He/Him
I feel like Gru’s profile and the minion’s profile is somewhat outdated, and there are some missing profiles (Lucy, el macho, Balthazar brat). This is a thread for members to change all of that and to find some feats for the characters.

Gru’s profile page is definitely outdated. IMO Gru should have small building level durability due to tanking numerous missiles from Vector’s security system. Also a Vector profile would be awesome.

On the profile it says likely small building level durability with equipment. I think it makes no sense but I was just going off the profile. It might be referencing the suit from the 3rd movie but idk. I think I better conclusion would be “At least Small Building Level” for the durability. Would Gru’s physical AP with no weapons or equipment get upgraded to Small Building Level due to being able to harm characters whom can harm him? I know he can harm Balthazar Bratt whom can harm him.

Also I feel like Gru should have the lipstick taser added to his profile as optional equipment as electricity manipulation. There’s probably a ton of other equipment that need relooked and abilities that need to be added to his profile as well. Like the jelly guns reverse the affects of the evil minions and things like that needed to be added to his profile. Also Lucy, El Macho, Vector, Balatazar Bratt, and Dru deserve to have profiles as well.

Okay I found these feats from the Minions movie that should at the extremely very least, put 1 character way above building level. However I think some of these feats should absolutely scale to almost everyone in the Despicable Me series.

So basically all the feats happen in this video:

-At the very start of the video, Kevin (the minion) becomes a giant by accidentally turning on Scarlet Overkill’s machine. He grows and pretty much destroys her fortress by growing to his giant size.

-At 2:19 Scarlet (in her mechanical suit) begins to attack giant Kevin and is consistently shown to be on par with Kevin shown at 2:37 and at 2:53

-At 3:12 Scarlet shoots a lava blast with her lava guns blocking the minions path

-At 3:27 giant Kevin punches Scarlet through several buildings and one of those buildings collapses. Scarlet is completely fine after the fact.

-At 4:16 Scarlet attempts to launch that missile to kill Kevin and the minions. However Kevin eats the missile.

-At 4:48 Kevin grabs on and scarlet LITERALLY PULLS KEVIN ALONG WITH THEM INTO THE SKY.

-Now by far the most impressive feat, at 5:00 Kevin, Scarlet, and herb TANK THAT MISSILE EXPLODING POINT BLANK! Kevin grows back to normal after the fact and Scarlet and Herb are completely fine and have likely tanked the explosion based on their appearance At the end of the movie.

So yeah, we probably need these calculated but Gru, Dru, Vector, Lucy, El Macho, Balthazar Bratt, and their inventions should definitely scale to Scarlet Overkill and Kevin. Sorry for the long reply lol!

Bumping cuz there’s an attraction at universal studios about despicable me. And in that attraction, I noticed a pretty impressive feat
8:13
Gru is seen saving Agnes from these crushing things by pushing them back. And those things seems to crush steel which I think is very impressive for someone like Gru

The problem is that after the explosion went off, Kevin went back to regular size. And Scarlet’s armor was destroyed after the explosion
I mean you could argue that Scarlet took her suit off after the explosion and the effects of giant Kevin wore off but that’s probably pushing it a little lol. Regardless, Kevin literally ate the 7-C missile and it didn’t leave lasting on his insides so that’s it least something.

If her wedding dress was destroyed by the explosion, her durability should scale, because that means she's at least able to endure one Town level explosion before she's 'reduced' to a weaker state. Even tanking one attack without being incapacitated or greatly injured should scale to durability. Same for Giant Kevin (I don't think regular Kevin should scale to it seeing as the size increase clearly made him stronger and more durable. To the point he could fight Scarlet in her wedding dress when he was previously too scared to fight her even normally, much less in the wedding dress).

So if there were profiles for the characters, it should in theory look like:

Scarlet: Unknown | 7-C with Wedding Dress

Kevin Unknown | 7-C when Enlarged

Something like that.

As for others casually scaling off of Scarlet's feat of tanking the punch, I don't think they should. She tanked it while wearing her Wedding Dress, which was hyped up to be a very powerful gadget. Thus, I think Gadgets from characters in the Despicable Me Series could scale to it. As well as some of the Superhuman characters like El Macho. But people like Vector? No, with his tech? Sure, seems fair.

Anyways, what I really came here to say is, I calculated 3 more feats for the verse. Hope this helps some.

If her wedding dress was destroyed by the explosion, her durability should scale, because that means she's at least able to endure one Town level explosion before she's 'reduced' to a weaker state. Even tanking one attack without being incapacitated or greatly injured should scale to durability. Same for Giant Kevin (I don't think regular Kevin should scale to it seeing as the size increase clearly made him stronger and more durable. To the point he could fight Scarlet in her wedding dress when he was previously too scared to fight her even normally, much less in the wedding dress).

