• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Attack potency questions

I wasnt sure to ask this but I decided to go ahead

So if a character has a city level attack potency ( using non physical attacks ) does theat mean the size of the attack would be city level? For example: When Naruto fought against Sasuke in their final fight, they usued their strongest attacks which had an attack potency of small planet level why didn't the world just get destroyed. Is the attack not suppose to have that level/size of destructive capacity, or does it have something to do with the plot. Same goes for other series

It's in the Attack Potency page. To save you some time:

Attack Potency
An alternative term for Destructive Capacity which has more direct meaning: The Destructive Capacity that an attack is equivalent to. A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces.

We are aware that this technically violates the principle of conservation of energy, as it should logically disperse upon impact, but fiction generally tends to ignore this fact, so we overlook it as well.

Also, kindly remember that Attack Potency is the measure of Destructive Capacity of an attack, and as such, is measured via its energy damage equivalent. Hence, characters that destroy mountains or islands are not automatically mountain or island level, especially if they are small. The attack potency depends upon the energy output of the attack, not the area of effect of the attack.

Okay tahnks, I feel stupid because I read the page before but I still wasn't sure

Back