• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Izuku Midoriya vs Katsuki Bakugo

Izuku and Katsuki with Full Cowl 100%, huh?

Let's get this out of the way, first and foremost. They both the same AP and speed, presumably, so that wouldn't be any trouble for them. And, both of them have access to the Detroit Smash, which can cause air pressures strong enough to overpower Nine's storm, so their physicals are obviously greater than that.

(On that note, they should be "At least Large Mountain level" because they used the air pressure of their attacks to disperse the storm, with the air pressures being weaker than their punches.)

But, that means literally nothing because Katsuki has Explosion, which is more destructive and has a better range than Izuku's attacks. He doesn't have Blackwhip here, I'm pretty sure the movie happens before he unlocked it, but he does have better control of One For All which could carry him through the battle. Explosion is just too good for Izuku to overpower, especially since they are equal in power. Eventually, Izuku would cave in, or maybe Katsuki's body would destroy itself before then. I don't know.

Basically, Katsuki wins because he has Explosion along with One For All, which is possibly more powerful than he and Izuku are physically, because One For All boosts the user's Quirk.

Deku has much higher pain tolerance than Bakugo, so he can take explosions and keep fighting, while Bakugo will be cringing in pain from recoil anytime he goes for an attack, and won't take hits as well.

Deku would legit face tank an explosion, then jump through it to hit Bakugo while he's dealing with the backlash. The one thing Bakugo has over Deku is countered by Izuku not caring about it due to his adrenaline.

The damage from his explosion isn't even that much higher than Deku's physical stats, if it is at all. Nine ate an explosion and only cringed in pain. Deku, while getting weaker, kicked him once and knocked him out. Heck, his drill kick obliterated Nine's best possible shield several times over.

Also Deku does have black whip. He just didn't use it cause he couldn't control it at that point.

I agree with @Kingofwolves999, Deku showed a far better versatility using OFA and can keep attacking without being hindered by pain, while Bakugou was tripping every single strong attack. In terms of speed, Deku was able to outpace Nine to the point of almost blitz. Bakugou on the other used mostly his explosions to move.

As for the attack potency of OFA vs Explosion, they are likely comparable, as Deku was able to break Nine's Shield, something that Bakugou's explosion failed to do, but was very close to succeed.

Would've voted Deku as well since Deku has much higher tolerance for the repercussions of One For All at 100% and would power through Bakugo's explosions.

Doesn't matter now anyway, I'm just glad I was on the winning side lol

Back