• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the Ghost from the Pokemon series

Sans2345

He/Him
27458.png

I was wondering if the Ghost from Pokemon Red and Blue and Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee would fit on vs battles wiki because i think it can scale to other Pokemon.

It wasn’t a glitch, it was a stand in for certain Ghost Pokémon when you couldn’t identify them yet.

I do believe it battled some Pokemon, so that’s a good feat. It should also have access to whatever Pokemon it turned out to be’s abilities and feats.

It also happens to be a unique version of a specific Pokemon, which means we’d probably want to make one of those Tab things that link it onto the original. Also, is the ghost from LetsGo the same as in Red/Blue/Etc., since they essentially follow the same storyline? I never found the Canonocity of that game,

IIRC, in the original games at least, all Pokemon in Lavender Tower are displayed as ghosts until you obtain the Silph Scope, & Pokemon are stated as too scared to move when trying to battle other such "Ghosts". Unsure if this is true for the Cubone Wild Encounters, too, but either way, Fear Manipulation?

IIRC, in the original games at least, all Pokemon in Lavender Tower are displayed as ghosts until you obtain the Silph Scope, & Pokemon are stated as too scared to move when trying to battle other such "Ghosts". Unsure if this is true for the Cubone Wild Encounters, too, but either way, Fear Manipulation?
Yeah and would it be non-corporeal?

Yeah and would it be non-corporeal?

"Non-Corporeal (or Incorporeal) beings are those who have no true physical form. Though they may have physical avatars or bodies, but their true essence exists non-physically, whether as a soul, as energy, or as an abstract concept. Being non-corporeal is very different than Intangibility, as an intangible being's body is their true body, it just can't be affected by conventional physical forces. A non-corporeal being does not usually have any kind of concrete, defined form, and can appear in many different forms if they wish, though the destruction of these bodies is of little relevance to the entity behind them."

So yeah. My understanding is limited, since it's unclear what the "true essence" of a Ghost Pokemon is. Is it the body it has when it was alive, or the physical form?
However, it probably will qualify for Intangibility, based on ghosts often being so in a lot of other fiction....

But we'd need more evidence that the Ghosts you can get as Random Encounters in Lavender Tower until you get the Silph Scope are intangible, I think.

If my memory, they're just so scary Pokemon aren't able to will themselves to attack the "Ghosts". We'd need evidence the attacks don't affect them or that they can go through walls & such.
& even then, the ghosts are all Gastly, or rarely Haunter or also rarely, Cubone, the former two of which have several abilities related to intangibility, but don't have evidence for being 100% intangible, & Gastly having evidence AGAINST Gastly being 100% intangible, if my memory serves.

"Non-Corporeal (or Incorporeal) beings are those who have no true physical form. Though they may have physical avatars or bodies, but their true essence exists non-physically, whether as a soul, as energy, or as an abstract concept. Being non-corporeal is very different than Intangibility, as an intangible being's body is their true body, it just can't be affected by conventional physical forces. A non-corporeal being does not usually have any kind of concrete, defined form, and can appear in many different forms if they wish, though the destruction of these bodies is of little relevance to the entity behind them."

So yeah. My understanding is limited, since it's unclear what the "true essence" of a Ghost Pokemon is. Is it the body it has when it was alive, or the physical form?
However, it probably will qualify for Intangibility, based on ghosts often being so in a lot of other fiction....

But we'd need more evidence that the Ghosts you can get as Random Encounters in Lavender Tower until you get the Silph Scope are intangible, I think.

If my memory, they're just so scary Pokemon aren't able to will themselves to attack the "Ghosts". We'd need evidence the attacks don't affect them or that they can go through walls & such.
& even then, the ghosts are all Gastly, or rarely Haunter or also rarely, Cubone, the former two of which have several abilities related to intangibility, but don't have evidence for being 100% intangible, & Gastly having evidence AGAINST Gastly being 100% intangible, if my memory serves.
In the let's go games they can go through walls while slowly homing in on the player.

Also when the player makes contact with the ghosts they get sent back to the first floor which is basically teleportation

Presumably. Is there any dialogue associated with it? I'd give it a likely since teleportation seems like the simplest answer, but there's other possibilities, although I'm not sure I'd believe them as readily. (Ran down to the first floor in a crazed panic. Forcefully moved down via telekinesis, grabbing & carrying or possession/body control, presuming the ghosts want you to leave.)
In any case, is there evidence other wild Pokemon's overworld sprites can not travel through walls? Without such evidence, I'd be concerned it's game mechanics.

Presumably. Is there any dialogue associated with it? I'd give it a likely since teleportation seems like the simplest answer, but there's other possibilities, although I'm not sure I'd believe them as readily. (Ran down to the first floor in a crazed panic. Forcefully moved down via telekinesis, grabbing & carrying or possession/body control, presuming the ghosts want you to leave.)
In any case, is there evidence other wild Pokemon's overworld sprites can not travel through walls? Without such evidence, I'd be concerned it's game mechanics.
In the original no but in the let's go games yes also how would it be game mechanics it would just be intangibility also i think it's legit just teleportation in my thoughts.

What's the dialogue associated with ghosts causing the player to go to the first floor?
As said, I'd currently more readily believe teleportation than other possibilities, but I still think it's important to scrutinize.

What's the dialogue associated with ghosts causing the player to go to the first floor?
As said, I'd currently more readily believe teleportation than other possibilities, but I still think it's important to scrutinize.
"Get out... Begone..."

Back