• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Hulkbuster : 7
Medusa : 0
Incon : 0

8-A versions used
Combat Warden used
Speed equalized
Fight takes place in a military base, 10 meters apart

I got lucky to find this matchup. I hope it's viable

Last edited:
Medusa is at a slight disadvantage here. The Hbuster is a robot so the petrification and poison won't work and the Hbuster has missiles that can reach her from a distance and follow her should she try to evade them

Medusa is at a slight disadvantage here. The Hbuster is a robot so the petrification and poison won't work and the Hbuster has missiles that can reach her from a distance and follow her should she try to evade them
However these guys aren't exactly the most skilled. They got beaten by a guy who mostly relies on brute force so at least there's that

It depends on wether or not Medusa can reach it then. If she can, they're of equivalent strength but she's a deadly combattant, both in hand-to-hand combat and the use of weapons (at the very least stuff like swords) so she would get the advantage while dodging strikes (avoiding electricity then)

It depends on wether or not Medusa can reach it then. If she can, they're of equivalent strength but she's a deadly combattant, both in hand-to-hand combat and the use of weapons (at the very least stuff like swords) so she would get the advantage while dodging strikes (avoiding electricity then)
These guys also have homing missiles in case they need to retreat though as you said, Medusa does have the hand-to-hand advantage

So basically, all of this comes down to wether or not Medusa can protect herself (one way or another) or dodge the missile and close the distance, at wich point she will have the advantage

So basically, all of this comes down to wether or not Medusa can protect herself (one way or another) or dodge the missile and close the distance, at wich point she will have the advantage
Hulk who is mostly a brute could figure out how to avoid it by dodging at the last second. Assuming Medusa is a skilled warrior, she'll probably be able to figure it out. It is still a hindrance but at least it's avoidable

And just to get this concluded

Snake Hair Warrior FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

However these guys aren't exactly the most skilled. They got beaten by a guy who mostly relies on brute force so at least there's that
I'm sorry what... They deal with a CREATURE who grows stronger the angrier he gets and is a highly skilled fighter (be it in the game or damn near anywhere else)... Unless you know NOTHING about the Hulk you know he isn't just a brute.

Is it that easy to convince y'all? Peppersalt didn't even use an argument backed up by proof, Hulk can beat Hulkbusters in lots of ways, nevermind the fact that neither @TheRustyOne or I were brought in as the verse's only supporters for our opinions. It seems to me Peppersalt wanted to add a victory to Medusa's page without actually doing this kind of thing properly...

I'm sorry what... They deal with a CREATURE who grows stronger the angrier he gets and is a highly skilled fighter (be it in the game or damn near anywhere else)... Unless you know NOTHING about the Hulk you know he isn't just a brute.
Well I mean this is a different version of the hulk and I assumed at this point he was merely that but fine, explain

Well I mean this is a different version of the hulk and I assumed at this point he was merely that

Okay so you ASSUMED... That is not an argument, then. Just as you assumed that these guys are dumb, good lord no, the Hulkbusters are seasoned soldiers and highly skilled, and unlike Medusa, actually used to fighting others in their weight class due to their training. You could've argued that due to fighting Diana Medusa is possibly more skilled, or that she arguably has superior AP or whatever, or that her stare should still affect the people in the cockpit, but no, there was no actual argument in her favor used here... Is this how fights usually go in VSBW, 'cause this is incredible lol

@ArkhamDC06 @ThePrimalHunter @Sonicflare9 @Mariogoods @XXKINGXX69 @Vizer04 I welcome you all to revisit this given that your "FRAs" were all for something that wasn't even an argument but a truckload of assumptions.

Okay first of all, "the Hulkbusters are seasoned soldiers and highly skilled", yeah and Medusa is a literally mythological monster capable of fighting Amazons, centuries to thousands-years old female warriors known for being excessively skilled in terms of hand-to-hand combat and weapon mastery (at least melee weapons and range weapons) from their youngest age, all of them being superhumans, and this includes WW who is stronger than other Aamazons and more skilled so I'm pretty sure Medusa is not only heavily skilled but also very likely more skilled as a warrior than some recently born humans in big armors that aren't even their own body (and don't tell me Hulk is more skilled at fighting that a Gorgon who is fighting Amazons, Medusa has the clear advantage here).

Second, I personally put aside the petrification gaze because I thought we were talking about robots, who (naturally) cannot be affected by her power but if we're talking about armors with people in the cockpit, then yes, she can use that.

Three, and most importantly, you don't need to act condescending and rude when pointing out our (possible)mistakes you know?

