• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boo Saga characters being updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

FanofRPGs

VS Battles
Retired
First of all there is a pattern where characters significantly increase in power in the next saga on a logarithmic/nonlinear scale

The BP Gap between Raditz and Piccolo Jr. Saga is not that big, but it went from being island level to moon level+. Same with the Freeza to Cell Saga, they went from being large planet pevel+ to Sun level. So it is possible the same would happen from the Cell to Boo Saga.

Dragon Ball Z Kai was stated to be official/canon by Torishima, it is also used as flashback footage for Dragon Ball Super. Here is the page which shows feats from Dragon Ball Z Kai

Boo: The galaxy feat happened in Dragon Ball Z Kai, he would have at one point had to destroy something that is large star level if he was not solar system busting. As Boohan he would be much faster than Goku, who is already well into the Relativistic+ range and is probably FTL.

Gotenks: Goku said Pre-RoSaT SSJ Gotenks was similar in power to SSJ3 Goku. Post RoSaT Gotenks is far more powerful than he originally was. So assuming he = SSJ3 Goku. He would be FTL and Large Star Level as a SSJ3.

Veggeto: In Dragon Ball Z Kai, base Veggeto blitzed Boohan. Which would mean he would be FTL as a SSJ

Son Gohan: Chou Gohan > SSJ3 Gotenks, which would mean he would be FTL also

if Kai was not stated to be canon by Akira Toryiama, i don't think it should be considered canon

Darkness552 said:
if Kai was not stated to be canon by Akira Toryiama, i don't think it should be considered cano
Torishima said it was canon, Kazuhiko Torishima is Akira Toriyama's main editor and he said DBZ Kai was made to be completely faifthul and official to the manga. Plus DBZ Kai footage was used for Dragon Ball Super, which is obviously canon.

also two more issues

1. if its canon link me to all the feats that you linked me to, but instead of the dbz kai, i want it from the manga itself

2. Large Star Level is way above regular Star level if you didn't know

That one statement doesn't necessarilly mean it is all canon. Using very few filler scenes and stating that "they stayed faithful" isn't grounds for upgrading the entire verse.

As for the Super Anime, that is likely because Kai is of much greater quality than the old anime was. He even said himself that he was proud of the finished cleaned up product, so it makes sense for them to use it instead.

Darkness552 said:
also two more issues
1. if its canon link me to all the feats that you linked me to, but instead of the dbz kai, i want it from the manga itself

2. Large Star Level is way above regular Star level if you didn't know
1. The point is that the filler kept in Kai is now canon, thus they have equal or similar standing to manga feats. It is not like Base Veggeto could not stomp Boohan in the manga, he just chose to play it safe and go SSJ. In the Manga it was stated Boo has destroyed many stars and planets, I doubt he only destroy sun sized+ stars, he would have had to destroy a large star at one point

2. Not really. The energy needed to destroy the Sun is 54.5366885 Septillion Megatons of TNT, while the GBE of Rigel is 350 Septillion Megatons of TNT, that is only a 7x gap. A gap SSJ3 Gotenks could have easily pased

1. yep that makes it dubious canon and as such we dont accept dubious canon as anyone could easily said what you said to make the first DB anime canon

so no we are not accepting this especially since it contradicts what happens in the manga

it doesnt really contradict the manga, but it adds some stuff, and u guys can decide what to include from the extra stuff

a manga contradiction wud have been the case if buu was barely capable of busting a star, and in kai they showed him destroy a galaxy over some time

but buu was never capped at a level in the manga to begin with

all i want to say is that kai doesnt contradict the manga, but adds some stuff to it (which dont contradict levels of power, but are new to the dragon ball manga story)

if im correct didn't base Veggeto face off against Buuhan in the DB kai... if so than yeah we are not accepting it

also adding things also gives it more reason not to be canon

As much as I would love these updgrades, we can't give them due to the lack of evidence and proper reasoning.

The Wandering Shepherd said:
About Gotenks speed, I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOPFEYN_E8What do you think guys?
There are many problems here:

1) In the anime the scene takes some seconds, while in the manga its only 1 square, this is pretty story driven and not supposed to be a showcase of his speed, all they want to say here is : Hes fast.

2) We don´t know how much of his strength he was using to fly, since he´s not fatigued, he could probably fly many times fasterand since that was SSJ1, yes, as the further transformation he probably broke light speed barrier many times over, but thats just assumption.

3)Also theres a discrepancy in his fusion time, it is supposed to hold for 30 min, while it vanishes way too fast before he even starts to fight Buu, would that be an evidence that he took some minutes to do the world travelling feat? We dont know.

Im not saying he´s not capable of being FTL, he probably is many times FTL, the problem here is that this is all assumption, we dont know the time gap, we dont know how much he used,

I am quit certian buu saga characters are soler system+,it's a pity they never displayed feats to back up their implied powerlevel.

Zeref10 said:
I am quit certian buu saga characters are soler system+,it's a pity they never displayed feats to back up their implied powerlevel.
Well, if you remember Frieza 1st form wiped Vegeta planet with ease and his final form is over 200 times stronger than his 1st and super saiyan 1 is stronger than his,the androids are way stronger than ssj1 and cell is way stronger that ssj1 and ssj2 is way stronger than cell, and everything in buu saga is a lot above that so yea, pretty easy to assume buu saga characters are solar system +

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back