So if there were profiles for the characters, it should in theory look like:

Scarlet: Unknown | 7-C with Wedding Dress

Kevin Unknown | 7-C when Enlarged

Something like that.

As for others casually scaling off of Scarlet's feat of tanking the punch, I don't think they should. She tanked it while wearing her Wedding Dress, which was hyped up to be a very powerful gadget. Thus, I think Gadgets from characters in the Despicable Me Series could scale to it. As well as some of the Superhuman characters like El Macho. But people like Vector? No, with his tech? Sure, seems fair.

Anyways, what I really came here to say is, I calculated 3 more feats for the verse. Hope this helps some.
Yeah I agree with this. Although someone like Vector being Large Building Level or higher physically would be hilarious, we can’t scale everyone to large building level or higher if they don’t show to be comparable or higher than it on their own. But I’m fine with them scaling with gadgets since most inventions have been explained to be greatly improved since Scarlet Overkill’s time as a villain. Also thank you for calculating more despicable me stuff!

Yeah I agree with this. Although someone like Vector being Large Building Level or higher physically would be hilarious, we can’t scale everyone to large building level or higher if they don’t show to be comparable or higher than it on their own. But I’m fine with them scaling with gadgets since most inventions have been explained to be greatly improved since Scarlet Overkill’s time as a villain. Also thank you for calculating more despicable me stuff!
I do think I was a BIT strict on the Large Building scaling looking back at it. After all, it was an effortless feat from Kevin and Scarlet easily tanked it thanks to her suit, but we know she scales far above that. So if other characters have feats close enough to it physically, I think they scan scale to it. Gru based on the calc I did should be at least Building level for tanking several missiles and whatnot. He's clearly shown to be superhuman. So if he has other feats at that level, I would think it's alright to scale him to Large Building level. Definitely think it should be on a case-by-case basis. We also DEFINITELY need to add a lot more profiles since there's only 2 right now. With Gadgets, I agree, most have advanced greatly, so should scale to at least Scarlet's casual feats (the large building level one), especially since Gadget's usually EASILY take out people in the movies. High tier characters or gadgets (if there are any) could possibly scale to the Large Town level feat.

I do think I was a BIT strict on the Large Building scaling looking back at it. After all, it was an effortless feat from Kevin and Scarlet easily tanked it thanks to her suit, but we know she scales far above that. So if other characters have feats close enough to it physically, I think they scan scale to it. Gru based on the calc I did should be at least Building level for tanking several missiles and whatnot. He's clearly shown to be superhuman. So if he has other feats at that level, I would think it's alright to scale him to Large Building level. Definitely think it should be on a case-by-case basis. We also DEFINITELY need to add a lot more profiles since there's only 2 right now. With Gadgets, I agree, most have advanced greatly, so should scale to at least Scarlet's casual feats (the large building level one), especially since Gadget's usually EASILY take out people in the movies. High tier characters or gadgets (if there are any) could possibly scale to the Large Town level feat.
I agree with everything said! Also I think Vector should have at least athletic human durability as he flew into a electric line pole and got electrocuted and was fine. He also got crushed by a medium sized moon.

The new one I just did that I linked here:
I'll do it. Hopefully, it gets accepted, and soon.

Also, on a sidenote, does anyone want to create profiles for the other characters in the Despicable Me series? I definitely think at least all the main villains should have profiles.

The new one I just did that I linked here:

I'll do it. Hopefully, it gets accepted, and soon.

Also, on a sidenote, does anyone want to create profiles for the other characters in the Despicable Me series? I definitely think at least all the main villains should have profiles.
I can’t at the moment since my computer’s not working and stuck on mobile lol

Possibly? From what I saw, it looked like the moon destroyed the ship by expanding. He shouldn't have taken most of the force because the side would break first, and thus the top would come loose and he wouldn't need to tank be squished. But he should have somewhat superhuman durability. As stated, he tanked hitting an electric powerline, and tanked at least a little bit of resistance from the moon expanding in the ship. Wish everyone luck with how they plan to scale him with his different gadgets considering some aren't that impressive (like the Piranha or squid gun or whatever).

I might add some profiles for the verse, and I don't know who's allowed to, but I think adding keys to some characters with either special forms, suits, etc would be neat. Like a key for Gru with his black suit from Despicable Me 3. Maybe once calcs get accepted, I'll create a CRT.

Back