• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cal puts Zelda against Pokemon

A god vs a warrior eh?

Good lord Omastar has a shitty movepool. Though even then, it's better than Odalwa's and has Stat Amp that will soon make quick work of him.

(inhales deeply) Alright, here we go. First off, Omastar has both Shell Smash and Rock Polish, allowing it to boost it's speed and blitz Odolwa. It also has access to Hazard moves such as Spikes and Toxic Spikes, meaning that with every step Odolwa takes, he's hurting himself, and Omastar can also use Sandstorm and Haze to hide itself from Odolwa's gaze, with the former being able to deal damage to Odolwa over time.

And on Odolwa's side, his Fire Manipulation will basically do zilch to Omastar thanks to its Rock/Water typing, although its Water Manipulation could deal decent damage. And while he can summon a bunch of little monsters to help him, they are nowhere near as strong as he is, and Omastar can likely deal with them quickly using moves like AncientPower. And thanks to Rock Slide, Omastar does have a very feasible way of hitting the eye in the back of Odolwa's head, if Link dropping a Deku Nut from overhead on it has any merit to this.

So, overall, Omastar's superior moveset allows him to overcome a lot of Odolwa's attack strategies, as well as hit him pretty easily in his weak spot. So, I suppose Woodfall's poisoned water is about to get cleared up pretty soon.

Winner: Omastar

...uhh, something I should point out?

Apparently, the Majora's Mask bosses are sitting at ~500 gigatons via Gyorg, and since Gyorg is fought later on beyond Odolwa in a game where there's a clear natural progression of strength that seems to mean Odolwa is somewhat below that to an unknown extent. Really, only Twinmold is "possibly" Large Island level+. ...my bad.

That said, even early on Link is a good deal more skilled than any Omastar, I'd think, and Odolwa seems to be able to keep up with that, so I'd say Odolwa is the more skilled combatant...

Though, Omastar is probably far more maneuverable (ironically), given its far higher general (non-combat/reaction) speed, and has more AP/Dura and a slightly better movepool... which should be enough to take the win, high-difficulty-

One important thing, though. The whole premise of the first fourth of Majora's Mask was that Odolwa being in the Deku marsh had corrupted the whole place's waters with its miasma of death or whatever, and it resulted in it being wholly unlivable for aquatic life.

...Standard Battle Assumptions in place, wouldn't both combatants start out where they're strongest? I.e. in a body of water, since Omastar is a Water pokemon based directly on an aquatic lifeform and Odolwa doesn't care either way? If so, I imagine that miasma would re-generate itself in all of the water surrounding Omastar, and it probably isn't intelligent enough to figure out what exactly is happening to its environment before it keels over and dies by virtue of Odolwa standing there and not getting gibbed within a few seconds.

Inconclusive, I guess, since it really depends a lot on the specifics of how they run into one another.

ThePerpetual said:
...Standard Battle Assumptions in place, wouldn't both combatants start out where they're strongest? I.e. in a body of water, since Omastar is a Water pokemon based directly on an aquatic lifeform and Odolwa doesn't care either way? If so, I imagine that miasma would re-generate itself in all of the water surrounding Omastar, and it probably isn't intelligent enough to figure out what exactly is happening to its environment before it keels over and dies by virtue of Odolwa standing there and not getting gibbed within a few seconds.
No. SBA says that they fight in Central Park, New York City.

...well, that's new. Last I checked, the conditions for leaving the "default" of Central Park weren't as strict... it was just wherever a character would be at their maximum potential, so long as it wasn't an entirely seperate key or some such.

True, which means that there's no water for Omastar to be in for Odolwa to corrupt. This is also why I mentioned Spikes and Toxic Spikes as an option for Omastar, since being in water doesn't really help with these moves. While I will agree that Odolwa is likely more skilled than Omastar, he just can't keep up with Omaster's movepool and speed.

Back