• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D speed Rating

D infinite speed. and MFLT speed.

D infinite Speed
D infinite speed 2

D infinite speed 3
D infinite speed 4

This isn't hyperbole, but literally his ability to do. It should reflect the 2-C tier that other people rated him as. I don't understand why this was changed. The accurate rating should still be "Immeasurable". Though he has shown Irrelevant rating in the story but this is supposedly only for characters on 1-A and above.

Characters need to encompass more than one temporal dimension to have Immeasurable speed (Also, how can he possibly qualify for Irrelevant speed? What feat could put him on that level?). And we've been through this, it's just hyperbole. Not to mention he's only 2-C with the Akashic Records, which he didn't have when he preformed this feat.

Actually the first one he was with in the Record with Mathew.

If you read this series you have low comprehension or really have not read it just saying you have. You don't understand the meaning of hyperbole or you wouldn't keep saying that when it shows story wise it is literal,.

I would appreciate you discontinue responding to me and allow others who know better to respond. Thank you.

Infinite speed would work. Immeasurable and Irrelevant are a different ballpark, however.

You cannot cross infinite space, it's a complete logical impossibility. The only way he could cross it is if the space between them is finite, which (Assuming the text is to be taken literally [Which it shouldn't]) it is not. The only explanation is if it's hyperbole.

You cannot say I do not know better. It makes no sense for a character to cross infinite space. At that point, your speed is completely uncontrollable, you cannot move any slower, which D obviously can.

@Sheoth

Except if D's speed really is infinite, he shouldn't be able to move around slowly.

Sheoth why is this mod allow to argue a rating that is under speed on the site itself with out disciplinary action?

Also immesurable is under 2-C ability to achieve according to your rating on here....so I don't see a problem with the Rating for D.

"Immeasurable (Higher-dimensional entities beyond linear time or 3D distance, and its' concepts of speed. Meaning: Tier 2-C to 1-B.)"

While with in the record itself he is a higher dimensional being.

The other against Sigma he doesn't need the record to achieve the same feat. Again a literal story event.

@The Everlasting:

Well, as far as I'm aware, Kikuchi's writing style is somewhat vague like this, so it is likely implied that D has infinite speed. Also in many fictions, characters move FTL which is theoretically impossible, so I don't think that this is completely far fetched.

@X8Azazel8X:

Well he's just being skeptical. There's nothing wrong with that. Light Novels are of course also harder to judge in terms of power due to some authors writing style.

Sheoth said:
@The Everlasting:
Well, as far as I'm aware, Kikuchi's writing style is somewhat vague like this, so it is likely implied that D has infinite speed. Also in many fictions, characters move FTL which is theoretically impossible, so I don't think that this is completely far fetched.

@X8Azazel8X:

Well he's just being skeptical. There's nothing wrong with that. Light Novels are of course also harder to judge in terms of power due to some authors writing style.
No he's arguing wether infinite speed can even exist. If you have infinite speed then you can cross an infinite amount of space. The rating is on here...

@Sheoth:

Well, if you move at infinite speed, you technically shouldn't be able to move any slower (Since dividing from infinity still gives you infinity), which D obviously can. There's also the fact that infinite is a very common form of hyperbole.

@X8Azazel8X:

His speed is only immeasurable if he encompasses more than one temporal dimension. So unless D moves beyond 3-D perception of space-time, his speed can't he immeasurable. And, last time I checked, he's only Multi-Universe Level, which is pretty far off from being a higher-dimensional being.

EDIT: Except it took him time, and nigh-infinite speed does not exist. Besides, I'm arguing that you can't cross infinite distance, which is very different than disagreeing with the existence of infinite speed.

Except it took him time, and nigh-infinite speed does not exist. Besides, I'm arguing that you can't cross infinite distance, which is very different than disagreeing with the existence of infinite speed.

Actually it doesn't say it took him time. They had a conversation and there was a flash of light when he cut him with him saying the space should have been infinite between them.

Explain moving at infinite speed with out moving infinite distance.

@The Everlasting:

From what I'm aware about D, he can move faster or slower as he wishes. When he needs to, he simply uses or conceals his power at a whim, likely explaining why he could have infinite speed in one case, and be hypersonic another.

Except that shouldn't be possible if his speed was infinite, since you can't divide infinity without getting infinity.

Yes. But like I said, writers don't give a damn most of the time.