Last edited:
Okay first of all, "the Hulkbusters are seasoned soldiers and highly skilled", yeah and Medusa is a literally mythological monster capable of fighting Amazons, centuries to thousands-years old female warriors known for being excessively skilled in terms of hand-to-hand combat and weapon mastery (at least melee weapons and range weapons) from their youngest age, all of them being superhumans, and this includes WW who is stronger than other Aamazons and more skilled so I'm pretty sure Medusa is not only heavily skilled but also very likely more skilled as a warrior than some recently born humans in big armors that aren't even their own body (and don't tell me Hulk is more skilled at fighting that a Gorgon who is fighting Amazons, Medusa has the clear advantage here).
Yes, this is an argument I just proposed, and NO ONE ELSE did apart from you just now. I was shocked to see something so obvious in Medusa's favor not being brought up. Hell, no true argument on Medusa's favor was given the proper effort to be written, everyone just agreed to Peppersalt's assumptions.

Me saying the Hulkbusters are piloted by seasoned soldiers is a reply to Peppersalt claiming that these guys aren't skilled, when they are.

Second, I personally put aside the petrification gaze because I thought we were talking about robots
What? Why would you assume they're robots? The page says it right there, they have pilots, and the Hulkbuster units have a retina-intuitive guidance and weapon system which lets Hulkbusters move and react in real time and allows the pilots to keep up and fight evenly with the Hulk, since he's VERY fast.

Three, and most importantly, you don't need to act condescending and rude when pointing out our (possible)mistakes you know?
I don't see where I was condescending, honestly. I was simply shocked by how easily this was added as a victory and loss to the characters' pages without any true arguments, and that it happened in the VSBW forum where they try to be the best at battleboarding. I definitely don't see victors happening without an argument in comic vine or whowouldwin...

I'm going to remove that from their pages given that no one has tried to really argue who wins here.

But as another point for Medusa, she scales from a calc that results in 813.5 tonnes of TNT, the Hulkbusters scale from 577.50 tonnes.

Last edited:
Yes, this is an argument I just proposed, and NO ONE ELSE did apart from you just now. I was shocked to see something so obvious in Medusa's favor not being brought up.
Haven't been on this thread for a while now but I did bring up Medusa's skills
What? Why would you assume they're robots? The page says it right there, they have pilots, and the Hulkbuster units have a retina-intuitive guidance and weapon system which lets Hulkbusters move and react in real time and allows the pilots to keep up and fight evenly with the Hulk, since he's VERY fast.
Thought the pilot thing was about piloting robots from a distance, understanding problems on my part
I don't see where I was condescending, honestly. I was simply shocked by how easily this was added as a victory and loss to the characters' pages without any true arguments, and that it happened in the VSBW forum where they try to be the best at battleboarding. I definitely don't see victors happening without an argument in comic vine or whowouldwin...
That was the feeling I was getting from it, my apologies then
And for the record (personal opinion there), I wouldn't really take whowouldwin as an example when they're saying stuff like Sasuke can beat Sephiroth or are voluntarily ignoring lore feats for characters like Kratos even though these are primordial elements
I'm going to remove that from their pages given that no one has tried to really argue who wins here.
Not a problem for me
But as another point for Medusa, she scales from a calc that results in 813.5 tonnes of TNT, the Hulkbusters scale from 577.50 tonnes.
Good then

I wouldn't really take whowouldwin as an example when they're saying stuff like Sasuke can beat Sephiroth
Oh users there can get stuff wrong all the time and not even bother to look at respect threads, I'm aware. I've done countless Killer Croc respect threads and I still see lots of "durr he jobs to Batman tho" lol

Anyway yeah, regardless of the arguments I've offered I don't truly care who wins, but I did tag TheRustyOne who I think could make a case for the Hulkbusters.

As an aside, being 10 meters apart probably doesn't matter too much when Medusa is this big and the Combat Warden is this big (fourth biggest character in the image). They are relatively similar with Medusa being a big taller, but Medusa doesn't use her stare right away while the Combat Warden is gonna rush her immediately and bombard her with missiles. It's not going to be obvious to her that there are humans in there (unless she senses them or something) so if she doesn't think the Combat Warden is a living being or something guided by living beings she might not even use the stare at all. In comparison to the Combat Warden she is rather sluggish and didn't showcase that much skill, tbf.

Last edited:
Does Medusa have anyway of telling that a human is piloting the machine even if she can't see them? The size height is more clear here, in this picture the Combat Warden is in the Black Color scheme but is the same model/height. And Hulk is 3.65 meters tall.

However Medusa is not Large Size Type 1, this is clearly Type 0. Compare to Wonder Woman she is around 6 meters tall (Assuming Wonder Woman is 6.3 Feet), she need to be over 2X taller to be Type 1 (13 meters). The Combat Warden is at least 5.6 meters (Bending in the picture). Their size is comparable enough that he'd be capable of restraining her. Class M vs Class K, clear winner.

Also the Combat Warden was believed by the military to be capable of defeating the Hulk, despite knowing of his strength for years. They believed it to be unassailable, so they should scale upward from the feat by some amount. Especially since Hulk performed that feat with the shockwave of his clap.

