• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R1M8] 1st Bane of Buildings Tournament - Fiona vs. Kirby (3-0-0)

ExSENNA

Any/All
Welcome to the Eighth Match of the First Round of the 1st Bane of Buildings Tournament! (Bracket) (Event Leaderboard)

On the blue corner, we have Fiona, submitted by @ThePrimalHunter!
On the red corner, we have Kirby, submitted by @MintyBoi1!
Duel 8, let's go!

Figure is 0.46 Tons, Kirby is 0.61 Tons. Kirby has 1.3 Tons AP advantage
Fiona has up to Class 5 with Shapeshifting, Kirby has Superhuman LS. Fiona has LS Advantage.

Anything above High 8-C is restricted
Speed equalized.
The location is the Gates of Hell
The starting distance is 15 meters.

Fiona:3
Kirby:
Incon (coin flip):

Last edited:
So I have 2 questions that can impact the outcome of this match

1. Can Kirby be seduced? Fiona often opens with her seduction and charm, getting people to be attracted to her and preventing a fight. And she's done this to hardened criminals, seducing them mid-battle and making them not want to fight her. If Fiona could do something simular to Kirby, she might be able to win via seduction-no-jutsu
  2. Would Kirby count as an animal? Fiona has shapeshifted into some wacky creatures before so if Kirby counts as an animal, she could probably shapeshift into the puffball and use her better weapon skill & experience to win

So I have 2 questions that can impact the outcome of this match

1. Can Kirby be seduced? Fiona often opens with her seduction and charm, getting people to be attracted to her and preventing a fight. And she's done this to hardened criminals, seducing them mid-battle and making them not want to fight her. If Fiona could do something simular to Kirby, she might be able to win via seduction-no-jutsu
  2. Would Kirby count as an animal? Fiona has shapeshifted into some wacky creatures before so if Kirby counts as an animal, she could probably shapeshift into the puffball and use her better weapon skill & experience to win
1: He’s a pure baby, unlikely
2: His species is unknown but extraterrestrial. And his physiology is very off, so also unlikely.
I’m wondering if Kirby has anything in the environment to eat. On his own he just has the Warp Star and Star Rod which are still very powerful.

Last edited:
Is Kirby able to use the powers he had in the DB? If he has enemies stored in his stomach, it would make sense.

Then Kirby will have to rely on the Star Rod. It can fire blasts and make explosions. And Kirby could also just inhale Velana.

Then Kirby will have to rely on the Star Rod. It can fire blasts and make explosions. And Kirby could also just inhale Velana.
*Fiona

Which likely won't happen as her other 8-C forms have Class 5 LS so they'd be able to escape that

Her Griffin form (Her most commn shapeshift) mixed with her acrobatics gives her great manuverability, so she could probably avoid the Star Rod for a while and could probably kill Kirby pretty quickly via piercing damage

Fiona also has regen, decent skill feats, great acrobatics, and her smaller forms. Since neither have prior knowledge Fiona could just turn into something small like an insect and sneak up on Kirby before transforming back & cutting apart the puffball

Which likely won't happen as her other 8-C forms have Class 5 LS so they'd be able to escape that

Her Griffin form (Her most commn shapeshift) mixed with her acrobatics gives her great manuverability, so she could probably avoid the Star Rod for a while and could probably kill Kirby pretty quickly via piercing damage

Fiona also has regen, decent skill feats, great acrobatics, and her smaller forms. Since neither have prior knowledge Fiona could just turn into something small like an insect and sneak up on Kirby before transforming back & cutting apart the puffball
She’d have to transform before Kirby gets her and/or her weapons and Kirby can get her in a second with Inhale. And Kirby also has great mobility with acrobatics and the Warp Star plus he’s a smaller target and outranges.

Fiona’s regen is said to take hours and she’ll be getting blown up or entirely pierced through which is way different than just a bullet wound. Kirby shares skill and acrobatics plus small size. If she tries turning to something small, he could just Inhale once she turns back.

