• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

1st Generals of Grove Tournament (6/16)

ExSENNA

Any/All
Howdy?
It's been a while since the last time I had a Tournament. To be honest, it has been a while since I had activity here at all. Anyway, I'm making my return with another glorious Senna Event with medals for challengers to clinch!

I contemplated what tier this Tournament should be, but eventually settled on my first option, which is the 8-B and 8-A Tournament. I could not find a word to refer to this kind of territory, so I eventually settled with Grove, I guess a city block can be called a grove? No? Okay...

Challengers will collide to determine who becomes Champion and undisputed General of the Grove! Let's begin!

Challenger Rules
  • Tiers:
    • The allowed Tiers for this Tournament are 8-B and 8-A. Anything above 8-A is restricted.
  • Entries:
    • Each user can enter 2 Challengers. I can allow 3rd entry for any user if I feel like it. This is an FCOC Tournament, so I discourage entries from VSB.
  • Hax:
    • I'll judge hax on a case-by-case, but I want to generally keep it Low to Mid-level hax. As you can also guess, 8-B challengers will need more Dura-neg options to win against 8-A opponents due to the AP difference.
      • Hidden Technique: Balance: This technique gives me the power to ban entry for any challenger who I deem to be breaking the balance of the Tournament, even if they don't break the rules. The purpose of this is that, instead of 1 or 2 challengers being so far above everyone else as we've seen in one of my previous Tournaments, I aim to make sure each challenger has chances against others so this can be an exciting Tournament. Getting out-everything-ed to hell and back but still technically having win cons is not balanced
  • Info:
    • All challengers need to specify keys, equipment, and AP value. I will ignore it if not posted.
  • Reserve:
    • Only one spot at a time can be reserved, but if no challenger is submitted within 2 days, another person takes that spot.
  • Speed Thing:
    • Since speed is equalized, the challenger who is slower normally wins their matches the significant reason they won is a speed amp, the speed amp will be restricted/ignored. This is in line with VS Thread Rules
Match Rules
  • All matches will be speed equalized
  • 7 meters starting distance
  • Everything else is SBA

Challengers

ChallengerAttack Potency
(Tons of TNT)
KeySubmitter
Broly133Wrathful State

@Diamond_Drone

Asta345Devil Union

@Diamond_Drone

Jeffrey524Part 1-3@LeoEpicGamer8910
Ruby121Attack on Castle Grande@LeoEpicGamer8910
Dr. Hecate12No Suits/Tech@VeneficaAuthor
Yarrow12Key One@VeneficaAuthor
Kaint750Supreme Tournament@MintyBoi1

Last edited:
Won’t she just get stomped until she gives up?
Undyne can still deal minor damage due to the dura neg aspect of SOUL Magic and Green Mode lets her effectively paralyze anyone who doesn't have any ranged options.
Plus, she can sorta also amp herself further by injecting even more DT and her Type 2 Immortality would let her shrug off a few attacks that should've killed her.

I'm currently trying to talk with Venefica to see if they'd be interested in joining (Yes. We probably all forgot that the Veneficaverse does indeed have Tier 8 characters) XD

Unfortunately, I don't have any characters of mine in the Tier 8 range, let alone the 8-B to 8-A range.

Okay, I'm on a pc finally, let's see

How about Broly (Wrathful State) and Asta (Devil Union)? Broly scales to 133.3 Tons and Asta scales to 345.9 Tons
I guess they look good enough. They're in

I’ll enter Supreme Tournament Kaint (750 Tons)
I guess it's a little too much with paralysis projectiles and fear aura on top of possibly the highest AP in the tournament. What do you think? I may still let him if the fear aura is not an insta-win button and is manageable for opponents who don't resist it
You think Undyne could work? She has SAVE n LOAD (Basically just lets her retry the fight whenever she dies) but she's only around 17.7 Tons, so that should even it out.
How many times can she retry? if it is a few times like 5-10 it is fine but if she can do it endlessly like Frisk then that's too much

