• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Irenic's feat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kepekley23

VS Battles
Retired
Currently, we use the Bayonetta wiki to support the interpretation that the human world is synonimous with the universe in the Bayonetta series, thus upgrading Irenic (a fodder) to MFTL+

However, I copied and pasted this:

"The plane of reality in which humans live, also known as a realm of chaos before Aesir brought order to it with his rule. He would eventually split his power into the Eyes of the World and allow humans to choose their own destiny. The Human World is mostly unaware of the true nature of the world, save for the Umbra Witches and Lumen Sages who were given the knowledge of their universe's true nature in order to oversee its history."

On Google and couldn't find it literally anywhere outside of that specific wiki. Does anyone know where this came from, if it's stated in the series or if it's just a fan interpretation? Because if it's the latter, we can't exactly accept it.

I copied and pasted the first sentence ("The plane of reality in which humans live, also known as a realm of vhaos Aesir brought order to it") and found a similar thing on wikiquote's Bayonetta 2 page. However, it states this:

"The Legend of Aesir... A legend from the dawn of time. Nobody knows where the world came from. A struggle caused the Trinity of Realities to be split into three realms: light, darkness, and chaos. Obviously, our world was the one born from chaos. The three worlds all needed rulers. Most of all, ours. And the one that ruled the chaos became known as Aesir. Aesir spent the first eternity quietly looking upon the Earth from his holy mountain."

This is a problem, because this flat-out implies that the realm of Chaos, which IS the human world, is the Earth and not the universe. And this is a quote from the game.

In short, what should we do here?

Its cut directly from the in-game guide, i'll try to find a video that goes through it because unfortunately thy dont have screenshots on the wiki for some bizarre reason.

And just a heads up, this is a legend told by Luka, every other source comes from someone with actual accurate knowledge about the verse's cosmology, like Rodin and Balder

Isn't that the scan for Irenic's speed? I was talking about the Bayo wiki's statement that the human world = the universe.

Shit I forgot about this...sorry...

I'm at work right now so I'll get it to you when i get home. don't let me forget

Matthew Schroeder said:
IfeelthatIrenicfeatisanoutlier.
Can we please not go there.

Also you agreed with the feat the last time it being an outlier was brought up, you hypocrite.

Itjustfeelsweird.

Because even Jubileus' feat is like lower than that by orders of magnitude. And Irenic is a fodder who would make everyone and their mom faster than the next best speed feat of the Verse which is a god-tier feat.

@Matt

That doesn't make it an outlier.

Not every "best feat" performed by fodder is an outlier.

Is 3-A Goku suddenly an outlier because Black's best feats are Tier 8? (Yes not exactly comparable but you get my point)

An argument somebody actually made somewhere:

DMC is a Kamiya-work. Human World means universe there.

Bayonetta is a Kamiya-work. Human World means ______ there.

The Everlasting said:
@Matt
That doesn't make it an outlier.

Not every "best feat" performed by fodder is an outlier.

Is 3-A Goku suddenly an outlier because Black's best feats are Tier 8? (Yes not exactly comparable but you get my point)
You yourself admit that it is a false equivalency.

But the answer in that case is no because with DB there is a clear power progression that makes the 3-A not an outlier in the first place.

High-end MFTL+ fodders in Bayonetta throws the whole power-progression out of wack.

Not really.

Again, feat performed by fodder that surpasses the feats of higher tiered characters doesn't cause inconsistencies.

Powerscaling is a thing.

I guess a better comparison would be like if a Goomba had a Quadrillions Times FTL feat but Mario's best feats were only a couple thousand FTL at best

Irenic being that fast isn't an outlier, it just means everything else is that fast or faster, that's how powerscalling works

Everybody is forgetting the fact that the feat itself still has to be proven.

I would REALLY appreciate it if you guys waited until I get out of work so I can give you the proof of its legitimacy

@Weekly

You can take your time, of course. Just a reminder.

@Ever

lol

My personal gripe with Irenic's feat is that you can argue the "powerscaling" thing for almost all franchises that have a fodder somehow doing something that's light-years above the god-tiers.

I'm fine with whatever we come up with for this, tho.

Kepekley23 said:
My personal gripe with Irenic's feat is that you can argue the "powerscaling" thing for almost all franchises that have a fodder somehow doing something that's light-years above the god-tiers
We already do this though

Guys....not the outlier wars. So much bloodshed.

Anyway, can I ask? What's so different now, than from when this was first accepted?

@Dragon

The confirmation of Irenic's feat being a universe comes from a wiki and not an in-game source, which is unacceptable. Weekly said he'd fetch something from the games, tho.

But seriously, outliers exist. That's why we're not scaling the god tiers of God of War to FTL based on a lightspeed feat from nameless fodders who would get hammered by Ascension Kratos, when even the fastest character in the verse is only relativistic (unless you count that MFTL+ outlier he has).

I'm not saying Irenic's feat an outlier (well...) just yet, but let's not forget this, please.

@Kep All of the quotes on the wiki are ripped straight from the game. I wouldn't have pushed for this feat to be accepted if they werent.

I know they are from the games, I was just explaining why I made this thread to Dragon.

The human world is the world of chaos, and yet Temperantia separates "this universe" from "chaos", as if they were different things.

Yeah I agree with kepekley in fact I was about to bring this up in my thread about Bayonetta being anywhere near 4-C. Seriously makes no sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back