• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Comics MLP?

The Comics are of questionable canon but why don't they have seperate profiles?

Just for an example, we have a profile on the Q prophet from IDW's Star Trek, so why not IDW MLP having profiles?

I've mentioned it before, but here's my stance on it.

• Noteworhy IDW original characters like Corrupted Stygian, Bookworm, Shadowfrights, King Longhorn, Shadow Lock or even Tealove may be able to get their own profiles. Other noteworthy but featless characters like Bittersweet, Jim, the Abyssinian monarchy, etc should not.
  • Noteworthy characters from the cartoon that have enough differences in IDW comics should be fair game. For example, Twilight Sparkle, Discord, Queen Chrysalis, Spike and even Ocellus all have unique forms only in the comics, while Twilight and Discord have unique powers only found in the comics.
    • Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Rarity are iffy.
  • Characters who are stronger in the comics but are otherwise the same, like Applejack, Fluttershy and the vast majority of everyone else, should not.

There are some cases where some comic characters have appeared in all forms of media but the cartoon, which is weird. Sweetcream Scoops, a recurring and extremely thirsty unicorn appears in the background of several comics, often making promiscuous gestures towards Big Mac or...Winona, has appeared in a canonical novel and I think the mobile game.

The Abyssinian monarchy has also appeared in the mobile game and were mentioned in the Tails of Equestria series (albeit, titled the "cat lords" instead). Other comic exclusive characters and events have been mentioned in the mobile game and books too, like the sacking of Panthera and *sigh* Sombra's redemption.

So...idk. I guess IDW continuity would extend to those too.

Edit: Queen Chrysalis's comic only backstory was also mentioned in "Tails of Equestria: The Bestiary of Equestria" too, so even more consistency.

So from what I remember Shadowlock has some possible 4-A stuff and Discord as we all know has loads of that shit under his belt

Twilight, the Princesses Ect should probably scale to the former at least

Celestia has a Class M strength feat, and Pinkie Pie has a 4-C feat with wishing magic (moved the sun closer to earth).

Big Boy and Runt (minor recurring character) also have Tier 7 feats, creating and manipulating a storm over all of Ponyville, which Rainbow Dash busted. Should scale to lower tiered characters.

Mullet has a casual High Hypersonic feat (dodging Abyss's lightning) and everyone in Ponyville kept up with the Shadowfrights, who have casual MHS+ feats (flying to earth insanely fast). Scaling it to Snip, Snails, Tiara and Twist is obviously to much, but it should scale to the Wonderbolts, Lightning Dust (who was also at the battle) and most adult ponies.

Oh, and Pegasus!Celestia flew from Western Equestria to Ponyville in at most a few hours. Pretty decent speed feat for lower tiered characters.

Nightmare Forces are Shadowfights, I think they call them Shadowfrights at some point.

Or maybe I made that up. I honestly can't tell because I can't remember if they ever mentioned them by name. Maybe Luna's FIENDShip issue has more info.

Not sure if Celestia and Luna are different enough for profiles but Celestia has a really good mind hax resistance feat in that fiendship issue

Though it honestly makes me wonder if we can count Tails of Equestria as canon to the IDW comics. The writers for those books made sure to make them very consistent with the show and comics. The events of My Little Pirate are briefly mentioned with Captain Hoofbeard appearing in Bestiary of Equestria, they directly mention Abyssinia and its rulers, as well as as mentioning its capital city of Panthera, which only appeared in the comics and they even briefly touched on Queen Chrysalis's backstory, which AFAIK was only in the comics.

If we do consider the books canon to IDW, there's not much additions but a few noteworthy ones. Most notably is Discord having Plot Manipulation for manipulating his page in the book.

Back