She’d have to transform before Kirby gets her and/or her weapons and Kirby can get her in a second with Inhale. And Kirby also has great mobility with acrobatics and the Warp Star plus he’s a smaller target and outranges.
When SI doesn't work, Fiona opens with shapeshifting, so she's unlikely to get sucked up
If she tries turning to something small, he could just Inhale once she turns back.
Chances are she won't turn back until she's in an advantagious position, in which case she could just stab Kirby through the eye and end this pretty quickly

When SI doesn't work, Fiona opens with shapeshifting, so she's unlikely to get sucked up

Chances are she won't turn back until she's in an advantagious position, in which case she could just stab Kirby through the eye and end this pretty quickly
How’s she know she has to turn into something heavy enough to not be sucked up though? Also what is advantageous position?

How’s she know she has to turn into something heavy enough to not be sucked up though?
Once she starts getting sucked up, she could just transform into a griffin, and from there the LS edge will be able to keep her from getting sucked up
Also what is advantageous position?
To quote google:
Advantageous, adjective, involving or creating favorable circumstances that increase the chances of success or effectiveness; beneficial.
Pretty much, getting into a physical position that gives her an advantage, such as a sneak attack or something like that

Once she starts getting sucked up, she could just transform into a griffin, and from there the LS edge will be able to keep her from getting sucked up

To quote google:

Pretty much, getting into a physical position that gives her an advantage, such as a sneak attack or something like that
If she’s fast enough, I suppose she could avoid it. But the Warp Star would let Kirby fly around as well, so sneaking up on him wouldn’t really work. And once the Star Rod is pulled out, he could basically one shot Fiona with a laser. He wouldn’t just stand there, even if she did get behind he could probably dodge. I don’t see stealth mastery and Kirby has his small size plus acrobatics.

So ig what's everyone elses thoughts here? Fiona could win via better LS and piercing damage as well as transforming into a small insect and getting the jump on Kirby while Kirby can win via blowing Fiona up

Tough match for me to decide.

Regarding Kirby, he only ever used the star rod after Buu destroyed his warp star near the end of the fight. And that required him to absorb the warp star first.

So getting out the star rod quickly doesn't seem like it would be a super in-character move. Also, to get it out he has to sacrifice his mobility with the warp star.

Kirby started off by throwing hands in the death battle, so I assume that's what he'll start with here. He also doesn't really have any other options since there's nothing to absorb (except Fiona herself).

Fiona is probably better in close combat since she has greater range and fluency with a Thorn Whip. And Kirby is only 8 inches tall.

Kirby does have a good advantage though since he can use the Warp Star for better mobility.

Though the winner for me depends on who is quicker to use their best option. Does Fiona turn into a Griffin or does Kirby get out the star rod?

The griffin eliminates the benefit of the warp star and prevents Fiona from being absorbed. Star Rod would be a fight ender since it can one shot people on Kirby's level.

Personally I think Fiona turning into a Griffin is more likely based on the above conversation and what I mentioned about Kirby in the beginning.

Tough match for me to decide.

Regarding Kirby, he only ever used the star rod after Buu destroyed his warp star near the end of the fight. And that required him to absorb the warp star first.

So getting out the star rod quickly doesn't seem like it would be a super in-character move. Also, to get it out he has to sacrifice his mobility with the warp star.

Kirby started off by throwing hands in the death battle, so I assume that's what he'll start with here. He also doesn't really have any other options since there's nothing to absorb (except Fiona herself).

Fiona is probably better in close combat since she has greater range and fluency with a Thorn Whip. And Kirby is only 8 inches tall.

Kirby does have a good advantage though since he can use the Warp Star for better mobility.

Though the winner for me depends on who is quicker to use their best option. Does Fiona turn into a Griffin or does Kirby get out the star rod?

The griffin eliminates the benefit of the warp star and prevents Fiona from being absorbed. Star Rod would be a fight ender since it can one shot people on Kirby's level.

Personally I think Fiona turning into a Griffin is more likely based on the above conversation and what I mentioned about Kirby in the beginning.
That’s true but Kirby like said has nothing to eat here besides the Warp Star. Turning to his greatest weapon after Inhaling doesn’t work only seems natural. Even with Fiona’s flight, the rapid fire explosions and the energy beams size will be a struggle. I don’t think her turning to a griffin really is the fight ender. It seems more likely Kirby hits her with the Star Rod once the Warp Star isn’t beneficial.

