• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A question concerning Marvel

Just three questions about this sca and you can close it. Yes it's about Franklin Richards. No i am not scaling anything here. A comment by Uatu says " The Fate of ALL hangs in the Balance " .

First Question : Now, while this is hyperbolic to a degree [ not really, Uatu tends to be VERY serious about this type of thing ] , if we could look up what Uatu knows about [ Which is A LOT ] and what he has done , and compare to the range of those he can affect , would "All" fit under that ?

Second Question : If that is the case, can one argue an AP or at least his potential level with the above ?

Third Question : Also, in that scan, one entity remarks it would be easy to crush the Celestials. Wouldn't this imply that Franklin is A LOT stronger than his previous portrayal in Hickman's Run ?

This is from Chris Claremont's Fantastic Four run in the late 1990s right after Heroes Return.

Claremont has a tendency to use flowery language for hyperbole/dramatic effect.

Franklin has been firmly established as being on a similar scale of power as the Celestials, and that's it.

We cannot upgrade characters to extreme degrees based on offhanded statements that could be interpreted any number of ways.

I already know he is a Celestials equal. Actually I am counting on it for later on. But, like I said before : Child Franklin held back quite a bit when he first fought them [ Including repelling their attacks , BFR them , etcetera ] giving his energy to Adult FR who used it only to revive Galactus and stop the recision wave. They are easily Celestial level . That quote just proved that Franklin is stronger now than in Hickman's Run .

With all due respect Ant ( and you deserve ALL the respect ) actually Uatu's quote, based on heavy implications based on character , his occupation and role, has only 2 interpretations that aren't pure speculation : Everything he observed is in the danger of Franklin's power , and everyone he observed is in danger of Franklin's power. He only would've intervened however if Franklin planned on wiping it out and was doing it right then , but let's remember he sensed all that just from a small bit of his power erupted by a casual, psychic cry. So casual FR >>> Anything Uatu observed before that.

BTW, For references sake, for an upgrade to occur on something of this magnitude , what type of evidence do you need ? Do you want to see the Celestials fighting on every plane of existence [ because I do have a scan on me for this ] ? Do you want to see them portrayed consistently as Eternity's equal ? Would you like to see them portrayed as higher-dimensional ? What proof would you need ?

Uatu's comment should only be considered as referring to the universe, unless anything further is explicitly stated in a very reliable manner.

We need proof that makes sense in the full context of their other appearances.

Back