• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainai Miu speed revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
It came to my attention that her main speed feat (destroying a human on a cellular level with a sword) might be very exaggerated (the calculations on her page suggest she made one swing per cell) and since that is contradicted by this page:
D029 014

I decided to recalculate her speed using it.

From the previous page this looks like zoom in, so it is safe to assume the cells we're seeing here are skin cells. Skin cells are 30 micrometers wide. I'll assume the mahou shoujo she cut is 2m tall and 1m wide (obviously an exaggeration for the sake of simplicity), and that each cell is cut hundreds of times like in the image, let's say 200 times.

I'll ignore the angle of the cuts since that would make the calculation impossible, but the resulting number should be on the same order of magnitude as the "real" answer.

Therefore assuming square cells for simplicity in order to cut each cell 200 times she only needs to cut once every 0.3 micrometers on both the x and y axis (I ignore the z axis because most likely she cut only from the front and not the side). Let's say to be safe she cuts once every 0.1 micrometers.

Therefore she needs to make 1*10^7 vertical cuts 2 meters long and 2*10^7 horizontal cuts, 1 meter long. So her sword needs to travel 4*10^7 meters in about one second so my upper limit to her real speed is 4*10^7m/s, which is only sub-relativistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back