The Everlasting said:
Except that shouldn't be possible if his speed was infinite, since you can't divide infinity without getting infinity.
That isn't true. Those with infinite power/speed can also limit their own speed. It's being beyond the concept of reality that allows them to do so. Its not hard to understand, and is certainly not impossible with in fiction where anything is possible.

If you can do anything at infinite anything else you are beyond the concept of reality in that category.

infinite speed is almost like going at whatever speed you chose to go at as in it has no limit(of course that would have to be taken into account if said character has no teleportation abilites)

but of course this is all subjective to the notion that Infinite speed is one of the most confusing topics when coming to vs indexing or debating a characters speed since it is unquantifible unlike just slapping the immeasurable and irrelevant tags to them because of higher dimensions which imo is easier to understand than infinite speed

as for crossing infinite space is what seems iffy about it, as a matter a fact, what did D actually cross, a universe?

I just want to clarify that the reason infinite speed =/= immeasurable is because the character still bound to one temporal dimension and still needs to think in order to move.

Darkness552 said:
infinite speed is almost like going at whatever speed you chose to go at as in it has no limit(of course that would have to be taken into account if said character has no teleportation abilites)
but of course this is all subjective to the notion that Infinite speed is one of the most confusing topics when coming to vs indexing or debating a characters speed since it is unquantifible unlike just slapping the immeasurable and irrelevant tags to them because of higher dimensions which imo is easier to understand than infinite speed

as for crossing infinite space is what seems iffy about it, as a matter a fact, what did D actually cross, a universe?
No its more like he negated the concepts of reality, speed and distance didn't matter and he cut him anyway. That is what he is doing story wise regaurdless of the ratings on here which people keep trying to conform the story too.

It would be better for people to seperate their thoughts on the story and the rating it should be on here like I did in my original post.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I just want to clarify that the reason infinite speed =/= immeasurable is because the character still bound to one temporal dimension and still needs to think in order to move.
No not really. He has done attacks to negate things with out using thought before. Its the reason he was able to negate Lord Rocamble's mimic ability in the Dark Road. It's the climax to the story.

And the way he is able to cut the Sacred Ancestor who can exist on all dimensions along with the Elder God, who also exists everywhere on all dimensions means he is beyond that as well storywise. I don't know what that would be rating wise on here.

Darkness552 said:
please explain what you mean by dimensions as in temporal and space dimensions or universes
Everywhere he says. Think of your favorate place and I am there. Rei-Gensei connects to 4th dimensional space with his power. The Elder existing everywhere as stated being a god means he exists on that realm as well. He also exists on the ethereal plane with the records exists in null space as shown in Twin Shadow Knight, The dream dimensions that the Sacred Ancestor made the heart of Darkness in twin shadow knight and Sylbille Schmit made also in the Dream dimension.

Every dimension that could and would exist in a Universe basically, these are all different dimensions of reality which the god characters can exist on many of them beyond the temporal plane.

Well, given that D's page only lists instances of him moving at FTL speed othervise, infinite distance may be hyperbole, figurative, or a massive outlier. Alternately, D could simply have specific hax that counters the Akashic Record's power, given that it could not affect him othervise. However, if we take it literally, then yes, he would have infinite speed, but not "Immeasurable" or "Irrelevant".

Everywhere he says. Think of your favorate place and I am there. The Elder existing everywhere as stated being a god means he exists on that realm as well.

Elder God True Omnipresence
Sacred Ancestor and Elder God Extradimensional Omnipresent Battle field in endless infinite space

Rei-Gensei connects to 4th dimensional space with his power. .

Rei-Gensei 4th extra dimensional space

He also exists on the ethereal plane with the records exists in null space as shown in Twin Shadow Knight, The dream dimensions that the Sacred Ancestor made the heart of Darkness in twin shadow knight and Sylbille Schmit made also in the Dream dimension. Sacred Ancestor says this is where ever you want it to be meaning he exists in all spaces at once like the elder as all the other gods

D dream realm Twin Shadowed Knight
Sacred Ancestor Black Heart made of Dreams made in dream realm
Sacred Ancestor in null space with Mia Simmon aka Akashic Record aka Muma
Sacred Ancestor extradimensional space creates etradimensional dungeon

The above post has an almost unreadable layout. Can you fix it up please?

Well concluding from what ive seen he wouldn't qualify for immeasurable speed as all that is still spatial dimensions and not temporal dimensions

as for infinite speed its still questionable

Back