• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are the laws of fiction and real life the same?

I want to ask a short question. Are the physics rules of the anime universe and real life the same?

Last edited:
Most fiction have the same physics as real life until stated or shown otherwise. A lot of fictional verses still operate under the same physical rules as real life. Although lots of rules are also often broken or ignored, that doesn't mean that these rules no longer exists or that different rules are applied, again, unless its explicitly said or shown otherwise.

The same applies for One Piece as far as I can tell. There are weird shit that happens in the seas of One Piece though that would be physics-breaking IRL.
More OP fans can elaborate on that.

I would say yes until stated otherwise like Metal said above, like for example, in one series said that the values for Planck Constants and the Metric System are different throughout the multiverse, which would yield different results.

Most fiction have the same physics as real life until stated or shown otherwise. A lot of fictional verses still operate under the same physical rules as real life. Although lots of rules are also often broken or ignored, that doesn't mean that these rules no longer exists or that different rules are applied, again, unless its explicitly said or shown otherwise.

The same applies for One Piece as far as I can tell. There are weird shit that happens in the seas of One Piece though that would be physics-breaking IRL.
More OP fans can elaborate on that.
I think our laws of physics are completely different.

Back