The thing is with the superior LS griffin could just squash Kirby and he'd be completely immobilized. She could just stomp him over and over again or something and end the fight pretty easily. Remember, Kirby is only 8 inches tall

The thing is with the superior LS griffin could just squash Kirby and he'd be completely immobilized. She could just stomp him over and over again or something and end the fight pretty easily. Remember, Kirby is only 8 inches tall
But to do that she has to either catch him on the Warp Star or avoid being killed by the Star Rod. Kirby dealt with a flying opponent in his fight so he’ll be able to cope well.

But to do that she has to either catch him on the Warp Star or avoid being killed by the Star Rod. Kirby dealt with a flying opponent in his fight so he’ll be able to cope well.
Griffin evens the playing field with the warp star because it can fly as well. And on top of that likely has faster travel speed since Fiona gets a travel speed boost in that form.

Kirby has to sacrifice the warp star to gain the star rod. So he has to choose for mobility or power. Meanwhile Fiona can have both at the same time.

So imo I think Fiona is simply the winner more likely than not.

Griffin evens the playing field with the warp star because it can fly as well. And on top of that likely has faster travel speed since Fiona gets a travel speed boost in that form.

Kirby has to sacrifice the warp star to gain the star rod. So he has to choose for mobility or power. Meanwhile Fiona can have both at the same time.

So imo I think Fiona is simply the winner more likely than not.
I’m not sure about the speed point given the rule about slower characters winning by stat amps. Fiona’s travel speed is noted to only go up to Superhuman while Kirby is Subsonic by default.

This is basically a cat vs a nuclear bomb. Sure Fiona has two things, but Kirby’s one thing far outclasses that. Not to mention he’s a small target and she’s a huge target I’m imagining given what a Griffith usually looks like.

I’m not sure about the speed point given the rule about slower characters winning by stat amps. Fiona’s travel speed is noted to only go up to Superhuman while Kirby is Subsonic by default.

This is basically a cat vs a nuclear bomb. Sure Fiona has two things, but Kirby’s one thing far outclasses that. Not to mention he’s a small target and she’s a huge target I’m imagining given what a Griffith usually looks like.
Even disregarding speed. The point still stands that the mobility advantage from the warp star vanished when Fiona turns into a Griffin.

I don't think the star rod outclasses the Griffin since Kirby has to absorb his Warp Star to even get that. All Griffin has to do is restrain Kirby before he gets the star rod and the match is practically over.

Even if he does get the star rod, it isn't like it can't be dodged. And, given that Kirby is only 8 inches tall, the beam it projects isn't that large either, making it a projectile that could be avoided.

It doesn't help your case that Kirby waited until the end of his fight to use the star rod, while Primal stated that Fiona opens with shapeshifting.

Gonna have to vote for Fiona on this one.

Even disregarding speed. The point still stands that the mobility advantage from the warp star vanished when Fiona turns into a Griffin.

I don't think the star rod outclasses the Griffin since Kirby has to absorb his Warp Star to even get that. All Griffin has to do is restrain Kirby before he gets the star rod and the match is practically over.

Even if he does get the star rod, it isn't like it can't be dodged. And, given that Kirby is only 8 inches tall, the beam it projects isn't that large either, making it a projectile that could be avoided.

It doesn't help your case that Kirby waited until the end of his fight to use the star rod, while Primal stated that Fiona opens with shapeshifting.

Gonna have to vote for Fiona on this one.
That’s a good point, but it doesn’t change Kirby having far better range and AOE. Plus his acrobatics makes it less likely Fiona can catch him before catching a stray explosion or laser. The Warp Star let Kirby avoid an already launched attack (16:11), a clunky bird is gonna have a harder time reaching him.

The beam eclipsed Kid Buu’s lower half who is 4’9 after he teleported, definitely large enough to put a decently sized hole in Fiona’s torso. And once again Kirby is vastly limited on options here so he should just resort to what he has since there’s nothing to eat which is his main instinct.

For now I vote Kirby. It just seems more likely he gets the drop on Fiona especially since she has to avoid a surprise inhale after supposedly starting with social influencing.

Back