• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Entire Battle in an Explosion

So, I've noticed that a rather obscure character from a sch'mup is not on this site, most likely because his game was never released.

Maybe it was too gruesome. I mean, you DO play as the love-child of a xenomorph, a tyranid, and Kirby for goodness sake!

Chimerabeast 5402
This is you.

Anyways, I've been trying to gather some information to see how nasty these monsters could be, and I was perusing the levels and information for the game when I realized that the final level looked like a giant fireworks display for a solid reason: It was an actual fireworks display.
The game is called Chimera Beast, and you can see a full playthrough of it here[1].

You can hear more about the game here.

So, in this game, you play as a member of an invasive species of all-consuming aliens called "Eaters" because that's all they really do: eat things to absorb their power and reproduce. They are currently laying waste to an alien planet populated by humans, overthrowing the food chain and replacing it with one of their own design: Eaters > Everything Else. Each level, they grow bigger and badder, eating the next level of creatures on the food-chain. At the beginning, in level one, Microbes, they're noshing on germs and lampreys. By level six, Mankind, they're eating giant mechas, cars, and people.

And then they eat a nuclear reactor.

The last stage, Catastrophe, has the player character continue to eat everything in sight, turning its attention to other eaters and whatever heavy weapons the humans can still launch at them, while IN THE MIDDLE OF A NUCLEAR EXPLOSION!!!

HSQ: 7/10

While the fact that these things are still managing to creepily crawl about in the sky without a problem is a massive testament to their toughness and strength (even to a mathematically apathetic guy like me!), I'm more interested in the fact that they are still in the burning explosion after four minutes of real time! It's like Namek all over again!

So, my questions for today are...

1) How long does a nuclear explosion last? Emphasis on explosion and not the after-effects. Think about the flash of light and heat and the beginning of the mushroom cloud.

2) What would the numbers say about the speed of the eaters if they're moving about like nothing is wrong while the blast is moving about like a red-hot, roiling hurricane.

With feats like these, I'd like to pit this little guy against the bottom 90% of the Pokemon world in a gauntlet match, just like in his home game.

"Heh, I always wanted to eat a Pokemon. ...What? They look delicious!" ~Boomstick

Back