• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ActRaiser SNES creation

search that one funny bible game on nerdbattles wiki
doesn't exist
desperately attempt to break free from my addiction and quit sullying my brain further
it's a semi-conscious hobby not an addiction I'll be fine it won't harm me mentally in any way or drain that much of the limited time I have on this earth to accomplish what I actually want to accomplish

I made a few drafts which I'm posting here for the hopefully over 1 people who also played this to comment on, if I missed anything it was probably from the second game
this is only for the SNES games and not for Renaissance, I haven't finished that one yet

Pages (most important/feat performers)
Feats (I doubt the first two can be calculated properly, the sprites in sim mode are more like icons than accurately proportioned representations)
I dunno what else to put here now, have fun

Last edited:
Pages looks fairly good, but I'd remove the word "Composite" given that The Master and Tanzra from Actraiser 2 is the same from Actraiser 1. Composite implies it's merged with Renaissance and what not.

But other than that, the proposals look good.

Pages looks fairly good, but I'd remove the word "Composite" given that The Master and Tanzra from Actraiser 2 is the same from Actraiser 1. Composite implies it's merged with Renaissance and what not.
Yeah I just noted composite because the 1st and 2nd games' relationship is kinda debatable, I've seen ActRaiser 2 be called any combination of a sequel, prequel or just a standalone story with a similar template to the first game.

I think from a chronological perspective, it's actually a prequal iirc. It kind of follows that backstory of the 1st in which the Master used to be at his prime and fought Tanzra before. But Renaissance is a reboot for sure and a different continuity.

I mean I personally don't know about the series but the profiles and justifications seem solid enough to me

Pages seem good overall and I love to see old videogames indexed, so good job, however here's a few issues.
  • I don't agree with the 4-A feat, and on unrelated news today ends with -y. But jokes aside, as I understand the context of the boss rush is that you get teleported to various boss arenas, right? If that is the case Tanzra could very well be teleporting you to some pre-existing place instead of creating it, whether that place is just a natural occurrence or something he might have created over time, so I don't agree with the assumptions that lead to 4-A. It's possible that he created it but I don't think that should be the assumption.
  • I'm not sure about The Master being much more powerful than Tanzra and his goons given that he ultimately lost to them, individually stronger, sure, but they did beat him so ultimately they should be comparable.
  • Scans of the booklet should be added to the pages via imgur or directly uploading to the wiki, then linking them.
  • Ideally renders should be upscaled so that they don't look blurry.
  • Also, Tanzra's name in Japan is Satan and The Master is God, which ones should we go with?

Last edited:
Actually, I know ProtoDude once had him listed as 4-A under the assumption that Tanzra created it, and I've even heard arguments for Low 2-C given the Master is God, but I still found no sources for those. Worst case scenario is just just upscale them from the Angel.
The Master is above Tanzra in his peak, but not overwhelmingly so.
Rules against Discordapp and other not so reliable image sourcing platforms are in order yes, Imgur, Gyazo, or direct upload to Fandom should take priority yes.
Tanzra and The Master are their Americanized names due to Nintendo of America's sensitivity to religious controversy, but Europe and Japan both call them Satan and God respectively. I think the fact that those are their canon names + international should take priority.

Can you explain why they "should be comparable"? A lot of threads have this issue
The Sim monsters are all superhuman monsters/demons and minions of Tanzra in the same vein as the ones from Act mode, and the Angel is around the speed of them, rather simple. They also display speeds like that on their own, being able to fly across the towns, vast deserts, mountains and all that in seconds.
Also, Tanzra's name in Japan is Satan and The Master is God, which ones should we go with?
I'd go with the localized ones tbh, "The Master" and "Tanzra" are probably gonna be the names people here are more familiar with for the Actraiser characters and it helps to differentiate them from other characters named after God and Satan on this wiki.
I don't agree with the 4-A feat, and on unrelated news today ends with -y. But jokes aside, as I understand the context of the battle is that you get teleported to various boss arenas, right? If that is the case Tanzra could very well be teleporting you to some pre-existing place instead of creating it, whether that place is just a natural occurrence or something he might have created over time, so I don't agree with the assumptions that lead to 4-A. It's possible that he created it but I don't think that should be the assumption.
Yeah that definitely sounded like a baseless assumption the way I presented it, my bad. Here's my actual evidence and stuff.

The Death Heim arenas aren't even the Guardians' actual fight locations. For all of the Death Heim arenas, the background is the same, with a mountain range and a solar eclipse, even for seemingly indoor locations. Their actual fight locations have unique backgrounds. With how Death Heim looks on the world map, it doesn't even seem right for the arenas to just be physical compartments built onto the mountain range. Furthermore, the Guardians in the Death Heim arenas are, y'know, alive. After you exploded each of them. And not only that, they're faster and stronger than their real counterparts.