Can I enter Jeffrey (First key with all equipment; 524.38 Tons of TNT) and Ruby (first key; 120.96 Tons of TNT)? If either are too much for the tourney, I also have Sarah (79.70 Tons of TNT)
Only if not like last time where you just ignored the tournament :(

I'm letting Ruby and Sarah in. Jeffrey has way too much stuff going on with all that equipment can't read allat

Only if not like last time where you just ignored the tournament :(

I'm letting Ruby and Sarah in. Jeffrey has way too much stuff going on with all that equipment can't read allat
Not allowing a character because you can't bother to read what abilities they have is crazy 🗿

Also I should note that Jeffrey doesn't have any gloves in his first key, and death manip is super easy to avoid. It requires his opponent to stand within a 10 meter radius for like, 30 seconds, and can also kill him. I guess if it's just Ruby and Sarah tho than that's fine too.

I'm trying to do better, man

I guess it's a little too much with paralysis projectiles and fear aura on top of possibly the highest AP in the tournament. What do you think? I may still let him if the fear aura is not an insta-win button and is manageable for opponents who don't resist it
I wouldn’t say the aura is an instant win with enough willpower. The idea is you’re inflicted with the feeling you’re gonna die, so someone with little will would be frozen in fear. But if you can overcome that, whether via resistance or good willpower which other participants like Broly and Ruby should have, you can still fight, just more on edge.

Dang, the profile I’m making with an 8-B isn’t finished yet, hope I can finish the thorium Terrarian before this ends. Terraria needs more mod profiles like Minecraft.

Not allowing a character because you can't bother to read what abilities they have is crazy 🗿

Also I should note that Jeffrey doesn't have any gloves in his first key, and death manip is super easy to avoid. It requires his opponent to stand within a 10 meter radius for like, 30 seconds, and can also kill him. I guess if it's just Ruby and Sarah tho than that's fine too.

I'm trying to do better, man
Okay okay my bad I'm letting Jefffrey in place of Sara then

How many times can she retry? if it is a few times like 5-10 it is fine but if she can do it endlessly like Frisk then that's too much
She can do it as long as she doesn't give up, and considering the fact that this is Undyne... Yeah.

Oh well. IF sans might work? He's basically just a more experienced version of the canon sans. Downscales from 17.7 Tons btw

I'll try Hecate at 8-B (is she allowed any of the optional stuff? I think some of her standard weaponry like stun/blow grenades and stun knife are def legal, and she'd be in pretty bad shape without some of that stuff. Hecate Radar would also be super helpful. laser rifle prolly too op, but it does have dura neg for the 8-A's unless they resist what it does) and Yarrow.

Both should be listed at baseline.

I'll try Hecate at 8-B (is she allowed any of the optional stuff? I think some of her standard weaponry like stun/blow grenades and stun knife are def legal, and she'd be in pretty bad shape without some of that stuff. Hecate Radar would also be super helpful. laser rifle prolly too op, but it does have dura neg for the 8-A's unless they resist what it does) and Yarrow.

Both should be listed at baseline.
i cant really figure out what optional equipment she has in this key and what they grant her and her profile felt like all over the place plus im on mobile and itll be anothee 6 hours till i get to a pc bc im at the hospital again

with stabdard equipment alone she is okay but can u give me rundown on what she does with optional equipment if i may let her in probably

yarrow looks ok enough shes in

i cant really figure out what optional equipment she has in this key and what they grant her and her profile felt like all over the place plus im on mobile and itll be anothee 6 hours till i get to a pc bc im at the hospital again
Technically, she has everything, all suits, summons, and actual weapons but just don't give her the omnicube and disallow summons and that takes care of most of the problems there. The equipment I was referring to gives her these:
  • Enhanced Senses (Via her Hecate Radar, a highly advanced radar system developed by her during she and Alexis' escape planning period. It utilizes electromagnetic waves from living beings and the surroundings to map out the location and provide information of the position of others.)
  • Status Effect Inducement (Can stun the guards of Monarch Institution after stabbing them with her 'Elec Knife' despite their ability to resist tasers and similar technology built by Alexis. Managed to make small grenades which emitted sleeping gas able to put the guards to sleep, as well as light grenades which could blind them, even through their filtering scanners which normally prevented it. Can also use strong tranquilizers after robbing one of the Monarch guards)
  • Limited Technology Manipulation (Crafted a 'Blow Grenade' which confuses radars and security systems, as well as scramble radio waves and allow her to sneak more easily. Later, crafted an EMP powerful enough to disable Craven's battle mech for a decent time, despite its ability to 'rapid reboot', just by pulling some wires and using her limited knowledge of electromagnetic energy)
Laser rifle causes molecular stuff so it's a long shot, but it's her best dura neg option and is hard to land shots with

