• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blizzard of Hell Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
As some of you may know, Fubuki is currently rated at "likely 8-A", which is significantly lower than most of the other main heroes in the series. This is primarily due to her likely being capable of taking on Hammerhead, who is a B Class criminal. However, this rating doesn't due Fubuki justice, as while she's not on the same level as her sister, she's easily among the most powerful heroes in the series.

In this chapterof the webcomic, Bang, Bomb, Genos, and Fubuki battle Overgrown Rover when attempting to make their way into the Monster Association base. During this brief fight, the heroes prove to be no match for the monster. Bang and Bomb even use a more powerful version of their combination attack (the one which brought pre-monster Garou to near death), and still can't even scratch Overgrown Rover. After all, this is the same monster who survived being stomped on by Saitama and was only briefly incapacitated.

Now for the important part. During the fight, Rover launches an attack at Genos, which Fubuki reflects. While it heavily injures her, she does note that had the attack hit Genos, he would have been completely destroyed. The fact Fubuki was even able to survive this is a testament to her psychic power. Not to mention she later fights against Psykos, who is also considered to be a Dragon level threat. Because of this, I think it's fair to upgrade Fubuki to 7-B, putting her in the same league as guys like Genos and Bang.

You should note that deflecting Overgrown Rover's blast is her upper limit

She even comments that she likely wouldn't be able to save Genos a second time

ChaosTheory123 said:
You should note that deflecting Overgrown Rover's blast is her upper limit
She even comments that she likely wouldn't be able to save Genos a second time
Oh yes it's obviously the most she can do. However, the important part is that nobody else in the party could have tanked one of its attacks.

I don't agree with this.

Fubuki is not powerful. She is not on the level of Genos in destructive ability at all and this is shown several times in the series, such as when she can barely see Genos moving during his fight against Sonic (Murata) or when she was utterly destroyed by the Demonic Fan (a demon level).

The reason she CAN contend with Psykos (a dragon level) and Rover is because she is one of the most skilled characters in the series. She doesn't fight Psykos by overpowering her or matching her; she fights Psykos by diverting her attacks or adding special properties to her own that change the situation to her own favor. I assume this type of skill is why she could even think of redirecting Rover's attack.

Alakabamm said:
I don't agree with this.
Fubuki is not powerful. She is not on the level of Genos in destructive ability at all and this is shown several times in the series, such as when she can barely see Genos moving during his fight against Sonic (Murata) or when she was utterly destroyed by the Demonic Fan (a demon level).

The reason she CAN contend with Psykos (a dragon level) and Rover is because she is one of the most skilled characters in the series. She doesn't fight Psykos by overpowering her or matching her; she fights Psykos by diverting her attacks or adding special properties to her own that change the situation to her own favor. I assume this type of skill is why she could even think of redirecting Rover's attack.
The fight with Demonic Fan was only in the manga, and is contradicted by later showings from the webcomic, meaning "she likely got stronger" will probably just be what they go with for that scene in the manga.

Also, yes Psykos is more powerful than her, but she still needs to have a certain degree of power on her own to actually utilize her psychic nerfing technique. It lessens the opponent's power significantly, but it doesn't completely neutralize it.

As for Rover, that type of technique in no way applies. Rover simply fired an energy ball at Genos, and she reflected it. The same blast would have mulched Genos, meaning her psychic potentional is likely far more than just 8-A.

But we can't quantify the fraction of Psykos' power that she would need to compete against her with her twisting technique.

And why would it not apply to Rover? Her psychic technique is essentially a reflecting technique, there is no reason that she would have to match the power in it or even come close to that.

Her psychic technique reflects the power of other espers. It doesn't work on just anything, otherwise she could have done so on other opponents. Also, notice how deflecting Psykos' powers didn't hurt her at all, but deflecting Rover's attack did. She clearly had to actually put in the energy to block it, as she was actually damaged and bleeding, afterwards.

She wasn't damaged by the blast, she was bleeding out of her eyes and nose. She overexerted herself redirecting it.

Alakabamm said:
She wasn't damaged by the blast, she was bleeding out of her eyes and nose. She overexerted herself redirecting it.
That's what I said. She had to put far more significant energy into it, whereas when fighting another esper like Psykos, she could just casually redirect everything she threw at her. Still, having enough energy to block the attack is impressive in itself, as it would have destroyed Genos.

Well, whatever, that's my own opinion on the issue. But if we're going to be considering some ONE stuff, we should also consider upgrading Bang as well. In a couple seconds after getting serious, he fodderized two Dragon level opponents that overwhelmed Genos easily (Fuhrer Ugly and Gums), killed a bunch of Black Sperms and was only stopped because he lacks durability.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I think she should be upgraded, but not to the same tier as the S-Class heroes. 7-C seems reasonable in my opinion.
If she was 7-C, I don't think she would have had a snowball's chance in hell of reflecting Rover's attack, as said attack was quite likely going to incinerate Genos.

Okay. So are you going to update her profile Azathoth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back