• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach speed light dodging calculation

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

There is a new calculation blog for a Bleach light dodging feat that has caused quite a lot of drama:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Bluetrekking/Bleach:_Light_Dodging_Calcs

The real cal howard and Thebluedash agree with the feat, and Kepekley23 disagrees with it.

Here is an image that describes the feat as a beam of light:

Y4pg0iN_d.jpg

Here is the page that describes our standards for this sort of situation: Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats

I would also appreciate if the calc group members focus on reading the arguments for and against within the blog comments, and ignore the drama.

It is also probably best if Knightofannihilation666 and Matthew stay out of this thread and let the calc group members discuss the already brought up arguments, as we would likely get more drama otherwise.

I have not read through the thread original calculation threads discussion. However i have looked at the calc and on our rules regarding light.

And in my opinion this feat does not qualify. The origin is unspecified. The beam of supposed light got shot out of a hole in the air. It is not a "realistic source" of light.

The light as well is not stated to be made out of particles resembling light.

Nor is it called "light-speed".

In addition the light does not reflect in any way.

All the things i mentioned are criterias for us to determine whether or not something can be considered proper light. The feat in question does not qualify for even one of those criterias.

We also have to take into account that, even if the pure technical aspect of one or maybe two criteria was met (being called light-speed for example) this automaticaly does not make the feat legit (The Hakuba incident for Naruto is a good example). But in this specific case there is absolutely nothing implied in that regard.

If we were to accept and use a calculation and feat based upon the mere appearance of the word "Light" it would create a dangerous precedent for other verses.

Also: Correct me if I am wrong, but in the feat no one even mentioned "Light", havent they? Not Light-speed or any other thing, sure. But not even the word "light".

I am not informed about the feat itself. I just tried to defuse the drama situation that was developing.

Thank you for the evaluation, and I agree about that we have to watch out for setting bad precedents.

Okay. Thank you for the input.

Yes, the calculation has been rejected.

I agree with RavenSupreme, Kepekley, and Soldier Blue as well.

Back