• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Born to Kill: Cammy White vs. Shang-Chi (0-7-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Former assassins trained to be the ultimate killing machines by a shadowey organization hellbent for world domination, which they defect to be MI-6 agents to protect the world. Match-up's obvious.

Cammy White vs. Shang-Chi

SF3-SF5 Cammy and Modern Shang used, speed equalized, and completely in-character. Battle takes place inside the Jockey Club Innovation Tower.

Cammy's 0.1 tons, and Shang downscales from 0.3 tons.

AlphaCammy.png
Shang-Chi_CC_MC_TR.png

Last edited:
This is a strangely even match up, at least at first glance.

Shang Chi's got the AP advantage, both can boost themselves with Chi and Cammy has Damage Boost to somewhat make up, but that's situational.

Cammy can sense Chi levels, so she's going to know that Shang is stronger than her, and will probably fight accordingly.

Cammy's got the speed advantage with Delta Drive, although it doesn't last forever and boosts her by an unknown margin.

LS wise Shang Chi's superior, but I think the difference isn't that much to negate Cammy's focus throws and joints, but I will get more info from calc people.

Shang could have the experience advantage, I think, given his place as a comic book character, and knowing so many martial arts will do him good.
On the other hand Cammy has her own amount of experience, even against assassins and kung fu masters, and uses a unique fighting style that, I believe, will result totally new to Shang.

The location gives both a variety of options, but if they were ever to be thrown outside, Cammy has ways to maneuver herself through the air and even briefly stick onto surfaces, while it seems Shang lacks ways to save himself from a freefall.
More details on his acrobatics would be useful, because a good part of Cammy's strategy is launching the opponent in the air and storm them with flying attacks, and Shang might be unable to counter them.
Also, Cammy could maybe exploit the environment thanks to her stealth mastery, which is very good and above that of many other professional and supernatural assassins in her world, but I don't know if it could work on Shang.

Does Shang have experience against flying characters or such? Because Cammy jumps, dashes and shoots herself all over the battlefield, attacking from the air or across thr the ground, and Shang might have troubles facing such an unorthodox form of combat, although I guess his enhanced senses could help.

Quick update for the records after a talk with Impress on Discord.

Shang can probably way-of-the-spider dodge Cammy all day, and holds a big advantage with his AP, experience, senses, pressure points and likely higher skill.

Cammy on her side has greater mobility, since she borderlines flight and surface scaling, the possibility to exploit the environment for ambush attacks and greater LS (once the CRT goes through), which I believe would be her wincon alongside her speed boost.
This because she makes great use of holds, counters and takedowns (see her throws and supers), which, if they were to land, would result in Shang being locked and with a limb broken or some serious neck damage.
To do this Cammy would have the exploit her speed boost, which I also think could likely trump Shang's instinct and catch him off guard, since I believe he wouldn't expect his opponent to suddenly become faster.

That said, I think I'd probably vote either Shang or inconclusive.

Personally I think Shang would still win since Cammy needs every single one of her ambushes to be uninterrupted and ideal to win, which by probability seems unlikely.

Shang just has a higher likelihood to win imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back