Edit: Actually would her stone gaze even work on them, since they're likely seeing through some kind of camera? The Combat Warden has no glass parts to see through, unlike the other models which has opaque glass which could be one way. While this one has nothing of the sort, they're probably looking through some kind of camera system.

Last edited:
Does Medusa have anyway of telling that a human is piloting the machine even if she can't see them? The size height is more clear here, in this picture the Combat Warden is in the Black Color scheme but is the same model/height. And Hulk is 3.65 meters tall.

However Medusa is not Large Size Type 1, this is clearly Type 0. Compare to Wonder Woman she is around 6 meters tall (Assuming Wonder Woman is 6.3 Feet), she need to be over 2X taller to be Type 1 (13 meters). The Combat Warden is at least 5.6 meters (Bending in the picture). Their size is comparable enough that he'd be capable of restraining her. Class M vs Class K, clear winner.

Also the Combat Warden was believed by the military to be capable of defeating the Hulk, despite knowing of his strength for years. They believed it to be unassailable, so they should scale upward from the feat by some amount. Especially since Hulk performed that feat with the shockwave of his clap.

Edit: Actually would her stone gaze even work on them, since they're likely seeing through some kind of camera? The Combat Warden has no glass parts to see through, unlike the other models which has opaque glass which could be one way. While this one has nothing of the sort, they're probably looking through some kind of camera system.
The gaze works as soon as you look at her period, not looking at her or covering (or destroying) your eyes (and by that I mean you must be perfectly unable to see) are the only way to protect yourself

The gaze works as soon as you look at her period, not looking at her or covering (or destroying) your eyes (and by that I mean you must be perfectly unable to see) are the only way to protect yourself
Can you provide some scans of this?

Like it working through a mirror and a camera?

Actually would her stone gaze even work on them, since they're likely seeing through some kind of camera?
That is an argument to be made. It's not direct line of sight so I imagine she wouldn't be able to do it. Steve got stone gazed but iirc he was looking at her through a rifle's scope, which is very different to the Hulkbuster's targeting system.

That is an argument to be made. It's not direct line of sight so I imagine she wouldn't be able to do it. Steve got stone gazed but iirc he was looking at her through a rifle's scope, which is very different to the Hulkbuster's targeting system.
A rifle scope is no different then looking through glass, the same image but magnified.

A camera works very different, even working through a mirror wouldn't really suggest that it'd work through a camera. Since he isn't looking at a reflection of her, just a series of pixels on a screen that are arranged to look like her. The light from her eyes doesn't reach his own.

Obviously if she has feats of it working than yes, I'd like to seem those feats.

Last edited:
I don't now know what would be the correct answer here.

But I believe that assuming her petrification gaze can work through a camera isn't acceptable without any evidence. So I'll debate with this in mind.

Medusa's Poison is also pretty useless, since she has to beat the Hulkbuster to get to the pilot. And the Combat Warden is very agile, more so than I've seen of her. They can make quick rapid turns, enhances their strikes with electricity, fire homing missiles which can annoy, and restrain her easily with their Lifting Strength advantage.

He's more mobile with flight and has ranged attacks to rely on, such as missiles and electric blast.

Medusa is stronger, but not by a large amount. Especially since the Combat Warden should upscale from 577 Tons by a good amount. Due to Hulk's direct attacks would be stronger than the shockwave they created, and that the military believed these Hulkbusters would defeat him.

Honestly I'm thinking the Combat Warden can take her, unless someone is some absurd god of skill. Hulk may be stupid, but he's a clever fighter. Also Hulkbusters move in real time in response to the pilot, which means they're at least on the level of a highly trained military soldier.

Last edited:
I don't now know what would be the correct answer here.

But I believe that assuming her petrification gaze can work through a camera isn't acceptable without any evidence. So I'll debate with this in mind.

Medusa's Poison is also pretty useless, since she has to beat the Hulkbuster to get to the pilot. And the Combat Warden is very agile, more so than I've seen of her. They can make quick rapid turns, enhances their strikes with electricity, fire homing missiles which can annoy, and restrain her easily with their Lifting Strength advantage.

He's more mobile with flight and has ranged attacks to rely on, such as missiles and electric blast.

Medusa is stronger, but not by a large amount. Especially since the Combat Warden should upscale from 577 Tons by a good amount. Due to Hulk's direct attacks would be stronger than the shockwave they created, and that the military believed these Hulkbusters would defeat him.

Honestly I'm thinking the Combat Warden can take her, unless someone is some absurd god of skill. Hulk may be stupid, but he's a clever fighter. Also Hulkbusters move in real time in response to the pilot, which means they're at least on the level of a highly trained military soldier.
I would say Medusa would get the upper hand in terms of skills but I agree with the rest (especially the poison stuff)

Back