• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aldrich Bludwatcher (The Last Sorcerer) vs Flect Turn (My Hero Academia) [0-0-0]

So Aldrich is going to have to get past the reflect quirk in order to damage Flect turn, which is going to be difficult considering that it’s capable of reflecting hits on par with 20% Deku, and when not weakened hits stronger than it, and Aldrich barely has an AP advantage (Really, Flect is 2.15 Megatons and Aldrich is 2.2 👀) and Flect could potentially absorb Aldrich’s attacks to deal massive damage later on in the fight as well, so he’s going to have to keep his distance.

How would Aldrich go about getting around reflect besides repeated brute force attacks?

With speed equalized, is there any attack that Aldrich could actually land? Like, all his stuff is significantly weaker than the range that reflect stops working and because speed is equalized, it’s not like he can’t react. Even if it wasn’t it’s not all that much faster… I think. But on the other hand, I don’t think that Flect Turn could kill Aldrich. Like, maybe once a few hits land he’d get cautious and try something else or even do nothing. The one thing that is a win con here is Flect Turn’s lifting strength. With that there is likely some non-lethal kill option in there. The other one would be for Aldrich. Depending on how strong his telepathy is or the range of his soul absorption, I think he could get past reflect and have a win-con or maybe one of his other abilities could work, idk. Anyways, in my opinion:
Rooting Aldrich
(Probably) Voting Incon

So Aldrich is going to have to get past the reflect quirk in order to damage Flect turn, which is going to be difficult considering that it’s capable of reflecting hits on par with 20% Deku, and when not weakened hits stronger than it, and Aldrich barely has an AP advantage (Really, Flect is 2.15 Megatons and Aldrich is 2.2 👀) and Flect could potentially absorb Aldrich’s attacks to deal massive damage later on in the fight as well, so he’s going to have to keep his distance.

How would Aldrich go about getting around reflect besides repeated brute force attacks?
Explained in the tactic sections, he likes to use magic to restrain enemies before going in with Akuma (a weapon that targets the Soul, normally used to kill immortals in the story). I don't know if that will work with Flect Turn's reflect tho. In the Lore blog, I explained (albeit poorly) that Aldrich did the freezing of the Leviathan by taking energy out of the area he froze and blasting that energy above him to disperse the storm above.

With speed equalized, is there any attack that Aldrich could actually land? Like, all his stuff is significantly weaker than the range that reflect stops working and because speed is equalized, it’s not like he can’t react. Even if it wasn’t it’s not all that much faster… I think. But on the other hand, I don’t think that Flect Turn could kill Aldrich. Like, maybe once a few hits land he’d get cautious and try something else or even do nothing. The one thing that is a win con here is Flect Turn’s lifting strength. With that there is likely some non-lethal kill option in there. The other one would be for Aldrich. Depending on how strong his telepathy is or the range of his soul absorption, I think he could get past reflect and have a win-con or maybe one of his other abilities could work, idk. Anyways, in my opinion:
Rooting Aldrich
(Probably) Voting Incon
Soul Absorption is thanks to Akuma (his sword) and Telepathy just lets him talk to peoples minds. And yes, Flect Turn could restrain Aldrich with his lifting strength, but (i'll have to check speed equalization rules) I think Aldrich still has higher reactions.

Soul Absorption is thanks to Akuma (his sword) and Telepathy just lets him talk to peoples minds. And yes, Flect Turn could restrain Aldrich with his lifting strength, but (i'll have to check speed equalization rules) I think Aldrich still has higher reactions.
K, cool

Back