• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Apollyon vs Apollyon (kinda)

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Pretty cool match. Two overpowered reincarnates who are named Apollyon at some point in their stories and were created by two different phoenixes. (The Divine Phoenix and Phoenks)

Apollyon Bela vs Phoenix Runihura

Apollyon is in her Erithaea (Pre-Corruption) key and Phoenix is in his Apollyon key

Both are High 7-A.

AP difference is 1.5x (2.2 Gigatons vs 3.47 Gigatons) in Phoenix's favor.

Speed is equalized, and the battle takes place in a movie theatre for some odd reason.

Now... I just hope it isn't a stomp :<

Uh both are really long profiles so I'll just save myself as a outsider to both some trouble and ask the following:
What do they lead with?
Biggest Power Move?
Biggest Weakness?
Strongest Resistance?

Last edited:
Phoenix starts with:

Fire Magic Spam + CQC

Phoenix's fire manip can get hot enough to negate multiple layered resistance to fire and deconstruct matter on an atomic level.

If neither of those work he'll go for telekinesis.

If he's in trouble he'll use his authorities, which are Causality Manip (1 time use), Power Absorption, and Existence Erasure.

Biggest Weakness: He's a glass canon. He has 7-A durability. And his attacks harm himself.

Strongest Resistance: A lot of his resistances are super potent. But I'll go into detail if it calls for that.

Passives:
Reverses the three first attacks against him out of existence
Erases weak magic
Causes those around him to become mad, filling their minds with suicidal thoughts
Disease and Status Effect Inducement (Causes hyperspeed cancer and extreme versions of disease-like symptoms)
Memory and Soul Manip (Slowly deletes memories)
Temperature Manip
Life Manip (Reduces health by 15%)
Biological Regeneration negation.

Last edited:
Erithaea's opening stuff is generally danmaku with her crest, and CQC if she has to.

So, the passives are resisted quite well due to mage physiology stuff, and she has a direct advantage due to her conceptual manipulation being Type 3 against Phoenix's Type 4, and said type 3 being infused into all of her stuff. That plus the AP advantage is going to be hard for Phoenix to deal with. Obviously his regen helps, but Erithaea's light can get into souls, which in DEG contains Concepts, Information, and Minds, so she would be able to bypass it by destroying his non-physical aspects. There's also smaller things; her reactive power level would close the AP gap and likely reverse it, and she can always bust out pegasus regalia to amp herself as well.

Voting Erithaea.

Phoenix has T0 resistances and resurrection tho what are you talking about

Phoenix resist soul manip, concept manip, info manip, and mind manip.

Only the info and concept resistance are tier 0 tho.

As for the soul, she would need to have some kind of fest of destroying souls that are separate from a person's physical body. Since souls in verse are stored in a different dimension. With mind manip it'd be a similar case.

To make up for the weak durability Phoenix can create 5-C barriers.

He also has 3 lives.

(...hopefully Apollyon has something that can work tho)

Even if he somehow gets oof'd he still has 2 more lives via 3 lives tier 0 resurrection though, so there's that.

Also 5-C telekinesis gg.

I'm voting Phoenix, this is legit a certified stomp moment.

Phoenix resist soul manip, concept manip, info manip, and mind manip.

Only the info and concept resistance are tier 0 tho.

okay I think I've said it before but anything 1-A or above in the verse is automatically nulled against non-throne god characters so his resurrection just

wouldn't work
As for the soul, she would need to have some kind of fest of destroying souls that are separate from a person's physical body. Since souls in verse are stored in a different dimension. With mind manip it'd be a similar case.
It works similarly in my verse. Souls and Minds exist in higher planes of existence, and Erithaea can still hit them.
To make up for the weak durability Phoenix can create 5-C barriers.
Erithaea can take control of those barriers due to her crest, which i'm like 99% sure would amp her up to 5-C physically but it's not really confirmed so lol. She also has precog and can use light form and teleportation to counter the TK.
He also has 3 lives.

(...hopefully Apollyon has something that can work tho)
Because of the nature of Erithaea's crest, Even if he resurrects it's not going to clear the light from his body, so she'll just sorta be able to... bonk him via exploding it within the space he's in.

Last edited:
okay I think I've said it before but anything 1-A or above in the verse is automatically nulled against non-throne god characters so his resurrection just wouldn't work

Confused on this part. How exactly wouldn't it work? You'd need to nullify the tier 0 being who is granting him that form of resurrection and resistances.

It works similarly in my verse. Souls and Minds exist in higher planes of existence, and Erithaea can still hit them.

Seems like a good wincon.

Erithaea can take control of those barriers due to her crest. She also has precog and can use light form to counter the TK.

Take control of them? Could you explain how? And I mean... he can just create more. And his precog would cancel out hers.

Because of the nature of Erithaea's crest, Even if he resurrects it's not going to clear the light from his body, so she'll just sorta be able to... bonk him via exploding it within the space he's in.

His resurrection completely recreates a new body, soul, and mind. So I think it should clear it up.

Last edited:
Okay, we have reached an agreement on Discord, and I'm switching my vote to Incon. Both of them have valid wincons against eachother, as well as being able to cancel and avoid those wincons pretty well. It also seems that the cosmologies are roughly equal in terms of "Hee hoo Tier 0" so there's not really much of a point in debating that though it is funny to imagine that as these two punch eachother and blow up some mountains or whatever that there's a pair of cosmic deities just annihilating reality in an arm wrestle at the same time

Yes I will also vote incon.

Basically:

Apollyon can nuke his soul and mind with her light hax stuff. Even if he resurrects he'd still get nuked as soon as he came back.

Phoenix can obliterate her with fire/dura negation, 5-C TK, and other shiz.

kinda hard to say who would win more often since their wincons are both one-shot type stuff it seems.

I'm pretty sure Ark cosmology dwarfs this other one but ok

It seems that even with his T0 stuff both can win, huh. Change me to incon too then.

Back