• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cid’s speed Calc

Can't say anything about the math, but in terms of narrative, MHS+ doesn't contradict anything.

Cid has been Subsonic since he was 6 years old

As he talks, the boy picks up his sister’s dropped sword.

“I ain’t got a clue what to make of this kid. But hey, whatever. This time, I’ll make sure I—”

The man’s voice suddenly cuts off.

“Cough—bluh!”

He clutches his throat and launches into a coughing fit, hacking up blood.

“Huh…? Why’re you guys so weak?”

Fresh blood drips from the child’s sword.

The man whose throat got sliced collapses.

“Wh-who the hell is this kid—?!”

The bandits, who watched it all play out, draw their swords in unison.

“I couldn’t see his slash! This ain’t no normal kid!”-Volume 3, Auxillary Chapter

Characters in this series use magic to boost themselves

That means my next mission is to become strong enough to beat weapons of mass destruction. After extensive research and training, I found one potential solution, which I’ve been incorporating into my daily experiments.

Oh yeah. And it seems I’ve been born into a noble family. For generations, members of this family have trained to become dark knights, who use magic to power up and slay enemies in battle. And as my family’s rising star of a son (…NOT), I’m living my days as your average apprentice. After all, shadowbrokers need to be extremely selective about when, where, and to whom they reveal their powers. Yeah…I’ll lie in wait until then.-Volume 1, Prologue

Grease uses magic to move fast

“You’ve been expecting me…,” he assumes.

He’s super-jacked, and his eyes have a crimson glow for some reason or another. He looks…really friggin’ cool. I can imagine him shooting laser beams with his eyes.

“But if it’s just you, this should be a breeze,” he remarks with a twisted smile on his face.

Then he vanishes—well, more like moves fast enough that an average person would’ve thought he disappeared.

But I parry his attack with one hand. As long as I can spot the course of the attack, I’m not scared by the velocity of the assault. Even power is all about how you use it.

“Nnr!” he yelps.

I push him away in the shoulder and retreat.

His magic is incredible—much stronger than Alpha, if I’m being honest. But his command over it is dismal, unfortunately. He’s nothing but a dope jacked with magic.-Volume 1, Chapter 1

Cid thinks he isn't using his magic right, then uses the smallest amount of his magic move fast

Let’s teach him a lesson…about the right way to use magic.

“Lesson one.”

I wield my slime sword and walk forward—one step, two steps, three.

On that last one, he takes a swing at me, which means I’m in his fighting range and is my cue to speed up. I take the tiniest quantity of magic possible, focus it in my feet, compress, and then release it in one shot. That’s all there is to it, and you can create an explosive impact with the smallest magical force.-Volume 1, Chapter 1

So more magic doesn't necessarily mean you are faster than your opponent, but clearly all things being equal, like knowing how to use your magic, it would mean you are faster

Cid is constantly training his magic

“Hey, hey. She might scout me for Student Council.”

“Yup.”

“Hey, hey, hey. Being on the council would bug me. I’d hate it.”

“Yup.”

This is how we pass the time. Then, out of nowhere, my magic feels off.

“Huh?

“What is this?”

I’m constantly training by manipulating magic particles in my body, but now it feels like I can’t contain them anymore. Something is blocking my magic flow. I’ll probably have to pry it open or make the magic particles even smaller to permeate the barrier.-Volume 1, Chapter 6

In short MHS+ wouldn't be a problem within the story. I am curious what the results this will give when its animated, could be good, but guess we will see

Shadow and Beatrix silently gauge the distance between themselves as they square off.

A violent thunderclap underscores the commencement of their battle.

Shadow stretches out his obsidian katana to match Beatrix’s longsword.

He slashes.

His black blade cleaves through the air.

The rain parts.

For a brief instant, a trail of empty, rainless air follows in his sword’s wake.

He misses.

“Oh…?”

Beatrix reacts instantly by taking a half step back to dodge Shadow’s strike.

Then, she counters. Her deadly thrust bears down on Shadow.

Beneath his mask, Shadow grins.

He evades the attack by leaning to the side, then swings his sword as he pulls back upright.

But she recovers quickly, too.

As she retracts her longsword, she stoops low to avoid Shadow’s blow.

Then, she counters once more.

The only thing either of them hits is the rain.

Slashes fly through the air, each rending a path through the downpour.

The droplets spread in little splashes as they’re sliced aside, casting beautiful streaks as the lightning illuminates them.-Volume 2, Final Chapter

The calcs don't contradict each other, it's just that the faster one would take precedence. I haven't looked at the pixel scaling super closely though, so maybe one is better than the other in that regard but it's a small change.

Back