• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another Saiki Kusuo Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to tackle the "To Discuss" section.

Small Size Type 2 via Size Manipulation: Can shrink to at least 1/100th of his original size (1.67m to 0.0167)
Small Size Type 3 via Size Manipulation: 1.67 cm to 0.0167 cm (0.167 mm)
May need scans for this.

Sleep Manipulation and Dream Manipulation: He disturbed the sleep of Rifuta Imu.
Dream Manipulation.

Sleep Inducement:
Hm?

Not conclusive. I'll have to say no to that one.

I can't see the image, how does he blow up the house? Could possibly be shockwave generation instead, but I don't know because I can't see.

Surface Scaling: He hides on the ceiling of the room, invisible when he was in the girls' locker room.
Unsure, what if he uses some other ability to stay attached to the ceiling? Scans needed.

Likely Minor/Limited Resistance to Disease Manipulation: He can raise his body temperature to eliminate any virus.
Reasonable. Scans needed.

Limited Power Mimicry via Psychometry (Saiki is able to momentarily acquire the powers of others if he uses Psychometry, as shown here.)
I don't think so. His ability allows him to feel the sensations of anyone he touches, and in this particular case, the person he touched had a visual ability that enables him to see ghosts or perceive transparent objects, and so, that perception was shared with him, not that he was able to momentarily acquire the powers of others.

Poison Detection seems like something that belongs in the Notable Attacks/Techniques section, and not the Powers and Abilities section.

Resistance to Reality Warping
Immunity
to Mind Manipulation
Incorporeality
in Astral Form
Body Control
Scans?

Apologies if I skipped any scans, I didn't have sufficient time to go through the entire thread. Hence, I searched for a message that appeared to be a summary, which happened to be this one.

May need scans for this.
Saiki is the same size as a cockroach.
The ability that sends a lullaby to the opponent's brain to put them to sleep, however this may differ to whom it was used.
Could possibly be shockwave generation instead, but I don't know because I can't see.
This
Unsure, what if he uses some other ability to stay attached to the ceiling? Scans needed.
Saiki climbs to the roof and couldn't leave since he can only use telepathy when he is invisible.
Reasonable. Scans needed.
Here.
Poison Detection seems like something that belongs in the Notable Attacks/Techniques section, and not the Powers and Abilities section.
Ok
[RW and Mind Control]
Citing the post from the last thread
  • Resistance to Reality Warping: He was not affected when the author changed reality so that everything is related to the number 100.
  • Immunity to Mind Manipulation: He was not affected when the author manipulates everyone's mind so that they find themselves obsessed with the number 100.
A great proof that the author used Mind Manip in the world of Saiki, is the fact of the fervent obsession of people for the number 100, not failing to repeat it in every sentence they say. And Saiki was not affected by the author's control, he became suspicious when he was with Nendo and Kaido and later in the chapter Saiki realizes that something is wrong.
There is also the fact that the whole world of Saiki changed to rotate around the number 100, the number of people, the prices, and the same people.
Which would give Saiki a high level of Resistance to Mind Manip and RW.
[Incorporeality]
Here.
[Body Control]
Here and Here.
Apologies if I skipped any scans, I didn't have sufficient time to go through the entire thread. Hence, I searched for a message that appeared to be a summary, which happened to be this one.
No problem, although you skipped LS, Speed, and AP.

Thanks for coming I thought it would be eons before another mod came along.

Last edited:
I'm fine with this.

Maybe he's specifically weak to lullabies?

I'm fine with this.

A great proof that the author used Mind Manip in the world of Saiki, is the fact of the fervent obsession of people for the number 100, not failing to repeat it in every sentence they say. And Saiki was not affected by the author's control, he became suspicious when he was with Nendo and Kaido and later in the chapter Saiki realizes that something is wrong.
There is also the fact that the whole world of Saiki changed to rotate around the number 100, the number of people, the prices, and the same people.
Which would give Saiki a high level of Resistance to Mind Manip and RW.
I'll stay neutral to this one.

