• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Regressor's Tale of Cultivation Questions(spoilers)

TIERS OF CULTIVATION:
Known as the Three Boundaries of Cultivation (修仙三界),
The Great Boundary (大境界) is where one reaches the state of an
immortal. The Middle Boundary (中境界) is close to becoming an
immortal. And the Minor Boundary (小境界) is the beginning of
transcending the mortal path.
The six stages of the Minor Boundary.
Qi Gathering (丹修), Qi Refining (練氣), Qi Building (築氣), Core
Formation (結丹), Nascent Soul (元靈), and Heavenly Being (天人).
The five stages of the Middle Boundary.
Four Pillars (四軸), Integration (合體), Star Shattering (碎星), Star Rebirth
(星槃), and Entering Nirvana (開涅).
The Great Boundary is the stage of True Immortals (眞仙)
Above even those at the True Immortal stage are the Governing Immortals "Those who have transcended the limits and boundaries of True Immortals are called Governing Immortals. They are the Supreme Deities and the Heavenly Venerables, and across all Three Thousand Worlds, there are onlyten such beings. The Six Supreme Deities and the Four Heavenly Venerables are among them."

TIERS OF MARTIAL ARTS:
Third Rate Master
Second Rate Master
First Rate Master
Peak Master(begins to peer into the world of intent as two colors(red: opponent/ blue: weilder)
Three Flowers Gather at the Summit(views the world of intent without limitations of self, can see emotions)
Five Energies Converging at the Origin (Spiritual Root awakening, equivalent to Qi Refining level of power at the start. )
Ultimate Pinnacle (Deungbojogeuk - Reaching the Peak to Create the Ultimate / Realm of fiction)
Beyond the Path to Heaven (Realm above fiction) or First Stage of Manifestation
Treading Heaven Beyond the Path or Second Stage of Manifestation
Beyond Treading Heavens or Third Stage of Manifestation
Fourth Stage of Manifestation
Fifth Stage of Manifestation

alright, so in this verse, Spiritual Energy/Qi/Soul is the flow of Heaven and Earth, which operates the world, and cultivators themselves gather this spiritual energy as the basis of their powers.

Dimensions and Planes
"However, through the Formless Sword, I have gained a deeper understanding of the metaphysical dimension itself"
"The height of water is called the water level. Then, if there is also a height to dimensions, what should it be called?
The term created from such contemplation is precisely ‘plane.’
There is indeed a hierarchy within dimensions.
If one recalls the sensation of handling the Formless Sword, our material world belongs to a lower plane, and as one ascends to higher planes, one can encounter metaphysical essences.
Those who have reached the stage of Nascent Soul can distinguish the planes based on the height of dimensions. When I fought against Yuan Li, and when I fought against other Nascent Soul cultivators. Sometimes, they launch attacks that Core Formation cultivators cannot even perceive with their consciousness, and the principle that allows them to split space and teleport, originates from the sense of distinguishing planes. If one from a higher plane splits the space of a lower plane to attack, or attacks from a higher to a lower plane, then cultivators of lower planes cannot possibly oppose them.
Of course, like Oh Hyun-seok, if one simply concentrates power brutishly, it can be effective even against higher planes, but fundamentally, the reason Nascent Soul cultivators overwhelm Core Formation cultivators is because of such planes."

"Moreover, by using the Formless Sword that transcends planes, I have somewhat grasped the essence of higher planes. So now, Gather Qi (vital force), and cultivate the soul towards the higher plane! Paaatt!Focusing my consciousness and soul essence at the center of my GoldenCore, I begin to connect to a higher plane using the Formless Sword.I’m not revealing the Formless Sword for attack, but harboring it within toreach a higher plane, so there’s no worry of being discovered.I continue to concentrate my consciousness at the center of the GoldenCore, compressing power.Inside the Golden Core, the spiritual energy converges to its apex, strivingto leap towards an even higher plane. And, that moment came.‘Ah…’Suddenly, while contemplating in the center of the Golden Core, I feel as if my will and Qi are intertwining.‘Is this, Nascent Soul…’As consciousness and spiritual energy mix, I suddenly feel a great Yin and Yang circulating within me. Tststs...."Tai Chi..."Tai Chi, in turn, history."

"There are high and low planes in this world.
And these planes are broadly divided into three categories.
The plane of Qi (氣), which has a profound impact on the material and lifeforce of the world.
The plane of Soul (魂), guiding the direction of all things from a position higher than Qi's plane.
And even higher in a remote place, the plane of Fate (命), guiding the truths of the world.
The world is made of these three planes.
Depending on the dimension's hierarchy, existence manifests as Qi, Soul, or Fate. Essentially, Qi, Soul, and Fate are the same.
This aligns with the enlightenment of Beyond the Path to Heavens...
All manifestations are one. That is, Heaven, Earth, and Man are one, the principle reached by Beyond the Path to Heavens. Similarly, all essences are fundamentally one. It's just that the manifestation varies depending on the level of the dimension."

"The Earth Tribe gathers spiritual energy to the extreme within the plane of Qi and builds up their cultivation, while the Heaven Tribe directs their rituals towards the plane of Fate, elevating their existence towards it. The Heart Tribe roams freely within the plane of Soul. It’s only after I became aware of the planes that I finally understand howhumans cultivate to become true immortals.‘From the plane of Qi to the plane of Fate, elevating one's existence from the Qi-born mortals to the realm of Fate, becoming what is known as a True Immortal."

"Added to this, the physical strength obtained through body cultivation, theFormless Sword, drawing on the power of the plane of Qi, possesses overwhelming dominance and transcends to a higher plane, cutting through the essence of the lightning in its very dimension."

"'The space formed by the plane of Qi...'Everything under the heavens. Everything that exists in this world is ultimately determined by the plane. The matter of this world. All physical sciences exist at the bottom of the plane of Qi, a lower dimension of spiritual energy! And such spiritual energies interweave messily, forming the space of this world."

Last edited:
Since spiritual energies make up the material worlds and are therefore the laws(which explain the spiritual power used by the cultivator's translation being also called Law Power), are qi, soul and fate concepts or simply a higher level of laws?

Last edited:
And would those at the nascent soul and higher gain higher dimensional manipulation due to being capable of launching attacks from higher dimensions, or are these not enough to be classified as higher dimensions

Back