• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Conditions to be mentioned as Victory/Defeat

Hi.

Recently i overlooked some profiles, and a lot of them had no victory or defeats listed. Either they never got used or nobody recognized their wins as wins and defeats as defeats.

I know that 7 people must agree more than the other group in order to put them in it. And i know that verse battles dont count since they involve all chars, the same for stomps are also not included.

But:

1. should speed-equivalent fights be mentioned?

2. should fights be mentioned who fought against previous versions of a character? (like Aang vs Part 1 Naruo for example)

3. should the fights be mentioned who got special conditions? like bloodlusted or in-character personality, or where the OP gives via verse equiv one char a advantage? (like genjutsu no working on one piece characters because of haki=super will strength, and regular genjutsu wont be able to control that)

PS: of course if they can be mentioned than the special conditions should be mentioned too.

I made a similar topic a day back and judging from the replies it got and what i have seen.

1-Yes it has to be explicitly mentioned besides the matches that the fight was with equalized speed

2-Yes the version of a character used is also mentioned,prime example would be goku's profile.

3-As far as i understand,Banning a standard and frequent ability of a character is not a valid win,just like putting itachi in a match and banning genjutsu is pretty much like putting superman in a vs match and banning super strength.Also Haki is a manifestation of will power,it has zero effect on TP resistance,TP attacks your mind and perception.

^thanks, and what is with the special conditions like bloodlust charcter or a 2 vs 1 match? Naruto vs Kakashi and Obito for example :)

would a win count if one char has knowledge of the others ability and the other doesnt?or if both have knowledge?

It all boils down to

1-Is the match fair?

2-Are we nefing something that a character frequently uses? if yes then banning it will completely change and hamper his fighting style

general idea is to pit statistically similar character in a VS match.

IF one character is stronger,make sure the stronger character is either slower or less haxxed that the weaker character so that the weaker character can off set the power and strength difference but not enough to just lolhax or lolblitz the stronger character.If the speed gap is large but the haxxes and stats are similar then the speed equal matches are valid.conditions like bloodlust and prep are very hard to judge,that's why in standard battle assumptions the matches are in character but the combatants are looking to kill the opponent.simply put quite a few characters in fiction are no non sense killing machines rage machines(some are tho) so when we know nothing about a character how he/she is gonna react under a bloodlust,i quite simply avoid responding to or making bloodlusted matches since it requires too many assumptions and unknown variables,same with prep,you can't judge "prep" and it's effectiveness,prep is prep in fiction,it's either successful or it's not,it doesn't go from 1-10.But some people do make interesting matches,the general Idea is to keep the match "fair" without taking away the character or the powers and abilites of the combatants.

Atleast according to me,most people should use standard battle assumptions as,well,standard.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Standard_Battle_Assumptions

^i understand the fair match idea, but some fights still dont get themselfes mentioned, and 2 vs 1 matches (granted, i dont really think tey are super interesting either) also wont get mentioned almost all of the time despite them being usually fair enough to be accepted :/

still, thanks ^_^

Back