[Incorporeality]
Here.
Can you provide more context? As far as I recall, this Saiki was able to go through walls because he was dead. Is there another way in which incorporeality is used in this context that I may have missed?

[Body Control]
Here and Here.
I am uncertain about this. This is not as obvious as the typical Body Control feats that I know, so I cannot take a stance on it. I am not sure if the first one qualifies as Body Control. The second feat seems to suggest that the character merely relaxed their body to avoid accidentally damaging something.

No problem, although you skipped LS, Speed, and AP.
I understand, but I will refrain from assessing them. Sorry.

I can't see the image, how does he blow up the house? Could possibly be shockwave generation instead, but I don't know because I can't see.
I found a better feat.
Maybe he's specifically weak to lullabies?
I think that part of it is complemented by the description of the power "however this may differ to whom it was used."
Can you provide more context? As far as I recall, this Saiki was able to go through walls because he was dead. Is there anoter way in which incorporeality is used in this context that I may have missed?
"Huh? He's nearby so you're going to return it? Wait up, Saiki-saaan!"

He disappears through a wall and goes somewhere. In this abandoned building, I and Saiki-san's cast-off body have been left alone.

"The ghost's true form is a chihuahua! Everything is resolved! With this, I'll become popular… huh?"

It feels empty somehow. Like I didn't really do anything. It feels like somehow, I'm once again in a situation of reflecting upon the uselessness of spirit mediums…

[From the Novel]

I am uncertain about this. This is not as obvious as the typical Body Control feats that I know, so I cannot take a stance on it. I am not sure if the first one qualifies as Body Control. The second feat seems to suggest that the character merely relaxed their body to avoid accidentally damaging something.}
Saiki can bend and dislocate his joints any way he wants at will. Saiki here relaxed every function of his body to prevent his power from causing more disasters. (According to what I understood, that would be Control of basic functions)
I understand, but I will refrain from assessing them. Sorry.
(y)

Last edited:
Definitely better, yes. Though you'd need to get an English version of that scan.

I think that part of it is complemented by the description of the power "however this may differ to whom it was used."
Fair?

"Huh? He's nearby so you're going to return it? Wait up, Saiki-saaan!"

He disappears through a wall and goes somewhere. In this abandoned building, I and Saiki-san's cast-off body have been left alone.

"The ghost's true form is a chihuahua! Everything is resolved! With this, I'll become popular… huh?"

It feels empty somehow. Like I didn't really do anything. It feels like somehow, I'm once again in a situation of reflecting upon the uselessness of spirit mediums…

[From the Novel]
It seems that what is being described is more akin to Intangibility rather than Incorporeality.

Saiki can bend and dislocate his joints any way he wants at will. Saiki here relaxed every function of his body to prevent his power from causing more disasters. (According to what I understood, that would be Control of basic functions)
Okay, that's fair. I had initially thought that he dislocated his joints using his strength, but if he can do it intentionally like that, then I guess that's fine. As for the second feat, I'm not sure if he stated that he relaxed every function of his body, but rather just that he relaxed his body.

Definitely better, yes. Though you'd need to get an English version of that scan.
Fixed
It seems that what is being described is more akin to Intangibility rather than Incorporeality.
Ok, although I would like to hear DT's opinion, can you pin him here?
Okay, that's fair. I had initially thought that he dislocated his joints using his strength, but if he can do it intentionally like that, then I guess that's fine. As for the second feat, I'm not sure if he stated that he relaxed every function of his body, but rather just that he relaxed his body.
Understandable.

The novel scene (there's a novel? Is that canon?) sounds more like just an application of Saiki's astral projection, which is already on his profile. The other manga scan that was assosciated with it is from the future in which Saiki died and hence turned into a ghost, which obviously doesn't count towards his living self's abilities.

The novel scene (there's a novel?
Yes, Extra Stories of Psychics and Extra Stories of Psychics 2 were released in 2013 and 2014.
Is that canon?)
The manga accepts a declaration of the novel as canon, in chapter 271 of the manga. So yes.
sounds more like just an application of Saiki's astral projection, which is already on his profile.
That is why it should be applied as: "Intangibility in Astral Form"

Yes, Extra Stories of Psychics and Extra Stories of Psychics 2 were released in 2013 and 2014.

