• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Let's see.

The magic school bus has two win conditions. Time manipulation and turning Courage into light. Gravity is irrelevant since Courage has survived being inside the sun and that sweet Stellar lifting strength helps. Size shifting and any other form of transmutation doesn't work since Courage has shown being capable of simply shape shifting back into his normal form (one of those times turning himself into liquid to do it) and has fought microscopic life forms.

Courage, on the other hand, can't harm the School Bus at all, since it can tank a supernova. That said, if it's susceptible to hypnosis, Courage has a good win condition, being capable of overriding city wide mindhax (potentially planetary) with his own, plus, Courage can outright make it not fight him through the empathy plums, making it happy and friendly with him.

The problem comes with the speed. Courage may have MFTL reactions, but the Bus has that all around. Also, his hypnosis takes time, whereas the Bus can age him to death.

I vote for the Magic School bus based on that.

Ah, didn't saw that.

Doesn't take away from the argument tho. Courage's win condition (that being hypnosis) takes more time than the Bus needs to time manip him.

Although, can the Bus work without the driver? If not, Courage screams and Mrs. Frizzle is... Yeah, a bit dark stuff, lol. That's the other possible win condition I can think for Courage.

From what I can remember, the bus can function on its own, but it personally prefers Ms. Frizzle to be behind the wheel

The bus could still toss Courage into a movie, or just physically overwhelm him with clones... The bus has quite a few different haxes to work with...

courage could also just melt himself out of the bus' grip

also if the bus brought out clones he could just zap them with his ray gun or mindhax them or just plant craploads of quicksand

The buses immersion is a little better than Courage's, quicksand wouldn't do anything since the bus can fly, and the ray gun's effects are mostly useless due to the buses shapeshifting...

Overall this is either a win for the bus, or a tie from what i've seen...

not like the bus' transmutation will work either, courage's shapeshifting also counters that

Courage can escape from computers so idk how he wouldnt escape from a movie, plus he has teleportation

honestly idk if i should lean towards towards inconclusive, both cant really put each other down for good (transmutation wont work due to both having shapeshifting sufficient enough to counter it, the bus is more durable while courage has mid-high regen, the bus wont age or freeze courage at all since he resists both, courage could escape from being trapped in a movie, both have very similar stamina so wearing each other out is easier said than done, etc)

HOWEVER courage has mindhax and possession and the bus can time travel

From what i've seen, the bus uses it's time based abilities quite a lot throughout the show. while Courage usually doesn't use hypnosis that much... This seems pretty darn incon-ish...

Back