• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About transcending all concepts

Could be resistance, control, a mindset or tier 1/0, is all dependent on context, without it, it means nothing

As in, what is this transcendence about, what it gives thw character or means there.

If i say that i transcend time to someone that wants to freeze me in time, my transcendence gives me resistance to time manip, since i basically said "don't try it"

If i say i transcend space because i need to go somewhere quickly/go to another dimension, i get teleportation or dimensional travel, since it will help me.

If the character transcends spacetime while the topic is about the cosmology, he is above it.

In this case, i think this guy would be limited to the concepts shown/relevant to the series, if they bring up mathematic, time, space, life, etc he would trascend those, then we need to see what is this transcendence about

As in, what is this transcendence about, what it gives thw character or means there.

If i say that i transcend time to someone that wants to freeze me in time, my transcendence gives me resistance to time manip, since i basically said "don't try it"

If i say i transcend space because i need to go somewhere quickly/go to another dimension, i get teleportation or dimensional travel, since it will help me.

If the character transcends spacetime while the topic is about the cosmology, he is above it.

In this case, i think this guy would be limited to the concepts shown/relevant to the series, if they bring up mathematic, time, space, life, etc he would trascend those, then we need to see what is this transcendence about
All concepts are relevant in any series

Massive assumption there, concept of doors is not relevant compared to the concept of space for instance, and again, is about context, especially with a hyperbolic statement like that, not all swries are gonna be aware that certain concepts are a thing or include them, and assuming without proof is headcanon

Massive assumption there, concept of doors is not relevant compared to the concept of space for instance, and again, is about context, especially with a hyperbolic statement like that, not all swries are gonna be aware that certain concepts are a thing or include them, and assuming without proof is headcanon
Why would I assume a series' narration isn't aware that dimensions exist?

And for the record, I'm talking about a statement of someone being stated to transcend all concepts

Transcending all concepts on its own is in no way valid for tiering purposes. It can lead to a massive NLF due it being not properly described.

You can just say, they transcend the concept of Infinity and the concept of Higher Infinites and the concept of Tiering. You can also say they transcend the concept of transcendence, and the concept of transcending transcendence, and the concept of Absolute Infinity, and the concept of mathmatics, and the concept of...

It's never-ending, it's a statement that spirals and couldn't even be properly tiered.

No, it isn't. The ways to reach 1-A are listed on the tiering page and explanation page.
Characters who can affect objects with a number of dimensions equal to the cardinal aleph-2, which in practical terms also equals a level that completely exceeds Low 1-A structures to the same degree that they exceed High 1-B and below. This can be extrapolated to larger cardinal numbers as well, such as aleph-3, aleph-4, and so on, and works in much the same way as 1-C and 1-B in that regard. Characters who stand an infinite number of steps above baseline 1-A are to have a + modifier in their Attack Potency section (Outerverse level+).

Sounds like transcending the concept of aleph-2 is outerversal

Transcending all concepts on its own is in no way valid for tiering purposes. It can lead to a massive NLF due it being not properly described.

You can just say, they transcend Infinity and Higher Infinites and Tiering. You can also say they transcend the concept of transcendence, and the concept of transcending transcendence, and the concept of Absolute Infinity, and the concept of mathmatics, and the concept of...

It's never-ending, it's a statement that spirals and couldn't even be properly tiered.
Why not just use the default assumption?

Because you need more than just a single statement saying they transcend all concepts. We need to know how they transcend them, and in what way. How big is the verses Cosmology and do its concepts reach Tier 0 or beyond in scope? The vague statement "Transcends all concepts" is not nearly enough to grasp anything. It would be impossible to come to any kind of consenses.

Because your assumption is it transcends dimensionality itself. On this wiki, you need evidence that it actually does (a statement, a feat, something) besides the incredibly vague "Transcends all concepts"
Whats the default assumption then

Because you need more than just a single statement saying they transcend all concepts. We need to know how they transcend them, and in what way. How big is the verses Cosmology and do its concepts reach Tier 0 or beyond in scope? The vague statement "Transcends all concepts" is not nearly enough to grasp anything. It would be impossible to come to any kind of consenses.
Transcending in this context is not being bound by those limitations, and why is it vague?

Whats the default assumption then
The above that people talk about, a resistance to Conceptual Manipulation and, if you're being charitable, a tier above the current dimensionality they stand at. That's why "transcending spacetime" without further context gives a human Low 1-C

The above that people talk about, a resistance to Conceptual Manipulation and, if you're being charitable, a tier above the current dimensionality they stand at. That's why "transcending spacetime" without further context gives a human Low 1-C
Is transcending all concepts of dimensions 1-A here

Sounds like transcending the concept of aleph-2 is outerversal
You asked whether or not is transcending all concepts 1-A, not if transcending ℵ2 is 1-A. More specifically, being ℵ2 and above in reference to a higher dimensional scale is 1-A. For example, there's a difference between destroying ℵ0 universes (2-A) and being ℵ0 dimensional (High 1-B). In other words, the verse would have to be using higher infinities in a way that would grant them 1-A or something higher. "Transcending" ℵ1 could range from Low 1-C all the way up to Low 1-A depending on the hypothetical context at hand.

I kinda went on rambling there, but in reference to your actual response, no, the tiering page does not support the idea that "transcending all concepts" is 1-A, because concepts aren't tier-able unless further context is given. The quote you sent doesn't even mention "all concepts", just higher infinities.
There's no default assumption.

You asked whether or not is transcending all concepts 1-A, not if transcending ℵ2 is 1-A. More specifically, being ℵ2 and above in reference to a higher dimensional scale is 1-A. For example, there's a difference between destroying ℵ0 universes (2-A) and being ℵ0 dimensional (High 1-B). In other words, the verse would have to be using higher infinities in a way that would grant them 1-A or something higher. "Transcending" ℵ1 could range from Low 1-C all the way up to Low 1-A depending on the hypothetical context at hand.

I kinda went on rambling there, but in reference to your actual response, no, the tiering page does not support the idea that "transcending all concepts" is 1-A, because concepts aren't tier-able unless further context is given. The quote you sent doesn't even mention "all concepts", just higher infinities.

There's no default assumption.
What context is needed then? And how can there be no default assumption when you just made one?

What context is needed then?
Context as I just explained. Higher infinities aren't used the same way across fiction, and neither are (especially) "concepts". Manipulating or transcending concepts literally is not tier-able alone unless it's stated or shown in verse how strong that level of power would actually be.
And how can there be no default assumption when you just made one?
I never made a default assumption, I explained to you how higher infinities are used, and the fact that someone "transcending all concepts" is quite literally unable to be tiered without further in-verse elaboration.

Context as I just explained. Higher infinities aren't used the same way across fiction, and neither are (especially) "concepts". Manipulating or transcending concepts literally is not tier-able alone unless it's stated or shown in verse how strong that level of power would actually be.

I never made a default assumption, I explained to you how higher infinities are used, and the fact that someone "transcending all concepts" is quite literally unable to be tiered without further in-verse elaboration.
How strong do you think transcending the concept of aleph 2 dimensions is?

You assumed that it was unable to be tiered, sounds like an assumption

Back