The manga accepts a declaration of the novel as canon, in chapter 271 of the manga. So yes.

That is why it should be applied as: "Intangibility in Astral Form"
What DT said makes sense.

I guess Intangibility in Astral Form can work?

Spoiler for the second novel:

Saiki can transport or be transported to different universes.
Saiki OG
This is bad. I’ve been transported to a parallel world again…

That’s right, I’ve been to a different parallel world before. Back then, popularity was everything, and your life was decided by it. It was a cruel world. Popular people would get offu’d all the time, while others would get treated horribly.

Saiki Alternate

Saiki Kusuo’s telepathy breaks that silence.

(I made you come here, so I’m not going to let you leave just like that.)
------
(There’s no deeper meaning to it. I’m going to defeat you and become the main universe’s Saiki Kusuo. That’s why I made you come here. I’ll have you sleep in this world for the rest of your life…)
---------

Good grief, when did this become a novelization of a battle manga?

Come to think of it, it was only recently that I had to fight many legendary Shonen Jump characters in another strange world. Though I guess this is more like fighting against your own character.

SaikiOG
I instinctively move out of the way and dodge his “ton” attack. I see a rush of wind pass right in front of me, slightly scraping my nose. His attack keeps moving forward, splitting the ground, the school building, and all the houses in its way. Not only that, but it keeps moving until it eventually splits even the mountains in the background.

Justification:
Fighting against yourself is particularly inconvenient. Not only does your opponent have your own powers, they also know your combat habits, and they have a solid grasp of your technique. Which means

Saiki Alternate:
(Go to sleep.)

For some reason, Saiki Kusuo was now holding a toy in his hand… a baby’s rattle. He starts shaking them and singing a lullaby.

The sound of the rattle and his singing starts echoing inside my brain. What’s this surreal scenery…?

Suddenly I start to feel dizzy and I fall to my knees.

------
(We’ll switch places. I’ll become Saiki Kusuo. You’ll stay in this world sleeping forever as Saiki Kusuko. Endlessly dreaming. You know how we can’t use our powers in dreams? That’s what I’m going to do. The only place I’d be able to capture myself is in dreams. If I had let you keep your abilities, who knows what you would’ve been capable of.)

I can’t even open my eyes anymore. My vision gets narrower and narrower…
I open my eyes, and I see myself.

And it’s not like looking in the mirror. That’s my other self. My other self has his eyes wide open in astonishment. I can only tell because he’s also me, but me making a surprised expression like that is especially unusual. It’s quite a rare sight. I’m deep in thought thinking about it.

Alright then, why is Saiki Kusuo right in front of me?

I stand up and feel a strange flutter in my clothes. I’m wearing a sailor uniform.

A transformation…?

That’s right, I’m Saiki Kusuko right now.

Only one Saiki Kusuo can exist in this world, so I transformed into Saiki Kusuko to call this world’s Saiki Kusuo.

(It’s impossible… there’s no way…)

I hear Saiki Kusuo’s shocked voice through telepathy.

(How did you come back…?! You can’t use your powers in the dream world…!)

Explication:
“Do you know the energy called ‘sight’?”

I don’t know that word. Though I think I’ve seen “psy” used before.

I look at this world’s Saiki Kusuo, who shakes his head as well.

“You don’t know it, huh? Then allow me to explain! ‘Sight’ is an ability born out of a feeling of distress or uneasiness generated in this world’s supreme observers. In other words, it’s an energy transferred from the reader’s brain to the book the moment they get the feeling that something’s off.”

Huh. I see. I don’t understand a thing.

“It’s energy that exists in a completely different dimension from superpowers. I’m sure it must be hard to conceptualize. A full explanation of ‘sight’ energy would be too complicated, so for now, allow me to answer why I’m here in the first place. As the novelization progressed, this world has been shifting off-axis little by little. I used this ‘sight’ energy to infiltrate this novel and come to this world. Though I was caught and questioned by the police at first. Then I let one year go by, and that’s how we got here.”