For Tanzra, it just doesn't make sense to me that he just teleported the Master to some random region of outer space for the final battle, it frankly sounds silly. There's the wavy background, that's of course not how space works, and the Master walking and jumping on nothing. Further evidence that this is a supernatural location and not just regular outer space comes in the Minotaur's boss arena. This arena has a very similar wavy outer space background to Tanzra's arena, yet it takes place underground in a cave dungeon.

Finally, there's the boss rush hub itself. When the Master is about to be teleported to someone's fight, that statue's eyes and forehead gem light up, and when you kill them their eyes and forehead gem go out completely. When you kill Tanzra, the statues all disappear and the bleak night becomes glorious day. These are definitely the ones most in vein of "context clues", but the latter especially implies to me that everything there except the mountain itself was created by Tanzra, and is destroyed along with him.

and on unrelated news today ends with -y.
I don't get it

Yeah that definitely sounded like a baseless assumption the way I presented it, my bad. Here's my actual evidence and stuff.

The Death Heim arenas aren't even the Guardians' actual fight locations. For all of the Death Heim arenas, the background is the same, with a mountain range and a solar eclipse, even for seemingly indoor locations. Their actual fight locations have unique backgrounds. With how Death Heim looks on the world map, it doesn't even seem right for the arenas to just be physical compartments built onto the mountain range. Furthermore, the Guardians in the Death Heim arenas are, y'know, alive. After you exploded each of them. And not only that, they're faster and stronger than their real counterparts.

For Tanzra, it just doesn't make sense to me that he just teleported the Master to some random region of outer space for the final battle, it frankly sounds silly. There's the wavy background, that's of course not how space works, and the Master walking and jumping on nothing. Further evidence that this is a supernatural location and not just regular outer space comes in the Minotaur's boss arena. This arena has a very similar wavy outer space background to Tanzra's arena, yet it takes place underground in a cave dungeon.

Finally, there's the boss rush hub itself. When the Master is about to be teleported to someone's fight, that statue's eyes and forehead gem light up, and when you kill them their eyes and forehead gem go out completely. When you kill Tanzra, the statues all disappear and the bleak night becomes glorious day. These are definitely the ones most in vein of "context clues", but the latter especially implies to me that everything there except the mountain itself was created by Tanzra, and is destroyed along with him.
This does make a lot more sense but I am still skeptical. There's definitely some space fuckery going on here, that much is sure, and that does add some credibility but there is still a lot of other interpretations possible. Quite honestly given the evidence presented it could be that Death Helm contains a sky within it somehow, and that could very well mean Tanzra created the thing overtime. Teleporting someone to a random place for a fight is silly sure but I don't think it's any sillier than creating a pocket dimension just for the sake of fighting someone, it's kind of a goofy move either way so I wouldn't use that.

The night vanishing at the end could also imply it all to be an illusion. Though it could also be a worthwhile feat for these characters, I'm not sure how we treat this sort of thing.
I don't get it
Bit of joking about how I've often been against this kinda feat in the past, dw about it.

This does make a lot more sense but I am still skeptical. There's definitely some space fuckery going on here, that much is sure, and that does add some credibility but there is still a lot of other interpretations possible. Quite honestly given the evidence presented it could be that Death Helm contains a sky within it somehow, and that could very well mean Tanzra created the thing overtime. Teleporting someone to a random place for a fight is silly sure but I don't think it's any sillier than creating a pocket dimension just for the sake of fighting someone, it's kind of a goofy move either way so I wouldn't use that.
That's the fun thing about art, it's all subjective. Especially when it's a 90's video game where the devs were probably more interested in making innovative, fun gameplay than how the boss rush works in-universe. Any interpretation is valid, but I do still think for the purposes of what we're doing here, my thing is the most sound, unless there is a more compelling interpretation that better fits the evidence.

That's the fun thing about art, it's all subjective. Especially when it's a 90's video game where the devs were probably more interested in making innovative, fun gameplay than how the boss rush works in-universe. Any interpretation is valid, but I do still think for the purposes of what we're doing here, my thing is the most sound, unless there is a more compelling interpretation that better fits the evidence.
Well, yeah, it is subjective, but I do disagree that your interpretation is necessarily more valid, the place having been like that for longer is just as valid in my book if not more so, and ultimately when something is unclear we do not go with the higher rating.

Well, yeah, it is subjective, but I do disagree that your interpretation is necessarily more valid, the place having been like that for longer is just as valid in my book if not more so, and ultimately when something is unclear we do not go with the higher rating.
Oh I was never arguing that he was making the arenas on the fly or anything, but that he did prepare everything like that ahead of time. The timeframe in which everything was created is unquantifiable of course, but I have a feeling that's the case for plenty of feats like this that were accepted.