Technically, she has everything, all suits, summons, and actual weapons but just don't give her the omnicube and disallow summons and that takes care of most of the problems there. The equipment I was referring to gives her these:
  • Enhanced Senses (Via her Hecate Radar, a highly advanced radar system developed by her during she and Alexis' escape planning period. It utilizes electromagnetic waves from living beings and the surroundings to map out the location and provide information of the position of others.)
  • Status Effect Inducement (Can stun the guards of Monarch Institution after stabbing them with her 'Elec Knife' despite their ability to resist tasers and similar technology built by Alexis. Managed to make small grenades which emitted sleeping gas able to put the guards to sleep, as well as light grenades which could blind them, even through their filtering scanners which normally prevented it. Can also use strong tranquilizers after robbing one of the Monarch guards)
  • Limited Technology Manipulation (Crafted a 'Blow Grenade' which confuses radars and security systems, as well as scramble radio waves and allow her to sneak more easily. Later, crafted an EMP powerful enough to disable Craven's battle mech for a decent time, despite its ability to 'rapid reboot', just by pulling some wires and using her limited knowledge of electromagnetic energy)
Laser rifle causes molecular stuff so it's a long shot, but it's her best dura neg option and is hard to land shots with
good enough
shes in

She can do it as long as she doesn't give up, and considering the fact that this is Undyne... Yeah.

Oh well. IF sans might work? He's basically just a more experienced version of the canon sans. Downscales from 17.7 Tons btw
i mean

wouldnt he tk soul mess up ppl immediately the moment fight begins

undertale characters are weird in general imo bc supporters say gameplay mechanics are canon and should be binding to characters from other verses

i mean

wouldnt he tk soul mess up ppl immediately the moment fight begins

undertale characters are weird in general imo bc supporters say gameplay mechanics are canon and should be binding to characters from other verses
His SOUL telekinesis is really just fancy telekinesis, the SOUL never leaves the body so sans is basically just flinging the body around, as such it can be overpowered by pure LS.
Really the biggest thing that makes sans so powerful is his 1 damage-per frame ability, and since Verse Equalization makes anyone from another verse have 20HP, he can kill them really fast, virtually a one-shot if they get tagged by a Gaster Blaster.
But he's also getting one-shot here by everyone, so I think it's somewhat fair.

I wouldn’t say the aura is an instant win with enough willpower. The idea is you’re inflicted with the feeling you’re gonna die, so someone with little will would be frozen in fear. But if you can overcome that, whether via resistance or good willpower which other participants like Broly and Ruby should have, you can still fight, just more on edge.
if i let this guy in will we arbitrarily debate whether any opponent he faces will freeze and die or not due to strong/weak willpower, which itself is subjectice and arbitrary anyway

imo anyone who doesnt resist fearhax already will outright freeze or be severely hindered to even dare to fight this guy. i mean he himself has resistance to fearhax for tanking fearhax comparable to his own aura, if he did this bc of his strong willpower would he need that resistande given his kind of fearhax said to not be effective on those with strong will, whatever that means

i think the way this fear aura works is arbitrary and cant tell how effective it will be and how fair it is to let him in based on very limited knowledge i have on this character

His SOUL telekinesis is really just fancy telekinesis, the SOUL never leaves the body so sans is basically just flinging the body around, as such it can be overpowered by pure LS.
Really the biggest thing that makes sans so powerful is his 1 damage-per frame ability, and since Verse Equalization makes anyone from another verse have 20HP, he can kill them really fast, virtually a one-shot if they get tagged by a Gaster Blaster.
But he's also getting one-shot here by everyone, so I think it's somewhat fair.
fyi you cant overpower telekinesis with LS alone, you'd also need flight, otherwise you'd still get ragdolled bc you cant exert force on the necessary directions to counter telekinesis

