• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Commander Shepard vs Deathstroke (Arkham) 7-0-0

Well I'm trying to get more matches for Mass Effect and figured this might work, so here we go.
  • Speed is equalised.
  • Soldier Shepard is being used
  • Shepard's 8-B barriers and weapons are restricted
  • Fight takes place in streets of New York. Both are 50 meters apart and start with no line of sight
  • SBA Otherwise
I should go: 7

When a man earns my respect: 0

Incon: 0

Last edited:
That's a fair point, I've updated the OP to make the start hopefully a bit more viable if that helps

Looks like Deathstroke has a pretty significant advantage in this scenario with his greater stealth abilities. I can't remember if Shepard has any decent feats of countering stealth

I'll try and sift through the series, do recall he countered Kai Leng trying to backstab them after their final fight in 3 if that helps. Plus there was those damn phantoms in 3 too.

EDIT: If it helps Shepard's N7 Helmet (Which I assume he'd be wearing under SBA has this flavour text said about it in 2)

"Dual layer of fabric armor and kinetic padding within a lightweight ablative ceramic shell. Comes standard with a suite of communication, navigation, and battlefield awareness software." That probably makes the radar that you get in the series more or less canon I guess, don't suppose that'd help pick up DS?

Last edited:
Yeah unless Deathstroke has stealth feats against radar or scales to people who do (probably)
How good is Shepard's armor's durability?

Shepard's armor is good enough to take several blows from the shadow broker, Shepard is superior to the likes of Wrex and Drack. The latter performs this feat pretty casually as in just by running.

Upscales from 45kg of TNT but evidently not vastly, so idk why his AP is listed as "at least 9-A". He's likely somewhere around 2x or less the AP of Shepard assuming the high end of 39kg is used, so Shepard's armor can likely withstand a few opening stealth shots from Deathstroke.

Hmmm that is a bit odd, tbf he's usually tougher than Bats I guess. Guess this will start off as them probing around from a distance trying to get a bead on the other. Shepard could use Concussive Shot to try and floor DS if that helps I guess, plus he has better skill than Garrus who was able to snipe mercs for over an entire day straight if that helps.

My guess is Deathstroke gets off the first few shots but fails to kill Shepard with them, then eventually Shepard's gonna floor Deathstroke with a Concussive Shot and most likely close the distance and finish him off with an Adrenaline Rush blitz. Deathstroke winning isn't completely unfeasible, especially if Shepard gets too close and doesn't activate Adrenaline Rush at the right time, but I'm leaning toward Shepard winning the majority of the time.

Who has better experience between the two? I feel like Deathstroke would underestimate Shephard and the fight would follow Sheev's scenario so I'm leaning on Shephard

Deathstroke has decades of experience and is stronger than Talia's elite guards, who are stated to be able to fodder 100 mooks. Shepard has far better skill than Garrus Vakarian, a Turian who's race demands them to undergo military training at the age of 15 and who spent an entire day with little to no pauses fighting 3 mercenary groups and freelancers and fodderised them and even blew up a gunship with the fight stated to be a stomp in his favour.

I'd argue that DS is likely better in cqc while Shepard is better at gunplay, its worth mentioning though that Shepard can defeat Kai Leng in melee. Leng was able to kill a weakened Thane Krios, an assassin that was skilled in developing ways of assassinating different races in close combat who had trained since the age of 6 and did his first hit at the age of 12. with him only losing to Leng due to being terminally ill.

Last edited:
Back