• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't think Sonic can overcome Cell's regen, but with stuff like Chaos Control and magic hands he should be able to BFR or Incap Cell (IT also doesn't work across universes so Cell can't just teleport back)

But Cell having such a distadvantage in AP, I don't really see what he could do to Sonic who is stronger, can become faster and has way more hax

Sonic might stomp actually

Sonic:
  • 6.2249x AP advantage
  • Superior physical Lifting Strength (Class M vs Unknown. Sonic isn't really one to initiate a grapple though and doesn't really go for grapples in combat)
  • 4x higher reaction speed to his Travel/Combat Speed, In-character 4x speed amps (Spin Dash/Homing Attack, Super Peel Out)
  • Superior stamina, surprisingly (While both are Superhuman, Sonic has shown the capacity for adventuring 3 days straight while fighting mechas, thrashing Badniks, and running nonstop all the while in Sonic Heroes).
  • Comparable, if not superior outright, in terms of skill (Both scale to "supercomputer"-like statements, though I would argue Emerl's skill and showings are just a bit more impressive)
  • Chaos Control, which Cell would have no answer to.

Cell:
  • Low-High Regeneration (Will be pivotal in keeping Cell alive due to Sonic typically using hax as a last resort or when nothing else is working. Taking visible damage from Sonic will keep Sonic in CQC for a while, though any blatant showings of Regeneration will alert Sonic that normal attacks likely won't work).
  • Superior telekinetic Lifting Strength (Class G vs Class M. This is also prior to meeting Silver, so Cell attempting to telekinetically grab Sonic would be more of a surprise. This can be countered by Chaos Control's teleportation)
  • Dragon Team's DNA (As a pseudo-composite of the Z Fighters, Cell has access to all of their abilities and skills. This allows for a large variety of techniques and combat styles, diversifying Cell's moveset).
  • Zenkai Boosts (Due to Sonic's AP advantage and his own Regen, Cell should have an easier time abusing Zenkais. However, this is countered directly by Sonic's Accelerated Development.
As Gilad stated, Sonic has basically no way of overcoming Cell's Regen by his typical means of combat. But considering Sonic and Cell are in the same ballpark of skill, and Sonic holds the advantage in both agility/mobility in terms of applying it to combat, I think he'd have enough of an opportunity to realize he's not gonna be able to put Cell down by normal means.
Sonic might stomp actually
In fairness, Sonic wouldn't immediately go for that and Cell does have several methods of incapacitating and killing Sonic as well. Do you really think Cell couldn't at least try something like the Multi-Form Technique to put up more of a fight if things get that desperate? (Not asking sarcastically)

Sonic:
  • 6.2249x AP advantage
  • Superior physical Lifting Strength (Class M vs Unknown. Sonic isn't really one to initiate a grapple though and doesn't really go for grapples in combat)
  • 4x higher reaction speed to his Travel/Combat Speed, In-character 4x speed amps (Spin Dash/Homing Attack, Super Peel Out)
  • Superior stamina, surprisingly (While both are Superhuman, Sonic has shown the capacity for adventuring 3 days straight while fighting mechas, thrashing Badniks, and running nonstop all the while in Sonic Heroes).
  • Comparable, if not superior outright, in terms of skill (Both scale to "supercomputer"-like statements, though I would argue Emerl's skill and showings are just a bit more impressive)

Cell:
  • Low-High Regeneration (Will be pivotal in keeping Cell alive due to Sonic typically using hax as a last resort or when nothing else is working. Taking visible damage from Sonic will keep Sonic in CQC for a while, though any blatant showings of Regeneration will alert Sonic that normal attacks likely won't work).
  • Superior telekinetic Lifting Strength (Class G vs Class M. This is also prior to meeting Silver, so Cell attempting to telekinetically grab Sonic would be more of a surprise. This can be countered by Chaos Control's teleportation)
  • Dragon Team's DNA (As a pseudo-composite of the Z Fighters, Cell has access to all of their abilities and skills. This allows for a large variety of techniques and combat styles, diversifying Cell's moveset).
  • Zenkai Boosts (Due to Sonic's AP advantage and his own Regen, Cell should have an easier time abusing Zenkais. However, this is countered directly by Sonic's Accelerated Development.
As Gilad stated, Sonic has basically no way of overcoming Cell's Regen by his typical means of combat. But considering Sonic and Cell are in the same ballpark of skill, and Sonic holds the advantage in both agility/mobility in terms of applying it to combat, I think he'd have enough of an opportunity to realize he's not gonna be able to put Cell down by normal means.

In fairness, Sonic wouldn't immediately go for that and Cell does have several methods of incapacitating and killing Sonic as well. Do you really think Cell couldn't at least try something like the Multi-Form Technique to put up more of a fight if things get that desperate? (Not asking sarcastically)
Honestly, I think cells accelerated development gives him the edge, he not only has the DNA of goku and co, but FRIEZA.
Frieza went from star level to multiversal just by using one of his minions as a punching bag for 4 months.

I was gonna post smthn about how Extreme Gear can ride on rainbows as some sub-cellular interaction until I remembered it was Pre-Ultimate

Do you really think Cell couldn't at least try something like the Multi-Form Technique to put up more of a fight if things get that desperate? (Not asking sarcastically)
MF just makes him weaker.

Honestly, I think cells accelerated development gives him the edge, he not only has the DNA of goku and co, but FRIEZA.
Frieza went from star level to multiversal just by using one of his minions as a punching bag for 4 months.
The "becoming Tier 2 in four months" feat doesn't seem applicable mid-combat. Cell's gains via Zenkais aren't nearly that massive.

The "becoming Tier 2 in four months" feat doesn't seem applicable mid-combat. Cell's gains via Zenkais aren't nearly that massive.
the zenkai boost may seem small at first glance, until you remember the context.

He was at his semi-perfect state, and after blowing up, should have reverted to imperfect, as he lost 17.

Though not only does he go back to his perfect state, he becomes even stronger than before.

Yes, but like, Sonic can't overcome Cell's regen without these haxes and Cell can't do anything to Sonic because of the big AP difference, so eventually Sonic might use the magic hands if all else fail

Sonic:
  • 6.2249x AP advantage

Cell:

This is Manga canon Cell, so he shouldn't have multiform like his Toei self? He does have special beam cannon, spirit bomb (though Sonic wouldn't obviously let him charge it up and no one would even give cell enough energy to form it)

If he does, then I feel a CRT should be made, cause a lot of Cell's varied abilities comes more so from anime rather than manga DB. Did he use multiform in manga cause I watched the manga chapters from YT start to finish and I don't think Manga Cell ever used multiform.

Manga Cell doesn't seem to have multiform listed anywhere on his page
He has all of the Dragon Team's techniques from prior to the Cell Saga. This also includes Tien, whose technique he used (the Solar Flare)

Therefore, it stands that he can use the Multi-Form Technique as well

But that negative of that outweighs the positive, that being the fact that it'll cut down on his power, which is already significantly lower than Sonic's

Sonic has some crazy advantages here

Back