Ig yeah, LS alone can overpower telekinesis when it's trying to like pin someone to the ground tho (sans did that once)
So, is sans too much?
you cannot. no matter how much a character can lift, if their own body weight is low ebough for others telekinesis to work, they'll get ragdolled. flight counters this bc chatacter now can exert force on the opposite direction of where telekinesis is trying to ragdoll them

yeah i aint allowing sans here, undertale characters in genera, i dont like how they are treated on this wiki

if i let this guy in will we arbitrarily debate whether any opponent he faces will freeze and die or not due to strong/weak willpower, which itself is subjectice and arbitrary anyway

imo anyone who doesnt resist fearhax already will outright freeze or be severely hindered to even dare to fight this guy. i mean he himself has resistance to fearhax for tanking fearhax comparable to his own aura, if he did this bc of his strong willpower would he need that resistande given his kind of fearhax said to not be effective on those with strong will, whatever that means

i think the way this fear aura works is arbitrary and cant tell how effective it will be and how fair it is to let him in based on very limited knowledge i have on this character
The resistance is because of Nite who has a similar aura which Kaint and others can resist. I’d say just enough willpower to be a strong fighter should suffice. Everyone in this tournament is already risking death since it’s a win condition. Other characters with similar levels of fear hax (Leaf Girl can increase the heart rates of people with Supernatural Willpower with aura) have been let into tournaments with people who don’t resist it.

The resistance is because of Nite who has a similar aura which Kaint and others can resist. I’d say just enough willpower to be a strong fighter should suffice. Everyone in this tournament is already risking death since it’s a win condition. Other characters with similar levels of fear hax (Leaf Girl can increase the heart rates of people with Supernatural Willpower with aura) have been let into tournaments with people who don’t resist it.
the point i was trying to make is that kaint resists it and i assumed he does so because of his own willpower

if bc of that i thought that resistance not needed since this fear aura partcicularly does not work on people with strong will as you saidu. but since he has resistance to it for tanking it im assuming fearhax resistance is needed to tank that thing otherwise he himself would not have ith. which led me to think that fearhax resistance is needed to tank it. basically imo if kaint tanked it bc of his willpower then be wouldnt have resistance to fearhax bc the said fearhax can be shrugged of with "strong will"

anyway you mentioned characters risking death thats good point, if being able to enter in situations where you risk death and operate fine then enough of a "strong willpower" to tank his aura he is in, if not im assuming everyone who doesnt explicitly resist fearhax gets frozen to death by him so he is not in

the point i was trying to make is that kaint resists it and i assumed he does so because of his own willpower

if bc of that i thought that resistance not needed since this fear aura partcicularly does not work on people with strong will as you saidu. but since he has resistance to it for tanking it im assuming fearhax resistance is needed to tank that thing otherwise he himself would not have ith. which led me to think that fearhax resistance is needed to tank it. basically imo if kaint tanked it bc of his willpower then be wouldnt have resistance to fearhax bc the said fearhax can be shrugged of with "strong will"

anyway you mentioned characters risking death thats good point, if being able to enter in situations where you risk death and operate fine then enough of a "strong willpower" to tank his aura he is in, if not im assuming everyone who doesnt explicitly resist fearhax gets frozen to death by him so he is not in
I’d say being able to risk death and go into situations should make it so you aren’t frozen. That effect is mainly useful on the targets Kaint assassinates who aren’t fighters. Still, without Supernatural Willpower or fear resistance, it should have some effect on fighters.

I’d say being able to risk death and go into situations should make it so you aren’t frozen. That effect is mainly useful on the targets Kaint assassinates who aren’t fighters. Still, without Supernatural Willpower or fear resistance, it should have some effect on fighters.
I guess that's fine then

Most people are fighters and have seen battles and I assume they can manage in situations where they feel like they might die

Back