• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Non-Combatant Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
I don't know if this was brought up before. But I just want to know about why we have so many non-combatant files. By non-combatants I mean characters from series in which they do not fight or ever use these abilities.

Now this may not be a problem. I am just bringing this up to gather opinions.

Despite the name, this is currently mainly intended to be a character statistics wiki. It does not matter if said characters are fighters or not.

I'm not agreed with non-combatant profiles, isn't like the profiles are bad but using them in vsthread are pretty useless; with non-combatant profiles I'm refering to: franchises where the toon force is a recurring features, avariable for any character, and when there's no actually fights scenes.

Well, I am definitely strongly opposed to starting to mass-delete lots of character profiles just because they do not fight enough. It seems overly strict and discriminatory.

I'm don't want to delete the pages, or at least expecting that, just to avoid any vsthread with those kind of characters since are pointless (like using 1-A fights)

What Ant said. Times 100 If I remember correctly, doesn't most of our tier 1's not fight, like Umineko and I/O? I could be very wrong.

It's nice for a sense of completion I guess? I don't have a issue with it aslong as they're pretty relevent to the story as we're a character indexing wiki before anything else. Though I don't think we want (or need) a profile for every character seen that only has a name and a few cameos to work with.

The real cal howard said:
What Ant said. Times 100 If I remember correctly, doesn't most of our tier 1's not fight, like Umineko and I/O? I could be very wrong.
Umineko characters fight. I mean, characters like Featherine don't, but others certainly do (i.e. Battler vs Bernkastel).

Haven't played through I/O.

I like it being there for being a source of "oh hey, so this insert tsundere name is actually this strong" reactions.

I dislike it in that there's not much use for them, but then again, tier 1's.

Maybe we can have a "non-combatant" tag? Just for the characters who don't really fight beyond bullying insert pathetic main character here.

And yeah, what LordAiz said, we're a character indexing wiki first.

Only thing I'd like to see is "no joke/toonforce characters allowed" since it's really a pain in the behind to gauge which is outlier and which is not.

Well, we have very few toonforce profiles.

In any case, some characters are just written that way. What's important is we give character a more thoughtful consideration and anylasis when determining their powers and abilities, statsitics, etc. Regardless if they are combative or not.

Antvasima said:
Well, I am definitely strongly opposed to starting to mass-delete lots of character profiles just because they do not fight enough. It seems overly strict and discriminatory.
I think you may misunderstand. Someone from a shonen or comic is obviously gonna have a file. However, characters like the one from the link I posted above just seems out of place here. But of course I believe it may be too much and kinda unfair to get rid of these characters. I just wanted to gather opinions on this subject. No trying to cause a stir.

Guys this is staff only. Plus I posted a link to one of the files I felt like didn't fit.

Antvasima said:
Despite the name, this is currently mainly intended to be a character statistics wiki. It does not matter if said characters are fighters or not.
I entirely agree with Ant on this. Fighting is not the number one priority of this site. And going about banning characters because they don't fight enough will require massive time, energy and work on staff, reduce the enjoyability of making profiles and grant us no tangible benefit.

Also Adam Conover is a poor example in my opinion. He has a variety of powers, abilities, feats and showings that can be properly analyzed (again, this is a statistics and power indexing site, not a fighting site.)

No disrespect or offense intended at all but I feel this thread comes from a misunderstanding of what the wiki is about. Like Ant said, this is a site that mainly focusses on indexing, not fighting.

Well like I said I was just giving my opinions. And also no offense taken. Also with Adam I just feel that he just doesn't fit in a vs battle. Not in the indexing part, but just the battle part. But you are also right. I think I may have interpreted this site a little differently than what it is intended to be.

I strongly agree with Ryukama. The non-fighting profiles do not cause any harm. As long as they are notable characters they should be able to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back