• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A battle of Souls

you need non physical interaction to effect curses or in other word the ability to interact with the intengable which is in the soul physiology section.

if you want to argue sementics about well you need cursed energy to kill curses, we have the whole postive energy in jjk which can outright one shot curses which counts as purification something that the shinnigami physiology covers with basic sword swings which purify evil spirits

so all boxes are checked

hisagi can interact with mahito through non-physical interaction, he can outright one shot him through purification and a shinigami he directly effects souls through the use Riatsu so mahitos one trump card his soul CT gets nulfied with a singular slash and he dies

mahito gets stomped

and for further semantics the soul supersedes the nature of curses as a whole as we've learned in maki vs Naoya where the strikes from the soul liberation blade which directly targets the soul fully ignored all durability and even prevented regeneration which is inherit in all cursed spirits, so the moment it becomes a clash of souls its game over.

you need non physical interaction to effect curses or in other word the ability to interact with the intengable which is in the soul physiology section.

if you want to argue sementics about well you need cursed energy to kill curses, we have the whole postive energy in jjk which can outright one shot curses which counts as purification something that the shinnigami physiology covers with basic sword swings which purify evil spirits

so all boxes are checked

hisagi can interact with mahito through non-physical interaction, he can outright one shot him through purification and a shinigami he directly effects souls through the use Riatsu so mahitos one trump card his soul CT gets nulfied with a singular slash and he dies

mahito gets stomped
I was referring to the Information manipulation. Cursed Spirits seem to be made of Information, so I think you need the ability to interact with information IIRC.

the soul superceeds it because we know from mahito and the ending of sukuna vs jogo that curses do infact have a soul

and we've seen what happens in maki vs naoya that if you slash a soul open its game over for a cursed spirit

the soul superceeds it because we know from mahito and the ending of sukuna vs jogo that curses do infact have a soul

and we've seen what happens in maki vs naoya that if you slash a soul open its game over for a cursed spirit
I get that. I'm saying the ability to interact with souls AND information would be required to affect them. Naturally cursed tools or weapons used by Maki who can interact with both would affect a cursed spirit. Or to exorcise them? I can't recall. It'd prolly be better if the person who made the curse pages commented regarding this

I get that. I'm saying the ability to interact with souls AND information would be required to affect them. Naturally cursed tools or weapons used by Maki who can interact with both would affect a cursed spirit. Or to exorcise them? I can't recall. It'd prolly be better if the person who made the curse pages commented regarding this
from my knowledge on JJK curses are not entirly information since vengful spirits are a thing and they are just mainly souls that came back from the cursed realm to... well do some vengence, they are not concepts nor information but just pissed off souls coming back from death

also from what i've seen the information manip might be coming from the CT of the old woman who manipulates the information of the soul but I might be wrong on that one

from my knowledge on JJK curses are not entirly information since vengful spirits are a thing and they are just mainly souls that came back from the cursed realm to... well do some vengence, they are not concepts nor information but just pissed off souls coming back from death

also from what i've seen the information manip might be coming from the CT of the old woman who manipulates the information of the soul but I might be wrong on that one
Not entirely sure myself. Though it is possible vengeful spirits differ from regular cursed spirits. After all, they have different ways of conception. Weak curses are born from negative emotions. Powerful ones like Mahito, Jogo, etc. are created from a collective fear/hate for things such as natural disasters or humans.

I haven't gotten to the Vengeful Spirits yet tho, so I won't comment too much.

Not entirely sure myself. Though it is possible vengeful spirits differ from regular cursed spirits. After all, they have different ways of conception. Weak curses are born from negative emotions. Powerful ones like Mahito, Jogo, etc. are created from a collective fear/hate for things such as natural disasters or humans.

I haven't gotten to the Vengeful Spirits yet tho, so I won't comment too much.
well vangeful spirits are definitly different to regular curses(they are waaaaay more powerful) but the way you see and interact with them is not since regular people can't see them as could be seen in the fact that sword man couldn't see naoya at all.

isn't the info manipulation only necessary to manipulate the soul or affect it with something like CT, while NPI only let you touch them?
if so then Hisagi can at least touch them.

Back