• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole's 'supersonic' movement speed

Thank you! Now then, remember that one tiny time when Bertrand was in a getaway car? "So long, Macgrath!" Bertrand said as he drove off with Cole running for him. Well, that's just HILARIOUS. Now, why would I say that? Welp, a guy who can move at supersonic speed seems very very impressive...till he's pathetic when he can't even out run a car that was even waiting for him by foot. "Huff. Huff. I can't catch him by foot, I'll have to stay at higher ground." Cole said as ge panted his way to the cables, trying to outrun Bertrand with shortcuts on the rooftop. Now tell me, why in the hell would he be able to move at supersonic speed 'without' the cables and couldn't outrun a car?

Yamatohime said:
That's one nice discussion. =)
@Yama Ain't it so

@Adsg There's a difference between movement speed and combat speed. And it does refer to Cole actually moving his arms in tandem to the speed of the rocket. I won't debate anything else but even without that movement speed it's more than enough to take out Alex. After all lightning is lightning

And here I thought I almost respect you

Also that might be sarcasm

So what does that mean? Even though he was actually seen grinding on the railway tracks BEFORE getting to the scene where he redirected the rocket? And plus you brought down Alex's momentumn without ANY clear evidence of him being hit at with rockets 'all the time'. Either you didn't move when the bullets, tankshells and rockets started flying in the game or you just simply ran towards the gunner at a high difficulty. Do you honestly think that the game would be wanted to be that easy to go through? A game with character speed even the AI couldn't handle with just human reaction speed? There will always be a balance between easiness and challenges(except for those that are like Dark Souls)

Basically, Cole could at least move his body out of the way fast enough to dodge or counter with an attack.

You realize that as fun as Prototype is, it's also one of the easiest games to beat? Until the difficulty spike where you get hit by rockets all the time and giant slow monsters. The game is literally made for you to feel like a god, and you do.

Of course the statement from Antvasima is probably the reason why I began to believe even more that Alex really is not supersonic. He seems to find my arguments more reasonable

And sides, there are literal teleporters and being who can turn to photon in Infamous so it's not really that big of a deal

Back