Well, they shouldn't be, overtime feats are not applicable to AP.

Well, they shouldn't be, overtime feats are not applicable to AP.
And there's no way to know if Tanzra had made this realm in days, hours, seconds or instantly, nothing implies any timeframe. All that's known here is he had created a realm with a buncha wavy stars, which is a 4-A feat.
This is going in circles now, so I'll just leave it at this until someone else joins and adds something.

Last edited:
There are occasions were overtime feats can be calculated based on energy per second, but if the timeframe is unknown or we do not know the method. It may be paced more on creating planets or stars one by one over time rather than based on energy per second. But in the end, it's still rather vague.

creating planets or stars one by one over time rather than based on energy per second. But in the end, it's still rather vague.
We don't really even know if that happened. Imo 7-C or whatever the god tiers have is better

Also, Tanzra's name in Japan is Satan and The Master is God, which ones should we go with
I personally prefer listing the name in Japanese version and name in English version, though it is case-by-case.

By the way, here is the manual:

Though it may only applied to English version and I heard that it is originally in Japanese. The game may be in Magical Kids Doropie situation (the original version and the localized version are greatly different), but I have other things to do.

Though it may only applied to English version and I heard that it is originally in Japanese. The game may be in Magical Kids Doropie situation (the original version and the localized version are greatly different), but I have other things to do.
It seems that the Japanese manual has the same overall story, it just maybe goes into a bit more detail. I played a bit of the JP version and looked stuff up about it, and it seems it isn't majorly different from the US, it just has different aesthetics and names and overall worse gameplay.

Here, I found a brief manual of ActRaiser in Japanese. Sadly, search result in Google may not enough. (And many of the results lead to shopping website)

It seems Funnimane may have gone inactive. I was thinking about this thread, maybe we should try to get a conclusion, and apply the profiles anyways? It seems like a bit of a shame for all that work to go to waste.

I've been interested in Quintet's games recently, been playing Terranigma. Quite fun, might end up making profiles for that too.

Last edited:
I have played the remake for Actraiser, I personally really liked it but some old fans were disappointed with some aspects. They mostly didn't like the Tower Defense parts. Also, as for other games made by that same company, Illusion of Gaia is also like one of the best games ever made.

I'm planning to play the whole Soul Blazer/Gaia/Terranigma series at minimum, I was also interested in Robotrek and Planet Laika, which recently got a translation.

Should I give a playthrough of the remake a quick look, swap around scans to update the profiles, and then we can resume talks on the 4-A stuff? Although it seems like they added a bunch of stuff, which might be annoying to figure out

Last edited:
Yeah, that does show some consistency; and yeah, their names were God and Satan/The Devil in the original Japanese version as well as in Europe; Nintendo of America insisted on the name change due to them being very sensitive about religious controversies at the time.

Fun fact, Illusion of Gaia is MatPat's 3rd favorite game of all time at least back in 2013, but unsure if it's unchanged but even in his most consistent videos he was consistent with his top 2.
image.png

Work's almost finished on Terranigma, protagonist's gonna be 9-A | 8-C | 8-C | High 6-A which I think is quite funny. Might begin to check out Soul Blazer tomorrow
So Ark's Multi Continent, eh? Hmmm, makes sense Terranigma was about rebuilding the surface of the Planet and all. And all the talks are about how the planet had two faces.

Holy crap, the Soulblazer triology was goooooooood

Alright, I beat Soul Blazer. Honestly, it's a really fun game, a lot simpler than Terranigma obviously but it's really good at what it does, nice lil' dungeon crawler.

Feats-wise, there may be a 4-A/3-A/Low 2-C one at the end (as the final boss dies, the realm he's in disappears, and also the souls you use to cast spells seal it away, in fact it's possible they may be responsible for the above disappearance? it's not very clear and the poor translation doesn't help things), although I'm not sure if it'd be more than ED. I'll come to look back at it when I'm done with the other games, I suppose, though looking at a (kinda crummy) fan retranslation, I think it might be viable. For the rest, just 9-B stuff.

Posted the Terranigma profiles, btw.

Last edited:
Been playing Illusion of Gaia, it's quite fun too, though the translation is very bad, which is a shame since the story's interesting when it's not getting in the way.

I might have spoiled myself a little, and I think I was too hasty in posting the Terranigma pages, it seems it's not as standalone as I thought (Spoilers for all three games: They share the same final boss. It's also said Will is stronger than the Soul Blazer, which depending on how one interprets that (it's not clear who is saying it, whether the boss you've just beaten, who only fought an early game Blazer, Gaia, who is probably a reliable source, or the Master, who is definitely reliable) might completely change the latter two games' scaling, or not at all).

Back