• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCAU profile queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier_Blue

VS Battles
Retired
I have queries regarding some profiles for the DCAU.

First is Flash.

Where does the city block level AP rating come from? I recall base Flash's best DC feat being vaporizing/atomizing two human sized constructs which would make him building level+ to large building level at best. Is there a calc or something or other justification for the city block level AP rating?

How about separating Flash's stats into "Base" and "Speed Force"? There's a big difference between the two modes in terms of both speed and AP. With Speed Force, he defeated someone who managed to knock out the other six founding members of the Justice League. This certainly warrants a rating of at least small city level does it not?

For weaknesses, we can add that extended usage of the Speed Force can be potentially fatal to him or leave him trapped in another dimension.

Which brings me to: Luthoriac

He managed to knock out six of the founding members of the Justice League including Superman and Wonder Woman. Does this warrant a small city level rating?

Final Query: Mongul

I plan on creating a profile for him. Give me your thoughts.

Tier: Low 7-B

Name:
Mongul

Origin: DC Animated Universe

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman physical charecteristics, expert strategist, skilled hand-to-hand combatant

Attack Potency: Small City level (Contended with Superma; overpowered Wonder Woma)

Speed: Hypersonic+ (can keep up with Superman and Wonder Woman in hand-to-hand combat)

Lifting Strength: Likely Class M (Comparable to Superman)

Striking Strength: Class PJ

Durability:
Small City level (Tanked hits from an enraged Wonder Woman; took a severe beating from a bloodlusted Superman and got back up)

Stamina: High (Fought against the likes of Wonder Woman for a good while and then immediately after this, went on to fight against Superman; took a severe beating from a bloodlusted Superman and then got back up)

Range: Standard melee range

Standard Equipment: Nothing notable

Intelligence: Quite high. Maintained control of War World for a long time and is a ruthless strategist and manipulator.

Weaknesses: None notable

I do not know if there are any justifications for the DCAU profiles, or if it is all guesswork. Sorry. I also do not know if this version of Flash has access to the speed force.

Antvasima said:
I do not know if there are any justifications for the DCAU profiles, or if it is all guesswork. Sorry. I also do not know if this version of Flash has access to the speed force.
The small city level and hypersonic+ stats for Superman come from this calc. This scales to Lobo, Darkseid, Draaga, Doomsday and Mongul since they can all fight evenly against him. Wonder Woman and Orion also scale since they, despite being ultimately weaker, can still contend with characters of their level for a good while.

And yes, this Flash can access Speed Force. He tapped into it during his fight against Luthoriac. But extended usage of it can be fatal or at the very least trap him in another dimension.

Okay. Then I think that this seems reasonable.

One thing though:

I have no idea where the massively hypersonic rating for base Flash comes from.

Also, using a relativistic energy calculator, DCAU Flash ends up at mountain level. I guess this is where the OBD gets their City level+ rating for DCAU Flash (they have no separate thing called mountain or large city level).

I'm going to have to ask some calc group members about this. Small city level DCAU Flash with Speed Force makes sense to me but mountain level is a whole different ball game.

I'm certainly not a math person, but I remember that we ruled out Relativistic KE due to the heavily inflated results it provided. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Reppuzan said:
I'm certainly not a math person, but I remember that we ruled out Relativistic KE due to the heavily inflated results it provided. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If I recall, our current rules state that you can't use the Kinetic Energy of a character simply moving fast unless they're under certain conditions (carrying heavy objects for one), or if they're actively using their speed to cause damage, like a tackle or plunge type attack.

@Darkanine

DCAU Flash is massively hypersonic+ only? So where does the relativistic rating come from then anyway? Am I missing something?

@Reppuzan

Got it. Thanks.

And so town level MHS+ DCAU Flash with Speed Force? Okay then.

So what about his base speed?

And his base DC/AP would have to be building level+ to large building level at best for atomizing those two artificial humans. Where did the city block level rating come from? Can someone provide some calc or other justification for that?

Also, I plan on changing the profile for Wonder Woman. Nothing much. Only a speed edit. She should get Supersonic flight speed and Hypersonic+ reflexes.

Reasons: Her flight speed is likely around the level of Captain Atom who was flat out stated to be Mach 2 and this is highly likely given that she was able to keep up with fighter jets in one episode. Hypersonic+ reflexes of course is for keeping up with an enraged Superman in hand-to-hand combat.

The Wonder Woman adjustments seem reasonable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back