This newly-serialized story’s protagonist just admitted that he’s been arrested by the police. Is everyone alright with that?

“That’s right, didn’t you notice several of Asou’s characters sprinkled throughout this world? They were part of a ritual of sorts. I used the ‘sight’ energy to make the boundaries between universes hazy. And then put all of those worlds together once I had gathered enough energy. There might be characters from all sorts of universes hiding in plain sight everywhere!” he says and then laughs maniacally.
-----------
“Weapons aren’t enough. I need more people.”

Don’t tell me you can even summon people from your world…?!

“Precisely! Come over, characters from ‘Our Hero Studies’!”

He opens his arms and smirks.

Suddenly, the air behind Haganeno starts getting distorted, and from the distortion, a beam of light I had never seen before appears. Ripples start spreading in a circular pattern, and then out of nowhere, an entire city appears in front of me.

“I’m connecting both worlds! This is the power of ‘sight’!”

Dark clouds start forming surrounding Haganeno. Our surroundings get dark as night, and we’re enveloped in an unpleasant aura. An ominous wind starts blowing.
--------------------
I make a suggestion to Saiki Kusuo.

(…We can do that?)

Saiki Kusuo’s expression changes slightly in surprise.

Of course we can. We’re both espers, and there’s two versions of Saiki Kusuo right here.

(You’re right… Let’s give it a try)

Alright, let’s use our “psy” instead of “sight”… Let’s do this.

We both open our eyes wide. Saiki Kusuo and I open our arms and combine our powers. This is a power that can connect one world with another. We can create a distortion just like Haganeno did with “sight” earlier. Of course, I’ve never done this before, and I wouldn’t be able to do it normally, even without my limiter.

If I were alone, that is.

However, right now I have me by my side. An esper, Saiki Kusuo. The most reliable person there is. I’m sure we can make the impossible possible together.

Saiki Kusuo and I create a pale blue energy that begins floating in the air, just like the distortion from earlier.

Hurry up. We don’t have much time.
d63ee4889926cb8cecc6f7c0716da096605410bc.png

Last edited:
So I could add this?
Yes, what has been accepted that is
Spoiler for the second novel:

Saiki can transport or be transported to different universes.
Saiki OG
This is bad. I’ve been transported to a parallel world again…

That’s right, I’ve been to a different parallel world before. Back then, popularity was everything, and your life was decided by it. It was a cruel world. Popular people would get offu’d all the time, while others would get treated horribly.

Saiki Alternate

Saiki Kusuo’s telepathy breaks that silence.

(I made you come here, so I’m not going to let you leave just like that.)
------
(There’s no deeper meaning to it. I’m going to defeat you and become the main universe’s Saiki Kusuo. That’s why I made you come here. I’ll have you sleep in this world for the rest of your life…)
---------

Good grief, when did this become a novelization of a battle manga?

Come to think of it, it was only recently that I had to fight many legendary Shonen Jump characters in another strange world. Though I guess this is more like fighting against your own character.

SaikiOG
I instinctively move out of the way and dodge his “ton” attack. I see a rush of wind pass right in front of me, slightly scraping my nose. His attack keeps moving forward, splitting the ground, the school building, and all the houses in its way. Not only that, but it keeps moving until it eventually splits even the mountains in the background.

Justification:
Fighting against yourself is particularly inconvenient. Not only does your opponent have your own powers, they also know your combat habits, and they have a solid grasp of your technique. Which means

Saiki Alternate:
(Go to sleep.)

For some reason, Saiki Kusuo was now holding a toy in his hand… a baby’s rattle. He starts shaking them and singing a lullaby.

The sound of the rattle and his singing starts echoing inside my brain. What’s this surreal scenery…?

Suddenly I start to feel dizzy and I fall to my knees.

------
(We’ll switch places. I’ll become Saiki Kusuo. You’ll stay in this world sleeping forever as Saiki Kusuko. Endlessly dreaming. You know how we can’t use our powers in dreams? That’s what I’m going to do. The only place I’d be able to capture myself is in dreams. If I had let you keep your abilities, who knows what you would’ve been capable of.)

