• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Converting Pascals into a Tier

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
I need help.

I've been reading through a story lately, and in it the durability of some of the villains is measured in Pascals. I need to figure out how to convert that to a Tier.

Don't think is possible, only way in what we can do that is look for a reference: determinate if character is stronger than x material\element, and then look for something un real life that can pierce/destroy said element. Ir the pressure is actually overpressure, it can be determinated tho.

I doubt that we can find an exact number, but that number is up to 1.9*10^33 times the pressure inside of a neutron star, any other number quantificable above that is the pressure in the bit bang or in one singularity.

I don't think you can do that. If you're using a calculator, then I don't think it's valid. You cannot convert Newtons to Energy.

That same calculator would get Wall level wolves, humans, tigers, etc, just from their biting strength. Which is absurd, of course.

@Arbitrary

Well, there is still some relationship between Newtons and Joules.

The joule (/ˈdʒuːl/), symbol J, is a derived unit of energy in the International System of Units. It is equal to the energy transferred to (or work done on) an object when a force of one newton acts on that object in the direction of its motion through a distance of one metre (1 newton metre or N. m).

And 1 Pascal is 1 Newton per square meter.

I dunno how to figure it out, tho.

Antoniofer said:
I doubt that we can find an exact number, but that number is up to 1.9*10^33 times the pressure inside of a neutron star, any other number quantificable above that is the pressure in the bit bang or in one singularity.
Can being inside a Neutron Star be calced in joules? We could muliply by it.

I asked my physics teacher this and he said there was no way to convert one to the other.

Maybe see the damage 1 pascal can do and compare that to wut the numbers the book gives and put it into a tier.( I realize wut i said makes no sense but i dont know to explain this)

1 Megapascal = 10 Atmospheric Pressures. So Leviathan's durability is 5.6245e63 of those.

I got nothing beyond that.

Determitating the energy to withstand the pressure inside the neutron star would be the same that determinate the energy to withstand at least 300*10^27 Megapascals; there's no way to calculate it.

Work = Force * Distance.

So when an object delivers a certain amount of newtons in pressure, multiply the force in newtons by the distance in meters to get work.

If there's ever a time where a character is stated to bite with 500 N, see if you can find a shot of their mouth open and measure how wide their jaw opens, or google search some animals with big mouths to use for reference. Convert that measurement into meters and multiply it by whatever newtons they can dish out with their bite.

Or if a character is stated to be capable of exherting a certain amount of newtons with their limbs, just measure their arm lengths in meters and multiply by newtons. Or just like before, if this is a novel with no pictures, just google something that you think should be comparable to it and measure that.

So if somebody exhibits a force of 10 N over a distance of 2 meters...

(10 N) (2 m) = 20 N m = 20 J.

That's what I'd suggest.

@Arbitary

The problem is that this number is literally the pressure around their "heart", and which you'd have to overcome to hurt them.

Back