• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown (Overlord)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the problem is that he need more feats, wait, until the series get close to the climax or end (at this point we would know how strong is)

AH true but I think right now at Vol 6 we already have a rough estimate on what his strength is. Unless you're talking about the Anime than yeah by the end of the 1st season we should roughly his full strength

Most probably. Just wondering what his Tier would be? Since against his speciality is only against living beings in which he would dominate majority of them, but I dont know where to put him in terms places or large objects

KillerFalcons said:
his speed I can assume FTL already since shalltear easily stopped brain's slash which was noted FTL
Wait...Brain's slash is FTL? Really?

Actually Brain slash was said to be the speed of light but for Shalltear to be able to stop it as casually as she did she is most likely FTL so we can assume guardian tier and up have combat speed around this level as well. Which is not surprising as LN characters tend to get strong really fast as for authors it is easier to write feats compared to drawing them so they can make LN characters very powerful very quickly.

Passage from the LN

Shalltear peered at the blade while drawing it closer to her face.
Brain, who had no idea what she was talking about, felt the inside of his head turn white.
It was the despair of having his entire way of life denied in front of him.
But it was thanks to his defeat in the past that he could stay standing. Similar to how a broke
bone grows stronger after it's mended; his experience with defeat was what kept him strong.
It was impossible, but he had no choice but to admit it.
She had easily caught his light-speed slash.
Brain looked pale. Shalltear was surprised to see him this way and frowned. She then sighed i
disappointment.
"Do you understand now? I'm not an opponent you can beat without using martial arts. If you
finally get it, shouldn't you start getting serious?"
Hearing such cruel words, Brain unintentionally let a single word slip from his mouth.
"Monster…"
Shalltear gave an innocent smile, like a blooming flower.

When i read it, i remember that said that the slash has speed of wind.

Hmm...i need to re-read it.

When they mentioned the speed of wind they were talking about one of the vampires that was with Shalltear when she went to attack Brain.

Passage from the LN

Brain drew his katana into a stance. Seeing this, the girl wore a bored expression and glanced towards the ceiling and spoke.

"You can start now."

The girl gestured with her chin, prompting the woman next to her to dash forward.

Her movement was truly like the wind, but— for Brain, even the speed of the wind was not fast enough.

"Haah!"

With a roar, Brain launched himself with all the strength in his body and struck like a storm. The slash held enough power to easily cleave an armored man in two.

"Kuh!"

"Tsk, too shallow."

Yeah pretty sure almost all the guardians are FTL

too put into perspective Brain is around level 25-30 which is the peak strength for NORMAL humans in the Overlord-verse

Ainz and 9 others within Nazarick are lvl 100

Man if Brain is within lvl 25-30 and he is lightspeed that means we can say that even the members of the Pleiades like Narberal are at least lightspeed most likely higher. As Naberal is lvl 63 which is far higher than Brain.

The anime is over and it's unsure if we'll get a second season. So I think it's about time Ainz got his own page. We know his general speed from what's already been said earlier and in the 12th episode of the anime (whatever chapter it is in the LN) he blew up a sizable chunk of forest so that'll probably yield some good results for his DC. His striking strength normally shouldn't be that good but when he switches to dark warrior mode he should get scaling to Shalltear in that area and anyone below her.

Then i don't know why make a setup for a next season...

Either way, that ability: "The goal of all life is death" it's some Op/Hax s**t!

"The goal of all life is death" it's some Op/Hax s**t!

Yes it is extremely, anyone who cant kill him within the 12 seconds after activation or has a way to revive themselves will be killed. LN is really amazing IMO and is worth a try

Kind of. An attack that was blocked that was in the speed of light would mean that the person who blocked it could go that fast. And normal proof?? How it that even possible with works of fiction. I'm sure you could try based on the logic within the verse but never fully prove it.

Well it's a LN you surely can't prove it.

If said: she traveled 300k kilometers within second - this is speed of light.

If said: she had easily caught his light-speed slash - this is may be speed of light, may be not.

Because it's a... artistic description... some sort of metaphor.

Yeah pretty sure almost all the guardians are FTL

Okay.

Guardians FTL. Okay.

Heroes, mages and warriors are FTL also (they is able to see Nazarick's NPC movements). Okay.

All humans in this world are FTL also (they is able to see heroes, mages and warriors movements). Okay.

This is world of speed of light. Okay.

Again. Inaccurate powerscaling is absolute evil. It makes character's stats completely bullshit.

The attack itself was lightspeed. Brain or Gazef or others (excluding Ainz & his NPCs) can't normally move or react anywhere near that speed unless they use a special attack move that is explicitly stated to be light speed. Kind of like Pokemon, where moves give you powers. Long story short, Ainz is FTL and so are the other guardians. The scaling only goes to people on Shalltear's caliber who don't need a special move to have FTL reaction times or movements, so the idea that anyone but the top tier Nazaricks can scale from Shalltear's feat is laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back