I can’t even open my eyes anymore. My vision gets narrower and narrower…
I open my eyes, and I see myself.

And it’s not like looking in the mirror. That’s my other self. My other self has his eyes wide open in astonishment. I can only tell because he’s also me, but me making a surprised expression like that is especially unusual. It’s quite a rare sight. I’m deep in thought thinking about it.

Alright then, why is Saiki Kusuo right in front of me?

I stand up and feel a strange flutter in my clothes. I’m wearing a sailor uniform.

A transformation…?

That’s right, I’m Saiki Kusuko right now.

Only one Saiki Kusuo can exist in this world, so I transformed into Saiki Kusuko to call this world’s Saiki Kusuo.

(It’s impossible… there’s no way…)

I hear Saiki Kusuo’s shocked voice through telepathy.

(How did you come back…?! You can’t use your powers in the dream world…!)

Explication:
“Do you know the energy called ‘sight’?”

I don’t know that word. Though I think I’ve seen “psy” used before.

I look at this world’s Saiki Kusuo, who shakes his head as well.

“You don’t know it, huh? Then allow me to explain! ‘Sight’ is an ability born out of a feeling of distress or uneasiness generated in this world’s supreme observers. In other words, it’s an energy transferred from the reader’s brain to the book the moment they get the feeling that something’s off.”

Huh. I see. I don’t understand a thing.

“It’s energy that exists in a completely different dimension from superpowers. I’m sure it must be hard to conceptualize. A full explanation of ‘sight’ energy would be too complicated, so for now, allow me to answer why I’m here in the first place. As the novelization progressed, this world has been shifting off-axis little by little. I used this ‘sight’ energy to infiltrate this novel and come to this world. Though I was caught and questioned by the police at first. Then I let one year go by, and that’s how we got here.”

This newly-serialized story’s protagonist just admitted that he’s been arrested by the police. Is everyone alright with that?

“That’s right, didn’t you notice several of Asou’s characters sprinkled throughout this world? They were part of a ritual of sorts. I used the ‘sight’ energy to make the boundaries between universes hazy. And then put all of those worlds together once I had gathered enough energy. There might be characters from all sorts of universes hiding in plain sight everywhere!” he says and then laughs maniacally.
-----------
“Weapons aren’t enough. I need more people.”

Don’t tell me you can even summon people from your world…?!

“Precisely! Come over, characters from ‘Our Hero Studies’!”

He opens his arms and smirks.

Suddenly, the air behind Haganeno starts getting distorted, and from the distortion, a beam of light I had never seen before appears. Ripples start spreading in a circular pattern, and then out of nowhere, an entire city appears in front of me.

“I’m connecting both worlds! This is the power of ‘sight’!”

Dark clouds start forming surrounding Haganeno. Our surroundings get dark as night, and we’re enveloped in an unpleasant aura. An ominous wind starts blowing.
--------------------
I make a suggestion to Saiki Kusuo.

(…We can do that?)

Saiki Kusuo’s expression changes slightly in surprise.

Of course we can. We’re both espers, and there’s two versions of Saiki Kusuo right here.

(You’re right… Let’s give it a try)

Alright, let’s use our “psy” instead of “sight”… Let’s do this.

We both open our eyes wide. Saiki Kusuo and I open our arms and combine our powers. This is a power that can connect one world with another. We can create a distortion just like Haganeno did with “sight” earlier. Of course, I’ve never done this before, and I wouldn’t be able to do it normally, even without my limiter.

If I were alone, that is.

However, right now I have me by my side. An esper, Saiki Kusuo. The most reliable person there is. I’m sure we can make the impossible possible together.

Saiki Kusuo and I create a pale blue energy that begins floating in the air, just like the distortion from earlier.

Hurry up. We don’t have much time.
d63ee4889926cb8cecc6f7c0716da096605410bc.png
Is this new stuff? Because it would be better to create a new crt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back